Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Alpha Look: Crafting, Weapons and another use for COV's

So there will be some sort of new crafting that includes weapons here's a brief look:

This crafting altar was found in the Lower Ruins.

Nice catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

interesting, can't wait to see what this turns into.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Community Member

A lot of people will want to know what weapon types are available so they can plan their builds accordingly.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kielbasa View Post
    A lot of people will want to know what weapon types are available so they can plan their builds accordingly.
    Taken from Grizz's thread here:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...System-Details

Bastard Sword (BDR: 30.80, 3.5[1d10] + 9 Slash 19-20 x2)
    Battle Axe (BDR: 26.95, 3.5[1d8] + 9 Slash 20 x3)
    Dagger (BDR: 19.25, 3.5[1d4] + 9 Pierce 19-20 x2)
    Dwarven Waraxe (BDR: 30.80, 3.5[1d10] + 9 Slash 20 x3)
    Hand Axe (BDR: 23.10, 3.5[1d6] + 9 Slash 20 x3)
    Handwraps (Specifics Unknown)
    Heavy Mace (BDR: 25.73, 3.5[1d8] + 9 Bludgeon 20 x2)
    Heavy Pick (BDR: 24.15, 3.5[1d6] + 9 Pierce 20 x4)
    Kama (BDR: 22.05, 3.5[1d6] + 9 Slash 20 x2)
    Khopesh (BDR: 29.40, 3.5[1d8] + 9 Slash 19-20 x3)
    Kukri (BDR: 20.13, 3.5[1d4] + 9 Slash 18-20 x2)
    Light Mace (BDR: 22.05, 3.5[1d6] + 9 Bludgeon 20 x2)
    Longsword (BDR: 26.95, 3.5[1d8] + 9 Slash 19-20 x2)
    Morningstar (BDR: 25.73, 3.5[1d8] + 9 Bludgeon 20 x2)
    Rapier (BDR: 24.15, 3.5[1d6] + 9 Pierce 18-20 x2)
    Scepter (BDR: 22.05, 3.5[1d6] + 9 Bludgeon 20 x2)
    Scimitar (BDR: 24.15, 3.5[1d6] + 9 Slash 18-20 x2)
    Shortsword (BDR: 23.10, 3.5[1d6] + 9 Piece 19-20 x2)
    Sickle (BDR: 22.05, 3.5[1d6] + 9 Slash 20 x2)
    Warhammer (BDR: 26.95, 3.5[1d8] + 9 Bludgeon 20 x3)
    Falchion (BDR: 30.48, 3.5[2d4] + 9 Slash 18-20 x2)
    Great Axe (BDR: 34.65, 3.5[1d12] + 9 Slash 20 x3)
    Greatsword (BDR: 36.85, 3.5[2d6] + 9 Slash 19-20 x2)
    Quarterstaff (BDR: 22.05, 3.5[1d6] + 9 Bludgeon 20 x2)
    Maul (BDR: 30.80, 3.5[1d10] + 9 Bludgeon 20 x3)

Great Crossbow (BDR: 46.58, 3.5[2d8] + 9 Pierce 18-20 x2)
    Repeating Heavy Crossbow (BDR: 30.80, 3.5[1d10] + 9 Pierce 19-20 x2)
    Longbow (BDR: 26.95, 3.5[1d8] + 9 Pierce 20 x3)
    I would recommend NOT starting to plans builds around any of this info. It's very, very early and much of it might/can/will change. My intention was more of "Hey, look, we will get to do more crafting in this content! Weapons this time around!" Nothing more.

Yay, YET ANOTHER crafting system that's incompatible with the gazillion crafting systems we already have. :/

well, there needs to be another way to get Comms or increase the drop rates. the power gamers probably already have completionist by now and the power gamers lite are probably not far behind so they wont have any other reason to spend Comms. people are going to have to really decide on ER or new shiny weapon.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Community Member

Default Look at those crit profiles so far !!

Really Drocto or w.e , We are well beyond the days of basic crit profiles and low dice !!

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Don;t forget this stuff is super early in development so stuff could easily change so don't start building characters around it
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

I have two complaints for the metal type bypass.

1) Lore-wise, Byeshk is an eberron-related material. Makes no sense for a FR weapon having byeshk on their material.

2) Game-wise, still lacking Crystal damage bypass. I know, only quori have this type of DR and we have seen only one new quori since U2. But we have very few weapons with crystal-bypass material.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Worth reposting:
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post

• Loot is not finished. Not even close. Matter of fact, most of it is placeholder stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Worth reposting:[/LIST]
    Meaning you can increase the amount of comms needed, its bad as it is now being forced to take comms at every end reward but when/if this comes in it will be even worse.

You need todo something about just getting comms on first run only, how about giving -20% of the amount of comms ect based on you quest ransack, so next run you would get -40% less comms. Something really needs to be done about comms and its just going to get worse the more items you use them for.....

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Gizeh View Post
    Yay, YET ANOTHER crafting system that's incompatible with the gazillion crafting systems we already have. :/
    This. So totally not impressed here...
    And they want us to spend cov's on it??
    Now if they made it so that you could spend something like 5 covs to put a colourless augment slot on a greensteel item (and maybe another 5 to upgrade it to yellow, then to orange/green), and perhaps even 10 covs (plus upgrades) for a 2nd slot... THAT would be awesome. That would be actual competition to using covs for a heart. This? Not holding my breath.

Edit: and yes, we players DID ask for an "epic greensteel" crafting option. This however is nothing like greensteel, because a) it uses covs, and b) it's weapons only, whereas greensteel has many different options. If this was meant as an "epic greensteel" system, it currently very much resembles a fail. A big one. If it's just a generic New! Shiny! system, that, for different reasons, is ALSO a fail.

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Last edited by RedOrm; 01-24-2014 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    I have two complaints for the metal type bypass.

1) Lore-wise, Byeshk is an eberron-related material. Makes no sense for a FR weapon having byeshk on their material.

2) Game-wise, still lacking Crystal damage bypass. I know, only quori have this type of DR and we have seen only one new quori since U2. But we have very few weapons with crystal-bypass material.
    Yes they even got rid of the Red Augment Crystal of Dream's Dispelling from 12 trade in.

At this stage of the game, anything that procs with a DC check is functionally useless. Please remove DC checks on all effects from the craftable weapons, either make it proc or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Community Member

I assume this is implemented because alot of people seemed to have liked the greensteel system(according to the thread they asked about crafting systems in)

Are the ingredients only available from the raid or will they drop in say haunted halls too ?

Community Member

DDO should get two awards with this,

1. Most Crafting Systems in an MMORPG.
    2. Most unused Crafting Systems in an MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    I assume this is implemented because alot of people seemed to have liked the greensteel system(according to the thread they asked about crafting systems in)
    Agreed, but it's a shame that people didn't explain WHY they like greensteel. People like greensteel because they are level 18 weapons that can be used at level 12.

These are level 28 weapons that can be used at level 28...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    Agreed, but it's a shame that people didn't explain WHY they like greensteel. People like greensteel because they are level 18 weapons that can be used at level 12.

These are level 28 weapons that can be used at level 28...
    I assume that is because people said they wanted something to do at end game, although to be fair, it's an early build they could still lower the ML.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    At this stage of the game, anything that procs with a DC check is functionally useless. Please remove DC checks on all effects from the craftable weapons, either make it proc or not.

I don't think the devs realize this and it makes me wonder if the loot guys have any idea what the monster devs are making the mobs saves dc 50 reflex even useless on EH for most upper level content 45 will might proc slightly more often but not very the loot devs and the monster devs need to get together and actually look at eachothers work.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast