Default Returning Player... Maybe

Hi guys,

Been gone for a few years, so I have some questions - if you don't mind answering them, I would appreciate the assist.

First, what areas are available for free? The landscapes are so cluttered with NPCs it is difficult to run around, I don't understand why they don't filter out the NPCs you haven't purchased. I don't want to dump a bunch of money into a game when I'm not even sure I'll keep playing for more than a couple of weeks.

I have a few things from the old gear, and wanted to know if any of it has value in the game today.

+1 W/P Rapier
    +1 W/P Shortsword
    Bloodstone
    Ring of Ancestors
    Sirroco
    Haste clickies
    +2 Tomes

and more of such similar gear.

As well, what happened to the gear on the missing bank tabs? or am I mistaking that we used to have more bank tabs??

Thanks for any assist. It seems that any adventure that requires you to leave Stormreach is pretty well going to cost money - unless you can direct me otherwise. Not that it's an issue, but when I can't even access my Warforged characters.... it's kind of lame that I have to pay for them now since I started them under the old system....

Thanks to all

Dead
    "Ya know, if yur so Uber, why can't yah remember Clerics can't cast around corners yet?"

ring of the ancesters still has some small value. evrything else....not so much.

wb irreguardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadrick View Post

As well, what happened to the gear on the missing bank tabs? or am I mistaking that we used to have more bank tabs??

Thanks for any assist. It seems that any adventure that requires you to leave Stormreach is pretty well going to cost money - unless you can direct me otherwise. Not that it's an issue, but when I can't even access my Warforged characters.... it's kind of lame that I have to pay for them now since I started them under the old system....

WB.

Any bank tabs you had, should still be there. (In case they're just hiding atm, recheck NPC Nyx with a char that has House K favor to see if that opens them back up.)

Warforged are a pay race for Premium. I'm guessing that you were VIP before you left?
    You will need to buy that to be able to play those chars, unfort.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Default Thanks kindly for your replies

VIP? Hmmmm, what's that? I started about 1 or 2 months after it came out, if I remember rightly. I paid a monthly subscription fee in order to play - period. Warforged were just a part of the game. I didn't get a Founders Hat, but I didn't miss it by much. I last played around when Meridia was popular, I think they added another area right around that time, but I could be wrong. I remember the level cap being 8 or 10 (when I started), and Waterworks was king for leveling, and there was a quest to get into the marketplace...

Anyway, is there a sticky or something listing the free areas for those of who come in? I'm having a really hard time finding recent guides. I'd really like to see if the game is worth playing for me...

Thanks again,

Dead
    "Ya know, if yur so Uber, why can't yah remember Clerics can't cast around corners yet?"

Last edited by Satyriasys; 01-19-2014 at 08:11 PM.

First, what areas are available for free? The landscapes are so cluttered with NPCs it is difficult to run around, I don't understand why they don't filter out the NPCs you haven't purchased. I don't want to dump a bunch of money into a game when I'm not even sure I'll keep playing for more than a couple of weeks.
    All content that you don't have access to will have red icons on your minimap in game.

You stopped playing before I started 4 years ago, and a lot (A LOT) has changed. If you decide to get back into the game seriously, make sure you read the adventure pack review and buyer guide to help you figure out the Free to Play era before you spend any money.

VIP? Hmmmm, what's that? I started about 1 or 2 months after it came out, if I remember rightly. I paid a monthly subscription fee in order to play - period. ...

Yup. That's called VIP now. As a prior VIP, you'll be Premium at the least now, as opposed to fully F2P (Free to Play). Satyr's links will explain that more.

Being it's been that long since you played, you'll also be able to get some first-time favor TP bonuses. I'll try to find the link for that and edit in. That might help you buy some basics like your WF. (Oh, and iirc those are per-server, so rolling a new char on different servers and running up a couple hundred favor will net ya some more TPs.)

edit: (I really hate the current Search functionality)

can't find the specific thread I was hunting which tells the first-time TP bonuses.

This will help get ya rolling tho.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Favor-Rewards

edit:
    Found the thread I was looking for finally:

The 100-favor dash, with the first-time bonuses listed. https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/326657
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 01-20-2014 at 08:04 PM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Warforged are free to vips, so if you decide to subscribe again, you'll get them back automatically. Also, F2P get 2 character slots, Premium (that's you) get 4, and VIPs get 10; keep that in mind if you do not want to subscribe: you may also have to buy extra character slots in order to get access to all your characters. Note that Shadowfell gave 4 extra slots, I can't remember if that was the preorder of is it still included.
    Note also that the 2 expansions (MotU and Shadowfell) are not part of VIP and need to be bought regardless.

Greetz,
    Red Orm