Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Zeus - God of Thunder and Lightning

Howdy,
    after some lives as centered Kensais with either 6 Ranger or 6 paladin in addition to 8 Fighter and 6 Monk, i have a good idea about the DPS and survivability of those builds.
    After making some recent changes to my rogue build i ended up on

Version 1.2
    12 Rogue 6 Paladin 2 Monk Bladeforged Full time Melee.

The idea behind the build was to get as high sustained Doublestrike as possible, without relying on stuff like the killer enhancement or double strike boost.Currently i am sitting on 70% double strike, 38% constant (9% Past life, 8% item, 3% Opportunist, 10% Ultimate Air stance, 3% Black Dragon Set, 5% Ptwf) and 32% bonus from Quick Strike (25%) and Lightning Mace (7% more than item)Using Sireth as Acrobat gives you 13-20x3 with 19-20x5 for a ****load of crits, making use of Opportunist 10%, Grims precision 15% and Black Docent 20% Armor bypass.Came up with zeus after noticing that this build procudes a basically constant stream of lightning effects, thanks to:Lightning Strike, Cloudburst, Thunderstruck, Greater Shocking Blow and Lightning MaceThose are nicely amplified by tier 1 Henshin Static Charge 10% Lightning damage amplification.Starting Stats:Str 16 dex 7 con 16 int 14 wis 6 cha 17

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.03
    DDO Character Planner Home Page
    Level 28 Lawful Good Bladeforged Male(6 Paladin \ 2 Monk \ 12 Rogue \ 8 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 498
    Spell Points: 135
     BAB: 16\16\21\26\26
    Fortitude: 23
    Reflex: 20
    Will: 15                 
    Starting         
    Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        
    Base Stats          
    Modified Stats(36 Point)       
    (Level 1)             
    (Level 28)Strength             17                    31Dexterity             7                    12Constitution         16                    21Intelligence         14                    19Wisdom                6                    11Charisma             16                    21Tomes Used+1 Tome of Strength used at level 2+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 2+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 2+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 2+1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 2+1 Tome of Charisma used at level 2+2 Tome of Strength used at level 6+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 6+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 6+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 6+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 6+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 6+3 Tome of Strength used at level 10+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 10+3 Tome of Constitution used at level 10+3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 10+3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 10+3 Tome of Charisma used at level 10+4 Tome of Strength used at level 14+4 Tome of Dexterity used at level 14+4 Tome of Constitution used at level 14+4 Tome of Intelligence used at level 14+4 Tome of Wisdom used at level 14+4 Tome of Charisma used at level 14+5 Tome of Strength used at level 18+5 Tome of Dexterity used at level 18+5 Tome of Constitution used at level 18+5 Tome of Intelligence used at level 18+5 Tome of Wisdom used at level 18+5 Tome of Charisma used at level 18                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement                 Base Skills         Modified SkillsSkills           (Level 1)            (Level 28)Balance              -2                    12Bluff                 3                    13Concentration         3                    13Diplomacy             7                    38Disable Device        n/a                  36Haggle                3                    15Heal                 -2                     8Hide                 -2                     9Intimidate            7                    36Jump                  3                    26Listen               -2                     8Move Silently        -2                     9Open Lock            n/a                   32Perform               n/a                  n/aRepair                4                    39Search                2                    36Spellcraft            2                    12Spot                 -2                    31Swim                  3                    18Tumble               n/a                   13Use Magic Device      5                    24Level 1 (Paladin)Feat: (Deity) Follower of the Lord of BladesFeat: (Selected) NegotiatorFeat: (Past Life) Past Life: ArtificerFeat: (Past Life) Past Life: BarbarianFeat: (Past Life) Past Life: BardFeat: (Past Life) Past Life: ClericFeat: (Past Life) Past Life: DruidFeat: (Past Life) Past Life: Favored SoulFeat: (Past Life) Past Life: FighterFeat: (Past Life) Past Life: MonkFeat: (Past Life) Past Life: PaladinFeat: (Past Life) Past Life: RangerFeat: (Past Life) Past Life: RogueFeat: (Past Life) Past Life: SorcererFeat: (Past Life) Past Life: WizardLevel 2 (Rogue)Level 3 (Monk)Feat: (Selected) CleaveFeat: (Monk Bonus) Power AttackLevel 4 (Monk)Feat: (Monk Bonus) ToughnessLevel 5 (Rogue)Level 6 (Paladin)Feat: (Selected) Adept of FormsLevel 7 (Paladin)Level 8 (Paladin)Level 9 (Paladin)Feat: (Selected) Quicken SpellLevel 10 (Rogue)Level 11 (Paladin)Level 12 (Rogue)Feat: (Selected) Great CleaveLevel 13 (Rogue)Level 14 (Rogue)Level 15 (Rogue)Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Bludgeoning WeaponsLevel 16 (Rogue)Level 17 (Rogue)Level 18 (Rogue)Feat: (Selected) Master of FormsFeat: (Rogue Bonus) OpportunistLevel 19 (Rogue)Level 20 (Rogue)Level 21 (Epic)Feat: (Selected) Epic: Overwhelming CriticalLevel 22 (Epic)Level 23 (Epic)Level 24 (Epic)Feat: (Selected) Epic: Epic ToughnessLevel 25 (Epic)Level 26 (Epic)Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon FightingLevel 27 (Epic)Feat: (Selected) Grandmaster of FormsLevel 28 (Epic)Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Epic Spell Power: RepairEnhancement: Bladeforged - Improved Fortification (Rank 1)Enhancement: Bladeforged - Mechanist (Rank 1)Enhancement: Bladeforged - Mechanist (Rank 2)Enhancement: Bladeforged - Mechanist (Rank 3)Enhancement: Bladeforged - Communion of Scribing (Rank 1)Enhancement: Bladeforged - Communion of Scribing (Rank 2)Enhancement: Bladeforged - Communion of Scribing (Rank 3)Enhancement: Bladeforged - Improved Power Attack (Rank 1)Enhancement: Bladeforged - Improved Power Attack (Rank 2)Enhancement: Bladeforged - Improved Power Attack (Rank 3)Enhancement: Bladeforged - Communion of Handling (Rank 1)Enhancement: Bladeforged - Weapon Attachment (Rank 1)Enhancement: Bladeforged - Power of the Forge (Rank 1)Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Hunter of the Dead I (Rank 1)Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Extra Turning (Rank 1)Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Extra Turning (Rank 2)Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Extra Turning (Rank 3)Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Extra Smite (Rank 1)Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Divine Might (Rank 1)Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Divine Might (Rank 2)Enhancement: Knight of the Chalice (Pal) - Divine Might (Rank 3)Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Holy Bastion (Rank 1)Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Divine Righteousness (Rank 1)Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Sacred Defense (Rank 1)Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Extra Lay on Hands (Rank 1)Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Extra Lay on Hands (Rank 2)Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Resilient Defense (Rank 1)Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Resilient Defense (Rank 2)Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Resilient Defense (Rank 3)Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Durable Defense (Rank 1)Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Durable Defense (Rank 2)Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Durable Defense (Rank 3)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Staff Control (Rank 1)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Stick Fighting (Rank 1)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Tumbler (Rank 1)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Kip Up (Rank 1)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Staff Training (Rank 1)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Thief Acrobatics (Rank 1)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Thief Acrobatics (Rank 2)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Thief Acrobatics (Rank 3)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Staff Training (Rank 1)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Quick Strike (Rank 1)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Quick Strike (Rank 2)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Quick Strike (Rank 3)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Haste Boost (Rank 1)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Haste Boost (Rank 2)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Haste Boost (Rank 3)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Staff Training (Rank 1)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Strength (Rank 1)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Staff Training (Rank 1)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - No Mercy (Rank 1)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - No Mercy (Rank 2)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - No Mercy (Rank 3)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Strength (Rank 1)Enhancement: Thief-Acrobat (Rog) - Staff Specialization (Rank 1)
    Feats: Completionist (switched in for Negotiator at Fred), cleave, great cleave, quicken, imp crit bludgeon, toughness, Adept, Master, Grandmaster, Overwhelming Crit, Epic Reflexes, Ptwf, Toughness

For survivability:
    1100 HP
    106 prr
    Displacement Clickies
    25% Dodge as Blitz
    75% Dodge with imp uncanny Dodge active, which is extremly powerful as red named dont have ability to bypass dodge, therefore even able to tank hard hitting stuff for a limited amount

Heres a video of it soloing EE DA:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmclwQHTfn4

Soloing EE Breaking the Ranks

Version 1.3

Rogue 13 Paladin 6 Monk 1

~Coming soon~

No really time to post stuff here atm, but there you go, the full ExcelSheet for Zeus Builds.xlsx

Haek

Edit: Stupid Browser just f*"*§$* up the post.
    Last edited by Lurzifer; 06-03-2014 at 06:47 AM.
    Haek N' Slay (©ompletionist Juggernaut / Zeus Life 61 of 61)My Toon is better than your toon.Mitis Mors - Thelanis

Default This is gonna be good

EDIT: This was much better than I expected
    Last edited by DrWily; 04-11-2014 at 07:37 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrWily View Post
    Is this by any chance a toaster airsav monk with those handwraps from What Goes Up?
    In my opinion any Zeus-like build should be a fleshy, not a toaster.

I already called the Thunder & Lightning gimp on Thelanis.

Can't wait.

Sounds like it might even be bigger than the Phantom Lancer?????

Let the thunder roll and the lighting flash I'm doing alright for country trash
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Updated OP.
    Haek N' Slay (©ompletionist Juggernaut / Zeus Life 61 of 61)My Toon is better than your toon.Mitis Mors - Thelanis

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Very cool bro! Epic! If/when you feel like it/are in a good mood, please *consider* posting some kind of breakdown on the enhancements?

If you don't mind? No rush. Keep the great builds going! Cheers! :P! ! !
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

What about a 10 ROgue 6 monk 4 paladin? that's the build im playing. went for 6 monk for shadow veil clickie and free adept of forms. It just loses out 1d6 sneak from yours. And here's a question, are 6 paladin lvls for defensive stance from sacred defender? other than that i can't se why going above 4 paladin lvls.
    Argo: - Trolls Lair / Intransigence

Quote Originally Posted by serthcore View Post
    What about a 10 ROgue 6 monk 4 paladin? that's the build im playing. went for 6 monk for shadow veil clickie and free adept of forms. It just loses out 1d6 sneak from yours. And here's a question, are 6 paladin lvls for defensive stance from sacred defender? other than that i can't se why going above 4 paladin lvls.
    12 Rogue for being immune to knockdowns and 6 pal for defender stance aye.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurzifer View Post
    12 Rogue for being immune to knockdowns and 6 pal for defender stance aye.
    Doh forgot about the knockdown inmunity.

Thanks for posting the build, looking forward to see the enhacements list!
    Argo: - Trolls Lair / Intransigence

This has been a long time coming - I'm surprised to see 12 rog, but it looks good. Where's the to-hit sitting (and how much of that is pl's) ? would you benefit from bladesworn transformation (since bf reconstruct should work through it), or tenser's scrolls?

Just wondering if there's a way to do a gimpy version for a 2nd lifer w/ +4 tomes, Came to the multiclass forum to see if anything has come up with better centered fighter for an alt reroll and saw this. I've done 8/6/6 ftr/ranger twf tempest w/ manyshot and it was good in melee, marginal in rdps, and low in survivability, but I did miss the constant melee damage.
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

Quote Originally Posted by Voltelin View Post
    This has been a long time coming - I'm surprised to see 12 rog, but it looks good. Where's the to-hit sitting (and how much of that is pl's) ? would you benefit from bladesworn transformation (since bf reconstruct should work through it), or tenser's scrolls?

Just wondering if there's a way to do a gimpy version for a 2nd lifer w/ +4 tomes, Came to the multiclass forum to see if anything has come up with better centered fighter for an alt reroll and saw this. I've done 8/6/6 ftr/ranger twf tempest w/ manyshot and it was good in melee, marginal in rdps, and low in survivability, but I did miss the constant melee damage.
    Past lifes never hurt of course, but i see no reason this build wouldnt work with a 2nd lifer. There a no attribute tresholds you have to achieve, so no sweat there.
    Bladesworn transformation is nice, but i rarely use it because of that long CD, usually only in fights i feel i need every bit to survive, like green dragon in eveningstar well on EE, he sucks as melee
    Tensers scrolls are nice, but switching out weapon kills weapon attachement, so thats really only for situations where you need those extra HP.

it even nicely works with lesser gear, like basically free Oak walking stick as replacement for sireth.

Will post enhancements later today!

Haek

Updated OP with enhancements.

Founder

25 Prr is going to be like 15% dam red so shadow fade is almost as good plus you get monk 6 benefits. Can you not afford the turn undead twist if you go pal 2?

Community Member

Using Sireth as Acrobat gives you 13-20x3 with 19-20x5 for a ****load of crits, making use of Opportunist 10%, Grims precision 15% and Black Docent 20% Armor bypass.
    Came up with zeus after noticing that this build procudes a basically constant stream of lightning effects, thanks to:
    Lightning Strike, Cloudburst, Thunderstruck, Greater Shocking Blow and Lightning Mace
    Those are nicely amplified by tier 1 Henshin Static Charge 10% Lightning damage amplification.
    The wide crit range is a big boost to you dps - 40% crit - combined with the 2-2.5% from blitz and it's a constant multiplicative damage boost. Staff Specialization is a combination of Pulverizer and Keen Edge combined.

Haek is doing about 2.8k dps on Turiguion. Nice job.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Quote Originally Posted by emptysands View Post
    Haek is doing about 2.8k dps on Turiguion. Nice job.
    When im 28 again ill do another run and video of endboss and will go full frenzy on the bastard, you will be surprised whats in the build when not distracted

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

This is the build u were working on when I was chatting to you the other day? I was trying to guess at it using just the split u told me (we didn't guess). Cool. Yeah hurry up and get to 28. I want to see this in action
    ~ Crimson Eagles of Khyber ~
    ~ Melianny ~ Melizzic ~ Melton ~ Meliambit ~ Mellant ~ Melimenace ~ Melangst ~

Community Member

When im 28 again ill do another run and video of endboss and will go full frenzy on the bastard, you will be surprised whats in the build when not distracted
    I eye balled it on my phone the other day and calculated 3k, but made a closer look and also cut out the start (distracted by another mob) and end (distracted by guildies coming for the chest).

I was trying to figure out an estimate for a monkcher. Hasted rapid reload BAB20 longbow is (*) about 70 arrows per minute. Unbridled Fury is x4 dmg every 3s for 30s.

During manyshot you'll get 6-7 sets of fury+4 arrows, out of 11 overloads in 30s. Slayer is 20s CD, so you can get two in one Unbridled window, one with manyshot. So in 60s window with manyshot you get 5.5x4 fury arrows, 1x4 slaying fury arrows, 16.5x4 normal arrows, 1x1 slaying fury arrow, 5.5x1 fury arrows, 1x2 slaying arrows and 38 normal arrows. Total: 28 fury, 5 slaying fury, 2 slaying, 104 normal arrows.

So everything going perfectly and doing about 100 per arrow, 500 for normal slaying arrow, 1500 with adrenaline, and 10,000 with max slaying adrenaline. So about 104k in 60s, or 1.7k dps. This ignores crits and 10k if you have it.

Getting a bit side-tracked from the OP, but it interesting to try figure a comparison.

(*) Be interesting if someone has some recent numbers on this. I need to test it myself.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Community Member

Default Actually i think i can do EE DA solo in well under 25 minutes, which i hereby challen

Ch..ch...ch..challenge accepted!

Bladeforged
    14 Rogue / 3 Monk / 3 Druid

Feats: Basically exactly the same but you "COULD" get all the THF feats instead of Toughness, Epic Toughness and Completionist (it becomes 'not worth it' when Cha isn't being leveraged).

Enhancements:
    21 Bladeforged (no racial seeker/addy enhancement)
    13 Druid NW (Max Fatal Harrier, the +6 crit damage and doublestrike action boost)
    3 Monk HeS (Same as you)
    12 Monk NiS (Up to Poison Sting making sure to get 'Falco-Pawch' ie: Fist of Iron along the way)
    31 Rogue TA (same as you)

Why COULD this be better?

Fatal Harrier can give +10% more attack speed than Zeus build can achieve - this means about 17 more attacks per minute with 70 doublestrike.

With Rams Hands, Druid crit damage and the ability to have a higher base strength (cha becomes a dump stat) it means that the build only does 2 less damage per crit (before mods), 8 less per normal hit.

Ninja Poison + Falco-Pawch add a ton of damage and a small benefit of +3d6 sneak attacks.

You get improved evasion

*Optional* THF feats add a whole bunch of glancing damage. While not 'as good' because staffs don't get Cleave glancing blows, it's still a bunch of extra damage when you do auto-attack. From what I saw, this happened pretty often.

Why COULD this be worse?

You lose 25 PRR.
    You lose Addie weapon buffs
    You lose a LOT of saves
    If you can't get Fatal Harrier up, it hurts (although if you can keep Blitz you should be able to keep Harrier)
    You can't doublestrike + haste buff yourself at the same time (but oh man if you could)

*Optional* If you go for THF you lose around 80-90 hp.

That's my best shot at beating it.

PS: I will NEVER be able to make this build. I'm new, have no gear, don't own Bladeforged and don't have time to farm a million lives. So, if anyone is inclined, that's my best offer for a DPS toon that can do 'better' than Zeus in this speed challenge
    Last edited by Xianio; 02-03-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast