Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Lightbulb The plus 100% / 50% damage builds

The plus 100%/50% damage builds
    Note: A word of thanks upfront to multiple people for their light based builds as I have been playing light based builds since MotUD came out and their threads have been very helpful to me (especially Ancient's Nova-Soul threads and those that contributed to them). Some of those threads are focused on solo'ing Epic Elite (EE) dungeons but this thread is me trying to coalesce and share my ideas on what a light based build could bring to a party/raid and I hope others chime in to improve these initial thoughts...
    The main purposes of these builds is to give the entire party's or raid's self-sufficient DPS melee up to +50% damage on Bosses and even up to +100% damage if the team is well coordinated up front… Secondarily this build should keep all the DPS grouped with it fully healed with minimal effort and maybe even the tank as well if the tank can be is close enough to benefit from the AoEs. I posted this thread to start a discussion and see if RAID/Party leaders would see these kinds of builds as helpful to the Party/Raid (particularly on the bosses)...
    There are lots of class splits/builds that can make this happen but the core requirements to get the extra damage for all the party's/raid's self sufficient melee is to be at least Favored Soul (FvS) level 3/4 (preferably FvS 12+) and be in Epic Destiny: Exalted Angel (ED:EA) to accomplish this for the party/raid from a single character. The following are the core needed abilities with their level requirements:
    • - Exalted Angel Tier 4's 'Blood & Radiance' & 'Rebuke Foe' (Any class level 20+): Rebuke Foe: Increases Light & Physical damage by up to 25% on bosses; Note: One day if/when we can twist both Tier 4's you could maybe do this from another Epic Destiny though I am not sure you would want to in lieu of other options...
    • - Warpriest Tier 2 Smite weakness (needs FvSoC level 2): Vulnerable stacks Increases all damage by 20% on bosses;
    • - Angel of Vengeance (AoV) core 2 Shield of Condemnation (needs FvS level 3): Reduces Fort by up to 50% on bosses;
    • - AoV core 2 Shield of Condemnation (SoC): Also increases Light & Alignment damage by up to 50% on bosses;
    • - AoV Tier 4 Crown of Retribution (needs FvS level 4): To transfer your SoC to a tank or the player who should have the highest agro; If you are a tank build then you may not need this if you can keep agro yourself;
    • -AoV core 4 Summon Archon (needs FvS level 12): Technically you may not need the Archon as you can accumulate 5 Endless Ardor stacks to Rebuke Foe by multiple light spells (like Avenging Light every 3 secs for 3sp or Searing Light every 3 seconds for 8 mana or Divine Punishment ticks every 2 seconds) but the Archon is the easiest and most mana efficient way to accumulate Endless Ardor for Rebuke Foe. Being able to generate excess Endless Ardor is great as Endless Ardor also powers the ED:EA Tier 6 Divine Wrath...
    If you are TWF upfront with the self-sufficient-melee and also spec'ed into WarPriest's Ameliorating Strike (AS) AoE heal & are in the ED:EA those around you should get a lot of cheap healing while you are having lots of fun... Between dual-proc TWF AS every 15 seconds and the ED:EA's Divine Wrath AoE Heals upto every 15 seconds the self-sufficient melee in the party up front should not need to ever stop their DPS to do self-sufficient heals (I am not sure how to quantify how much DPS increase that would be). Between dual-proc AoE Ameliorating Strikes & Exalted Angel's Divine Wrath AoE heals you may not even need to have AoE Mass Heal but many of these +100%/50% damage builds can have Mass Heals also (in addition to Mass Cures). Update: Note that both Rebuke-Foe & Divine-Wrath need Endless-Ardor charges to be cast and Endless-Ardor is generated from light based spells. A great tip from Sir Valentine in the discussion posts below is that if you are up with the melee and cast Divine Wrath on the Boss, you generate charges from both the hit/damage on the boss and the hit/heals on the players which is great as you should have enough charges to immediately cast Rebuke-Foe after Divine-Wrath in this scenario!
    With the above in mind the party/raid should see at least the following:
    • -Everyone in the raid gets up to +20% damage on the boss regardless of source/type;
    • -All melee & ranged physical damage should see up to +45% damage;
    • -All TWF melee properly wielding dual Celestia should see up to +95% light damage from their melee damage;
    • -All light based casters (likely the person running the build) should see +95% on Light damage;
    • -The boss should lose up to 50% fortification giving everyone up to +X% damage from crits & sneak attacks (not sure how to quantify);
    • -All self-sufficient melee shouldn't need to stop DPS to heal themselves gaining up to Y% damage (not sure how to quantify);
    In summary, I am going to (conservatively?) assume X+Y= at least 5% giving upto 100%+ damage for TWF melees properly dual weilding Celestia and up to 50%+ damage for the other melee & ranged folks physical damage and 20% for others… You and fellow light weilders should get upto +95% damage from your light spells...
    Note: The above conservative calculations assume these percentages are being applied additively and then multiplied... If these are actually being applied multiplicatively then these boons may be much higher... This would be in addition to the likely under-estimates on the DPS benefits of upto 50% Fortification reduction on the Boss and self-sufficent Melee not having to lose DPS to self heal (as I suspect both of those add up to more than 5%)...
    People can come up with their own builds using the above parameters but in the meantime I will post the ones that I have come up with thus far as soon as possible. With that in mind I will try to reserve a few more posts so I can add them later…
    Last edited by Nodoze; 01-07-2014 at 01:38 PM.

Default my current plus100/50 damage FvS build used leveling to 28 and grinding fate points

The following is my current build that is leveled to 24 (with banked XP to 25 approaching 26).
    The character is a True Neutral Purple Dragon Knight (PDK) level 20 Favored Soul (FvS) and is my favorite zerger for grinding Epic Destinies to date. When not grinding Fate Points the character is in Exalted Angel but has wings regardless of ED and is fun all the time... I love duoing this FvS with my 12F/6M/2P in Air Stance with 'Running with the Wind' twisted for fun... Sometimes this build is doing too much AoE damage I have agro problems so I sometimes sub in my Tank instead of the 12F/6M/2P for boss fights to control agro and between the Diplomacy on the FvS and the Intimidation on the Tank agro is pretty manageable. Note: I have multiple accounts and usually leave at least 2 people at the entrance to level multiple characters at the same time and more chest loots and prefer to play the 12F/6M/2P for the speed/DPS unless a Tank is better for a particular fight. I do this when solo or in small groups (I often duo or 3-6man with my kids &/or friends) and if we ever get over-zealous and pull to much (or get sloppy) it is nice to have a tank/rezzer in reserve to reconstitute the party...
    The details of the build are below but the highlights are as follows:
    - AoV Condemnation: Reduces Fort upto 50% on bosses;
    - AoV Condemnation: Increases Light & Alignment damage upto 50% on bosses;
    - Warpriest Vulnerable: Increases all damage upto 20% on bosses;
    - Exalted Angel Rebuke Foe: Increases Light & Physical damage upto 25% on bosses;
    -PDK max Charisma for if/when I eventually LR+2 the FvS20 to splash at least Paladin2 for Divine Grace to saves.
    -PDK max Charisma for higher DCs with ED abilities and more FvS mana;
    -PDK max Charisma for max UMD utility and max Diplomacy as with all the AoE the build can get unwanted agro.
    -PDK max Charisma to use Charisma to hit/damage with swords via PDK 'Cormyrean Knight Training'. Not going to do the DPS of a strength build but should be able to hit stuff and I can get up to 100% damage with melee for now;
    -Two-Weapon-Fighting (TWF) so I can dual wield Celestia (I UMD master's touch for short-swords) and being Neutral I still break all DR even with Exalted Angel's Blessed Blades and get upto +100% melee damage as Celestia when properly wielded deals light damage;
    -Max Healing & Light/Fire/Force-Physical spell damage for fun/synergy and can get upto +95% damage with light spells;
    -TWF Ameliorating Strike for great mana free AoE healing;
    - Divine Vessel' from Warpriest for mana free AoE Light/Fire damage as often as every 25 seconds (jury is still out on this as it seems to take forever to charge but is nice when it fires and it can do +95%/20% on bosses);
    - Divine Wrath every 15 seconds for big AoE heal & huge light AOE (upto +95% damage on bosses);
    - Mana-free AoE-line Sunbolt every 9 seconds (upto +95% on bosses);
    - Single target damage from Avenging Light, Searing Light, & Nimbus of Light (all upto +95% on bosses);
    - Twisted Energy Burst: Fire for big fire AoE Explosion every 30 seconds (upto +20% on bosses);
    -Twisted Boulder Toss for large mana-free single target physical damage every 20 seconds (upto +45% bosses);
    -Twisted Wild shots for large mana-free single/multiple target physical damage every 15 seconds (upto +45% bosses);
    -Can Blur and Haste the party without any Arcanes.
    Note: While the above is one of my funnest builds to-date I doubt it is Epic Elite viable... To go Epic Elite I would switch to LG 18FvS/2Paladin PDK which would still give most of the above plus awesome saves but sadly you would lose the mana-free sun-bolt and breaking DR on everything if you stay with Celestias in Exalted Angel (because being LG ED:EA's Blessed Blades will add LG to Celestia and Celestia will no longer break all DR unless you always have an artificer around)...
    Fun Playstyle (EH & below): Refresh Haste on party and ideally let someone wade into combat with you coming after (my 12F/6M/2P wades in then shadow-fades). While they focus Agro on the other target you refresh Divine Intervention on yourself if needed & come in hot (use wings if necessary) and:
    - Cast Renewal on yourself as you wade in to proactively HoT any incoming damage and refresh during combat if/as needed;
    - Pop Energy Burst AoE on everything & get your Archon to start firing building up charges;
    - Pick the farthest target and try to line up as many enemies as you can in your AoE-line mana-free SunBolt;
    - Wild shot as many as you can mana-free;
    - Boulder-Toss biggest threat or casters/ranged still standing (if anyone);
    - If anyone in party needs healing pop dual-proc Ameliorating Strike (80%) for mana-free healing & renewal/heal if critical;
    - Pop Diplomacy if you have too much Agro and/or incoming damage for renewal to out-pace;
    - Start swinging dual Celestia until you get a sun Burst to hopefully blind Everyone and build up Divine-Vessel charges.
    - If Divine Vessel doesn't have enough charges to auto-proc and Divine Wrath does then manually fire Divine Wrath (especially if others need healing).
    If things are still alive, while waiting for the above cool-downs to recharge, alternate between melee and spamming cheap light spells (meta'ed-Avenging Light & non-meta'ed-Searing-Light to do DPS & to build charges for Divine-Wrath)
    - In later levels try out Ruin and Hell-Ball and if they don't bring much to the table then choose something else (maybe more light spell power?).
    - If things are hot or dangerous and/or the party needs healing do a quickened-Mass-Heal;
    - Rinse/repeat;
    On bosses obvious play more cautiously and try to do the following:
    - Make sure you refresh Divine Intervention on yourself well before it runs out and cast Renewal on yourself every 8 seconds or so (refresh a little early to be safe); If your AoE heals are not enough you can actually keep both on the tank as well if you hot key and can multi-task well (I prefer to supplement with quickened Mass-Heals or Mass-Cures if really needed instead).
    - Make sure you have transferred your SoC to someone in the party who can keep agro (use diplomacy if/as needed to transfer agro away) to build up x5 stacks of Condemnation;
    - start building triple stacks of Divine Punishment on boss;
    - Rebuke Boss x5 stacks;
    - Melee smite to AS heal everyone and build up stacks of Vulnerable;
    - With excess charges do Divine Wrath to AoE heal everyone;
    - Blow your cooldowns as you can while not messing up the above;
    - Swing your Celestias while examine'ing the Boss to make sure your stacks are maxed (I like to set auto-attack on to help). Cast Mass-Heals or Mass-Cures if red-bars are dropping too fast for dual-proc'ed AS and Divine-Wrath to keep high...
    - While/when things are established pop Ascendance to assume Angelic Presence and make sure Astral Vibrance is toggled to further supplement AoE healing and do more AoE light damage;
    - If things go south you have your Divine Intervention to fall back on;
    - If things go further south you have the free rez from Death Pact to fall back on;
    - If things go further south you also likely have "Reborn in the Light" to fall back on; You build up charges very fast but you can skip the pre-boss shrine and pop a mana potion instead if you want to insure it will be ready if needed. If Ascendance has finished and the boss is still not down you can try to purposefully die and pop this (I don't really do that but may try it for fun).
    All and in all very fun and forgiving build…
    The details on the Epic Hard and below build (I will post my thoughts on an EE version next):
    Note: The newly updated Character Planner is awesome but very complex and understandably still has some bugs… It wouldn't let me change initial class on a PDK (I LR+1'ed to be a pure FvS to get the mana-free Sun-Bolt) so this is planner is with Human. Instead of the human APs spent take PDK core 0 and the PDK 'Cormyrean Knight Training'. Also as Human I tried to take '(Deity) Follower of the Silver Flame' and then the FvS AoV 'Ascendancy/Light of the Flame' for the mana-free 'Searing Light' to approximate the PDK Deity & mana-free Sun-Bolt but the Character Planner would not let me so I threw the 41st point into inquisition because I could not spend it on Ascendancy. Otherwise I think it is accurate and is what I have been running with lately but it is easy to respec as needed...
    Lastly, note also that the tomes and being a 36 point build are mostly optional. The hard thing for TWF is that you need a Dex of 15 for the first TWF feat and a Dex of 17 for the next two TWF feats. If you don't have 36 points or don't have the Dex tome the main thing would be to make sure your Dex is 15 and then 17 before taking the TWF feats. You could cost effectively start at 15 or even 16 Dex and then use a level up to make it 17 Dex and not use a tome at all and not hurt the build too much. I also like skills so my int is higher that other people may recommend but I wanted all the skills maxed that I maxed...
    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.03
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Plus 100%/50% Damage PDK FvS build for Epic Hard and below
    Level 28 True Neutral Human Female
    (20 Favored Soul \ 8 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 435
    Spell Points: 2935 
    BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
    Fortitude: 17
    Reflex: 15
    Will: 13

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (36 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 28)
    Strength              8                    13
    Dexterity            12                    17
    Constitution         16                    21
    Intelligence         14                    19
    Wisdom                8                    13
    Charisma             18                    34

Tomes Used
    +1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Constitution used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 3
    +1 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
    +2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
    +3 Tome of Strength used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Constitution used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 11
    +3 Tome of Charisma used at level 11
    +4 Tome of Strength used at level 15
    +4 Tome of Dexterity used at level 15
    +4 Tome of Constitution used at level 15
    +4 Tome of Intelligence used at level 15
    +4 Tome of Wisdom used at level 15
    +4 Tome of Charisma used at level 15
    +5 Tome of Strength used at level 19
    +5 Tome of Dexterity used at level 19
    +5 Tome of Constitution used at level 19
    +5 Tome of Intelligence used at level 19
    +5 Tome of Wisdom used at level 19
    +5 Tome of Charisma used at level 19

Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 28)
    Balance               1                    19
    Bluff                 4                    20
    Concentration         7                    37
    Diplomacy             6                    43
    Disable Device        n/a                  n/a
    Haggle                4                    20
    Heal                  3                    32
    Hide                  1                    11
    Intimidate            4                    21
    Jump                 -1                    10
    Listen               -1                     9
    Move Silently         1                    11
    Open Lock             n/a                  n/a
    Perform               n/a                  n/a
    Repair                2                    12
    Search                2                    12
    Spellcraft            6                    35
    Spot                 -1                     9
    Swim                 -1                     9
    Tumble                2                    12
    Use Magic Device      6                    31

Level 1 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Concentration (+4)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+2)
    Skill: Heal (+4)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+4)
    Skill: Tumble (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+2)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell
    Feat: (Deity) Follower of the Silver Flame
    Feat: (Human Bonus) Maximize Spell
    Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Paladin
    Feat: (Automatic) Attack
    Feat: (Automatic) Heroic Durability
    Feat: (Automatic) Light Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Magical Training
    Feat: (Automatic) Medium Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Shield Proficiency (General)
    Feat: (Automatic) Simple Weapon Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Sneak

Level 2 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Concentration (+1)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
    Skill: Use Magic Device (+0.5)
    Feat: (Automatic) Defensive Fighting
    Feat: (Automatic) Sunder
    Feat: (Automatic) Trip

Level 3 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Spell
    Feat: (Automatic) Child of the Silver Flame

Level 4 (Favored Soul)
    Ability Raise: CHA

Level 5 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Cold
    Feat: (Automatic) Improved Heroic Durability

Level 6 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell
    Feat: (Automatic) Silver Flame Exorcism

Level 7 (Favored Soul)

Level 8 (Favored Soul)

Level 9 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness

Level 10 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Balance (+0.5)
    Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Fire

Level 11 (Favored Soul)

Level 12 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Selected) Two Weapon Fighting
    Feat: (Automatic) Beloved of the Silver Flame

Level 13 (Favored Soul)

Level 14 (Favored Soul)

Level 15 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Electricity
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Mental Toughness

Level 16 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Balance (+1)

Level 17 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Automatic) Leap Of Faith

Level 18 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell

Level 19 (Favored Soul)

Level 20 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Jump (+1)
    Feat: (Deity) Favored Soul Damage Reduction: Silver

Level 21 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting

Level 27 (Epic)
    Feat: (Selected) Epic: Ruin

Level 28 (Epic)
    Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Hellball
    Enhancement: Human - Human Versatility: Damage Boost (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Don't Count Me Out (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Don't Count Me Out (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Font of Power (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Shield of Condemnation (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Aura of Menace (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Summon Archon (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Vengeful Magic (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Scourge (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Scourge (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Scourge (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Smiting (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Inquisition (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Just Reward (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Just Reward (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Just Reward (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Efficient Maximize (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Efficient Maximize (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Efficient Maximize (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Wand and Scroll Mastery (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Wand and Scroll Mastery (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Wand and Scroll Mastery (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Charisma (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Crown of Retribution (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Intense Faith (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Intense Faith (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Intense Faith (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Smite Foe (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Resilience of Battle (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Sanctuary (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - War Domain: Blur (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - War Domain: Haste (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Sacred Touch (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Sacred Touch (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Sacred Touch (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Smite Weakness (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame: Saving Throws (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame: Saving Throws (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame: Saving Throws (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame: Energy Absorption (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame: Energy Absorption (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame: Energy Absorption (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Charisma (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Ameliorating Strike (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Vessel (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Vessel (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Vessel (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Intervention (Rank 1)
    Last edited by Nodoze; 01-07-2014 at 11:26 AM.

Default level 28 version to LR into go into EE with a party/Raid and bring +100%/50% damage…

This is very similar to my previous build except I would do an alignment change to Lawful Good (LG) and do a LR+2 to change two of the levels to Paladin for the higher saves. Likely other and maybe better options but once you go below 18th level you lose access to Mass Heal and Energy Drain so I would try this first. If survivability ends up being an issue I personally would look at adding constitution &/or toughness first before trying to add in other splashes/splits as I like the whole light theme and would try not to water it down further.
    Unfortunately unless I always have an Artificer in the party my dual Celestia are no longer optimal. Even if an Arty isn't around, if they are still getting past DR to do some damage and get the AS procs then maybe stay with them but likely other options are better...
    After playing the original build to 25 and considering what changes were needed to take it into EE, one idea that I had in mind was to be Half-Elf and go Strength/Con/Charisma and TWF Scimitars with the Righteous Weapons bonuses and Diety spell casting implement bonuses.
    I will try to post a Half-Elf (HE) version in the next post but for now the following are the details for my rough initial thoughts on changes desired for making "my +100%/50% damage Epic Hard build" viable for EE/Raids (added more constituion & heal-amp and much higher saves):

Code:

Plus 100%/50% Damage PDK transitioning to EE 
    Level 28 Lawful Good Human Female
    (2 Paladin \ 18 Favored Soul \ 8 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 439
    Spell Points: 2915 
    Fortitude: 32
    Reflex: 27
    Will: 25

Strength              8                    13
    Charisma             18                    34

Tomes Used

Bluff                 4                    20
    Concentration         7                    36
    Diplomacy             6                    43
    Haggle                4                    20
    Intimidate            4                    20
    Jump                 -1                     9.5
    Spellcraft            6                    34
    Swim                 -1                     9
    Use Magic Device      6                    31

Level 1 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Concentration (+4)
    Feat: (Deity) Follower of the Silver Flame
    Feat: (Human Bonus) Maximize Spell

Level 2 (Favored Soul)

Level 3 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Automatic) Child of the Silver Flame

Level 4 (Favored Soul)

Level 5 (Favored Soul)

Level 6 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Automatic) Silver Flame Exorcism

Level 7 (Favored Soul)

Level 8 (Favored Soul)

Level 9 (Favored Soul)

Level 10 (Favored Soul)

Level 11 (Favored Soul)

Level 12 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Automatic) Beloved of the Silver Flame

Level 13 (Favored Soul)

Level 14 (Favored Soul)

Level 15 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Electricity

Level 16 (Favored Soul)

Level 17 (Favored Soul)

Level 18 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell

Level 19 (Paladin)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+0.5)
    Feat: (Automatic) Aura of Good
    Feat: (Automatic) Heavy Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Martial Weapon Proficiency (ALL)
    Feat: (Automatic) Smite Evil

Level 20 (Paladin)
    Skill: Jump (+0.5)
    Feat: (Automatic) Divine Grace
    Feat: (Automatic) Lay on Hands

Level 21 (Epic)

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)

Level 27 (Epic)

Level 28 (Epic)
    Enhancement: Human - Human Versatility: Damage Boost (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Human Adaptability: Charisma (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Human Versatility: Skill Boost (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Charisma (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Charisma (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Charisma (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Human - Improved Recovery (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Don't Count Me Out (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Constitution (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Constitution (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Human - Action Surge: Constitution (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Human - Improved Recovery (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Intense Faith (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame: Energy Absorption (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame: Energy Absorption (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame: Energy Absorption (Rank 3)
    Last edited by Nodoze; 01-07-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Default level 28 EE Half-Elf Strength/Con/Cha with dual Frostbite Blades

After playing the original build to 25 and considering what changes were needed to take it into EE, one idea that I had in hind-sight was instead of being PDK Charisma based I would try to go Half-Elf and go Strength/Con/Charisma and TWF Scimitars with the Deity Righteous Weapons bonuses and Deity spell casting implement bonuses. To try to keep with the +100%/50% damage theme I would single or dual wield Frostbite Blades as they would make it super easy to get/keep 20 stacks of Vulnerable. Regardless of what my other gear provides to spell power I could also leverage the dual Frostbite Blades's 4 red slots to make sure I have:

- max 'Positive/Healing' Spell power and;
    - max 'Light/Alignment' Spell power and;
    - max 'Force/Untyped' Spell power and;
    - max 'Fire' Spell power;

Beside Deity Racial benefits, if HE with Paladin Dilettante gives decent enough saves then I maybe would not have to do the Paladin-2 splash and could maybe splash Rogue-2 for Evasion and max ranks of UMD (would maybe prefer Monk but can't see how to be centered unless I switch to shortswords or longswords or monk-weapons & figured the bonuses for Deity weapons and theme benefits were better). In any case both Feats & APs are tight with AP deviations lessening the light/fire AoE damage/healing theme so I am unsure about the "best" HE approach... For those that aren't familiar with the new Frostbite Blades which would become +12 to_hit/damage & perfect for a +100%/50% damage HE build I would review it here:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Frostbi...%28Level_28%29
    After Vulnerables stacks are maxed at 20 the build could swap one or more Frostbites to other TWF weapons to increase DPS (ideally other Scimitars for the spell implement bonues, extra +5/+5, & extra +3d4*1.95 light on hits for 6 secs after vorpal'ing with either TWF weapon)
    Note: With the above in mind I started multipe Character Planners for a HE with Paladin Dilettante including a FvS-18/Monk-2 build and while I think it still has Evasion I can't get it centered with racial/deity Scimitars (I originally put a point into ninja for shortswords and also tried Longswords but didn't like losing the APs/feats/Deity bonuses) so, assuming saves are high enough, likely I would do Rogue 2 with Evasion and max UMD or even Fighter-2 with stunning-blow or just more DPS feats instead of Monk with Scimitars (still thinking of options)...

Since I am not happy yet with any of Paladin-Dilettante X2 splashes (and am out of time to redo skill points for Rogue) I am only posting a conservative with High Saves HE 18FvS/2Paladin variant (Dilettante not matter that much) for now. My gut at this point is the most optimal from a melee standpoint may actually be a TN HE variant with Celestias and only using Frostbite to quickly max stacks forgoing the diety/racial stuff...

Code:

Plus 100%/50% Damage Half-Elf FvS18/Paladin2 with dual Scimitars (+12 Frostbite Blades) 
    Level 28 Lawful Good Half-Elf Female
    (2 Paladin \ 18 Favored Soul \ 8 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 424
    Spell Points: 2705 
    Fortitude: 24
    Reflex: 19
    Will: 17

Strength             16                    29
    Charisma             14                    19

Tomes Used

Bluff                 2                    12
    Concentration         5                    36
    Diplomacy             2                    12
    Haggle                2                    12
    Intimidate            2                    12
    Jump                  3                    18
    Spellcraft            6                    34
    Swim                  3                    17
    Use Magic Device      4                    23

Level 1 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Concentration (+2)
    Feat: (Deity) Follower of the Sovereign Host
    Feat: (Half-Elf Dilettante) Half-Elf Dilettante: Artificer
    Feat: (Automatic) Half-Elven Keen Senses
    Feat: (Automatic) Half-Elven Mixed Heritage
    Feat: (Automatic) Half-Elven Social Graces (ALL)
    Feat: (Automatic) Immunity to Sleep

Level 2 (Favored Soul)

Level 3 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Automatic) Child of the Sovereign Host

Level 4 (Favored Soul)
    Ability Raise: STR

Level 5 (Favored Soul)

Level 6 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Automatic) Unyielding Sovereignty

Level 7 (Favored Soul)

Level 8 (Favored Soul)

Level 9 (Favored Soul)

Level 10 (Favored Soul)

Level 11 (Favored Soul)

Level 12 (Paladin)
    Feat: (Automatic) Aura of Good
    Feat: (Automatic) Heavy Armor Proficiency
    Feat: (Automatic) Martial Weapon Proficiency (ALL)
    Feat: (Automatic) Smite Evil

Level 13 (Paladin)
    Feat: (Automatic) Divine Grace
    Feat: (Automatic) Evasion
    Feat: (Automatic) Lay on Hands
    Feat: (Automatic) Meditation

Level 14 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Automatic) Beloved of the Sovereign Host

Level 15 (Favored Soul)

Level 16 (Favored Soul)

Level 17 (Favored Soul)

Level 18 (Favored Soul)
    Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell

Level 19 (Favored Soul)

Level 20 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Jump (+1)

Level 21 (Epic)

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)

Level 27 (Epic)

Level 28 (Epic)
    Enhancement: Half-Elf - Half-Elven Versatile Nature (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Half-Elf - Human Adaptability: Strength (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Half-Elf - Human Versatility: Damage Boost (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Half-Elf - Improved Dilettante (Paladin) (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Half-Elf - Improved Recovery (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Half-Elf - Improved Dilettante (Paladin) (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Articles of Faith (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Might (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Might (Rank 2)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Might (Rank 3)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Righteous Weapons (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Power (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wrathful Weapons (Rank 1)
    Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Intervention (Rank 1)
    Last edited by Nodoze; 01-09-2014 at 12:31 PM.

Default Heavy Melee Varients ?

Reserved for anyone's ideas on an level 28 more true melee version with just a FvS splash that can still give the Party/Raid +100%/50% damage…

EDIT: This is harder than I thought. Assuming you don't want to have the aggro and need to give the crown to someone else, you have to at least have FvS level 4 for SoC. My initial approach was to try to build around TWF and get as many feats and such for free to I went Ranger on the melee to at least 12 Ranger meaning I need at least 12R/4Fvs leaving 4 levels left to play with. I then figured I might as well have high saves to leverage the Ranger Evasion and went 12R/2P/6Fvs (figured best to put the remaining levels into FvS for 3rd level spells and more mana...

After that I tried to allocate APs to Enhancments and they are really tight:

- Angel of Vengeance: 22AP minimum to get the Crown of Retribution to be able to transfer it;
    - Warpriest: 22AP minimum if you want AS and want to be able to apply Vulnerable stacks with any weapon. Technically you only need to spend 7 AP in Warpriest to get smite weakness (or zero if you are using Frostbite Blade(s)) but AS would be sad to pass.
    - Tempest: 33AP if you want to leverage Evasion and Evasive Dance...

That only leaves 3 AP left so I just dumped that into Conjuring arrows for QoL with Manyshot (but maybe devotion would be better)...

Basically not sure it is a build I would want to play... It has so many points allocated in FvS trees that it may make more sense to be more FvS.

Maybe someone else can come up with more viable +100/50 DPS melee combos.

Another option that comes to mind is Monk (especially maybe a light monk) but have not built many monks so feel out of my element trying to go there...

The other problem with any DPS build is doing decent DPS in ED:EA when compared to other ED options...

Maybe if you were a True Neutral Rogue (maybe HE: with Paladin Dilletant?) with dual Celestia and getting +95% on your own melee would allow you to be decent DPS your-self while boosting everyone else ...

If you want a melee to bring +100/50% bonuses to the Raid/Party instead of a Divine/tank build & we don't figure out a way to do good melee DPS in ED:EA then it may be more advisable to wait until we can get enough fate points to twist 2 Tier 4 ED abilities at the same time ...

Choices, choices. Hard puzzle.
    Last edited by Nodoze; 02-03-2014 at 10:46 AM.

Default Tank Varients ?

Reserved for anyone's ideas on an level 28 more tankish version who can maybe go into EE/Raids and take agro to himself (and stay alive) and still give the party/Raid +100%/50% damage…

EDIT: APwise the Tanky version is much more friendly than the DPS version as you only need 3 levels of FvS & 6AP in AoV (because you can keep the SoC and don't need CoR) and only 7 AP in Warpriest for vulnerable (or 0 if you at least periodically use the Frostbite scimitar or another method to apply vulnerable stacks).

That being said I am not sure I would want to Tank in ED:EA so it may also be better to wait on the Tanky Variant until we can have two simultaneous Tier 4 twists... It may be doable at this juncture but likely sub-optimal and instead a Raid/Party would likely benefit from the other 18FvS/2P builds (or other mostly FvS builds) more...

Note to self: When I am able to revisit this and try to either force in into ED and/or when we can do Tier 4 twists, see if I can make this +100% damage tank build a THF feated S&B Bastard sword wielder and get "... 47% base doublestrike once fully kitted out, 72% while B&C is active; so the idea would be to use B&C just before using Smite Foe to max out chance of double-procing Ameliorating Strikes [& hopefully also double-proc Smite Weakness] ..." per the following thread/discussion (credit unbongwah &EllisDee37 for the idea):

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5166323

APs are also tight but I would like to make this work for a +100% damage tank for a raid... From reading the above post it takes at least 33 APs in SD for B&C, 22 APs in WP for Ameliorating Strike, so after 7AP in AoV there would be only 18 for heal-amp or whatever... I normally play Divines & Paladins and would normally go Sacred Defender instead of Stalwart but the extra double strike intrigues me... Going heavy Paladin favors a self healing Tank but maybe it would be better to plan on having a Healer and do max DPS while tanking to be successful as trying to be a self-healing 100% debuffer while doing enough DPS to maintain agro may be trying to do too much. We will have to see whether StD or ScD is better for the role... Maybe do both Tanky variants and contrast/compare...
    Last edited by Nodoze; 02-03-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Default Ranged Varients ?

Reserved for other stuff that people bring up…

So far plan to add a "sorc splash variant that pulls off at least +95%/45% from RANGE instead of melee..." (credit to Vellrad for the idea); Looks like this would require at least Sorcerer 12 with at least 20 APs spent in Air Savant. This would keep you from getting the Archon at 12 FvS but if you spammed many electric/sonic & light spells you may be able to more efficiently build Vulnerable charges out of melee range as well as rebuke foe from a distance. Assuming you used CoR to transfer your SoC to the tank (or melee with agro) then you would have all the bases covered from range from one character.

- Bow Ranged Varient ?: Emptysands in post#65 below brought up that you can apply Vulnerable via T5 AA Improved Elemental Shock Imbues on bow crits with some following debate on how easy it is to keep it maxed considering it only procs on crits (he felt from experience that it was fairly easy);

Still looking for other ideas people have to make any builds/concepts better...
    Last edited by Nodoze; 02-03-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Default Links to Varients in other threads...

Other threads with builds based upon these tactics/strategies:

-Build: The DeBuffer: Maximizes EE Team Boss DPS & AoE Heals (1st life grind-friendly variant): Displacement Dragonmarked Elf Fvs12/Monk6/Paladin2 TWF with multiple debuffer weapons and highly survivable with little or no grinding (50% Conceal, 25% Incorp, 5% Miss, saves, heals, etc).
    Last edited by Nodoze; 02-03-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Community Member

While doing my homework on what I thought the FVS melee/hybrid would be for a +50% dmg build, I pretty much landed on something close to the False Hope Melee build.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ope-Melee-Soul

It is a good build, with a good supporting discussion. I might make a few tweaks, but I would rather that go in that thread to support it.

The other option/idea I'm toying with is to go the other extreme and go all out light offense (no physical, no fire). This would be a 12 FVS/6 Cleric/2 monk. Why the weird split? 12 FVS for archon for easy light charges. 6 cleric gets the light SLAs as well as sunbolt (great spell). 2 Monk adds a lot of defense with good saves, dodge and a little speed increase. This option would give up raid healing. I'm stumped on what race. Elf for displacement would be great, bladeforged would be an option if I swap pally for monk and would let me pick up blade barrier instead of heal. Morninglord gets an extra light SLA. My gut feel is that displacement would help more in EE, but I'm not sure the AP is there to get everything. Divine disciple would need go to teir 4 while AoV would go to Teir 5 to get the extra caster levels... not much left over. ED twists would be to boost saves. I threw together a morninglord test toon as was able to solo elite cry for help while goofing around giant hold. This might have some potential, but it is an all or nothing gamble... The frankensplit would give up everything other than light offense and survival. Tf it can't do EE then NovaSoul is a better build that can also raid heal. Next time Laminia is up, I may test this out.

I did find one interesting bug with just my first run. A level 6 Cleric/9 FVS was casting sun bolt at level 12. I'm not sure if it was using the FVS caster level, or applying the AOV level boost twice.
    Last edited by Ancient; 01-06-2014 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Reserved for an 18 FVS/2 Monk staff melee build.
    Good to see you Ancient as your Nova-Soul threads have frankly been some of my favorites of all time (or at least since 2006) as they have helped me keep my static party first life 28point cleric fun to play (never FR but did LR into 32 point at some point). Looking forward to your 18FvS/2M and especially interested to see how you flesh out +100/50% damage for the Raid/party with monk weapons (Staff or otherwise). Personally just not a monk guy as I haven't been able to mentally get into un-armed fighting &/or wearing PJs. I have one Monk high-enough with Abundant Leap and GMoF but just didn't like it very much so now I just use him to farm coins. Glad now the Enhancements pass allow the advanced stances as feats as I really like the some of the newer builds viable with 6M or even 2M splashes. I love my 12Kensei/6Monk/2Paladin centered with a THF GreatAxe or GreatSword and though Earth stance is more survivable for EE I typically do EH and love running in AirStance with 'Running with the Wind' Twisted (I love the speed more than more DPS on EH and while leveling/grinding). I think being able to wear the cosmetic BladeForged Frames and through Kensei focus being able to wield big THF weapons is the difference as really I am a PnP Paladin player at heart and with the P2 splash and Armor look and big THF weapon I feel more at home...

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how you do it with good saves (HE?) and fitting in Monk stances as the feats are fairly tight. To pull off +100/50% debuffs for the party/raid the Mental Toughness feats aren't critical (pun intended) to the builds but do add mana synergy and DPS/heals with extra crits. Also TWF Ameliorating Strikes, while neat, also aren't essential for the +100/50% debuffs though without sufficient AoE healing the self-sufficent melee around you will need to periodically stop to self-heal so you may drop back to +95/45% if you don't have enough healing (but maybe light-monk could add other healing instead if you don't need M3 ?). If it were me I was going to still try to stay TWF with Monk Kama or Ninja Short-Swords as that would still dual-proc AS could maybe give up to 4 redish Augment slots for max Spell Power if needed. I also looked into remaining centered using longswords (maybe dual Tinah?) but with Whirling Steel Strike also needing Weapon Focus: Slashing you burn 2 feats and focused instead on the other builds I put together... A Dex based Ninja Shortsword build could help make a HE Paladin Dilettante's Evasion more viable since you need 17 Dex to pull off the TWF feats anyway (or just drop them) obviously sacrificing some DPS verses Strength but the build is more about de-buffing for the true melee in your party and you having a good excuse to be up there having fun also instead of in the back healing...

Anyway choices, choices, choices resulting in a fun jigsaw puzzle to put together. Very interested in your take and how you solve it! Feel free to reserve other slots for other ideas or variants.

Thanks again for adding a build and it would be great for others to reserve spots as well and post builds !
    Last edited by Nodoze; 01-06-2014 at 08:09 AM.

Electric sorcerer got the same vulnerability as warpriest.
    It'd be faster and/or easier to keep this single debuff stacked with sorc splash, as smite foe got 15sec cooldown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Electric sorcerer got the same vulnerability as warpriest.
    It'd be faster and/or easier to keep this single debuff stacked with sorc splash, as smite foe got 15sec cooldown.
    Very good to know (the closest I get to Arcanes are Artificers or less deep splashes). My 18wiz/2rogue has been shelved since way back when firewalls were nerfed and CC DCs couldn't be kept up without multiple past lives.

It does bring up the point that a Raid could also use the teamwork of 2+ characters to get the +100%/50% damage boosts (debuffs) but my idea was to bring it all the the Raid/Party from one character (via multiple builds based upon the framework). I think I also read recently that they nerfed TWF Vulnerables to only stack from the main hand. Thankfully that nerf can be compensated by wielding 1 or more Frostbite Blades (and having 2 red augment slots helps the build max all the various spell powers).

One advantage of your Sorc splash idea is that you may be able to do the +95%/45% damage de-buffs for the guild Party/Raid at range. I say +95/45 instead of +100/50 because I suspect that you will not be providing enough AoE healing to keep the Party's/Raid's up-front self-sufficient Melee from needing to heal themselves. Even though it would only be +95/45, being at range may be better for some fight scenarios as I was/am concerned that at EE even with all the fall backs the builds may be a little too squishy up front without heavy investments in Con/toughness or deeper splashes for other mitigation (ranged may also be better for up-front mana-drain scenarios also).

If no one posts a build with a sorc splash variant that pulls off at least +95%/45% I may try to put one together even though my knowledge of Arcanes is lacking...
    Last edited by Nodoze; 01-07-2014 at 06:26 AM.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoze View Post
    the ED:EA's Divine Wrath AoE Heals upto every 15 seconds (after you have made sure to refresh Rebuke Foe it may be less frequent)
    May I suggest using Divine Wrath first? Doing so with a bunch of friendlies in range will instantly give you back a big stack of charges, allowing you to refresh Rebuke immediately afterwards without waiting. That will let you keep your Rebuke stack at max, and still use Divine Wrath pretty much every time it's cooled down. Doing it the other way will take longer for the charges to stack up in-between, resulting in less uses of Divine Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    May I suggest using Divine Wrath first? Doing so with a bunch of friendlies in range will instantly give you back a big stack of charges, allowing you to refresh Rebuke immediately afterwards without waiting. That will let you keep your Rebuke stack at max, and still use Divine Wrath pretty much every time it's cooled down. Doing it the other way will take longer for the charges to stack up in-between, resulting in less uses of Divine Wrath.
    Thanks and +1 for you!

Interestingly I think you may be BOTH right and wrong at the same time...

EDIT: Update. After testing I confirmed Sir Valentine is 100% correct and I was wrong below as Divine-Wrath does indeed get the proper Endless-Ardor charges for both Rebuke-Foe and Divine-Wrath for all targets in the AoE effect regardless of whether they are Enemies affected by Light or Players/Higherlings/dogs/wolfs affected by the Healing (see post #19 below for testing approach/details). As Ancient explains in post #21, "The behavior is accurate to the description. It doesn't say light based damage spell, it just says light based spell." The coding for that may be the same reason why Excoriate can stun players when you heal them via Divine Wrath so if both are WAI it is kinda screwy and dangerous to stun people when you heal them so don't take both Excoriate and Divine Wrath... This is a huge boon to the play style and means a bunch of DPS on a boss is the perfect setup to cast Divine Wrath on and then rebuke... Thanks for the huge tip and I will update the posts at the top!

EDIT: Note: I am also leaving the below logical but incorrect discussion as I think many people make the same assumptions that I did reading the spells and it takes awhile to realize that even though it is healing the source is tagged as a light based spell... If you run solo like I do you may not easily pick this up as you are only generating 1 charge yourself. Most everything after this sentence in this post, while logical, is incorrect:

In summary I think you are right that in most cases after your Rebuke Foes are fully stacked you should cast Divine Wrath first when off-cool-down and then refresh Rebuke Foe when needed (they decay 1 per 30 seconds). The reason I say you may be wrong is that I think it is actually the number of enemies (not friendlies) in the Divine-Wrath AoE that give you proper type of charges to recast either Rebuke-Foe or Divine-Wrath... That being said, assuming you are targeting the Boss and only the boss and DPS players are in range, I think that a 12+FvS with Archon & Divine Punishment going should be building the charges fast enough and your way would be more efficient resulting in more Divine Wraths while keeping Rebuke refreshed (but maybe not for a light FvS splash trying to do the same thing).

In detail (warning another Wall-of-Text coming) it is confusing for me to think through but the details per the wiki and my rethinking past fights match and the mechanics should be as follows:

After you build your 5 Rebuke Foe stacks as fast as you can (the recast cooldown is only 3 seconds if you have the charges) the decay is only 1 per 30 seconds so it frankly isn't as tight as I was thinking when typing up the original post... That being said some of these counters are buggy once it starts counting down so I will need to do more testing to know if letting even just one stack expire is a problem.

My original thought process was that the build's primary purpose was to give the other 11 people in the Raid +100%/50% so I wanted to emphasize that you need to make sure Rebuke stacks are taken care of first. This is because 6-12 people getting a boost is way more important that you maximizing Divine Wrath (unless you are under-healing and people go down) but you are right that in some situations casting Divine Wrath immediately results in 10 more charges and you would be able to instantly recast were it not for the cool-down.

If memory serves me correctly (and I double checked against the wiki) you have the following situations depending on how many targets of which type is in the Divine Wrath AoE:

- Multiple [trash] mobs (maybe also a boss) in AoE: Each mob affected by the light damage gives you 1 Endless-Ardor charge and you need 10-Endless-Ardor for Divine Wrath and at least 5 for Rebuke foe (and rebuking clears the stack). With that in mind, yes, if your AoE has at least 5 enemies in it then Divine-Wrath first and then rebuke would always be better...
    - Only enemy in the AoE is the Boss: Casting Divine Wrath will only give you 1 Endless-Ardor so you will need to build up 4 more charges to cast Rebuke... If you are a 12+ FvS with an Archon and stacking Divine Punishment these should build very fast so likely still the right course... Assuming the Rebuke stacks aren't buggy losing 1 stack for a second or so isn't that big of a deal. However on FvS splashes trying to give 100%/50% via pew/pew of cheap light spells (like Avenging Light) maybe not a good approach...
    - One or more Party members in AoE: Each one of them healed may give you 1 Righteous-Fervor. After you have Righteous-Fervor >= 5 you can passively stun targets periodically but I heard that it is bugged and is also stunning party members in the AoE so I don't use it. You could also use your full stack of 10 charges to the use Stike-down melee smite but personally I don't use that either for the following reasons:
    • - I honestly have too much going on already and no more hot-keys available for another button smash;
    • - Using Strike-Down would clear my Righteous-Fervor stack and I would prefer the +30 Light Spell power.
    • - I like having 'Reborn in the Light' as my fail-safe fall-back and between it and Divine-Wrath all my Tier 6 points are spent...
    • - With the above in mind I pretty much ignore Righteous-Fervor stacks and just hope my continuous renewal on myself & AoE Healing keep it maxed for the +30 Light Spell Power.

I will try to find a portal to go beat on in a controlled environment to verify 100% but I think the above is true. I will try to verify the cool-downs and whether the rebuke counter is buggy (some keep counting down after you lose 1 stack regardless of what you do).

Thanks again for taking the time to read and reply and that was in interesting reply on a convoluted mechanic to re-think through to try to verify my gut on it (I like the mental gymnastics ;-)... Would love to have more feedback and anything to improve the approach...
    Last edited by Nodoze; 01-07-2014 at 06:57 AM.

2014 DDO Players Council

[B]
    Interestingly I think you may be BOTH right and wrong at the same time...
    Possibly. I'm not currently in Epic levels, so I can't re-test it.

[B]
    I think it is actually the number of enemies (not friendlies) in the Divine-Wrath AoE that give you proper type of charges to recast either Rebuke-Foe or Divine-Wrath...
    That would be reasonable, but if I'm remembering correctly, that's not how it actually works.

[B]
    If memory serves me correctly (and I double checked against the wiki) you have the following situations depending on how many targets of which type is in the Divine Wrath AoE:
    <snip>
    - One or more Party members in AoE: Each one of them healed may give you 1 Righteous-Fervor. After you have Righteous-Fervor >= 5 you can passively stun targets periodically
    Again, reasonable expectation, but I don't think that was what I was seeing a few months back.

I think the case is that Divine Wrath as a whole is tagged as a "Light" spell, and each proc, whether on friend or foe, counts as such, rather than each proc individually being tagged as "Light" or "Positive".

I guess the only way to be sure I'm not mis-remembering or that it hasn't changed is to test it. If you do so, let me know; I'll be back to Exalted again in a while here (though I'm not sure how efficient the Rebuke and Wrath stuff will be on a Cleric, without an Archon to easily build up charges).

That would be reasonable, but if I'm remembering correctly, that's not how it actually works.

Again, reasonable expectation, but I don't think that was what I was seeing a few months back.

I think the case is that Divine Wrath as a whole is tagged as a "Light" spell, and each proc, whether on friend or foe, counts as such, rather than each proc individually being tagged as "Light" or "Positive".

I guess the only way to be sure I'm not mis-remembering or that it hasn't changed is to test it. If you do so, let me know; I'll be back to Exalted again in a while here (though I'm not sure how efficient the Rebuke and Wrath stuff will be on a Cleric, without an Archon to easily build up charges).
    Most of my playtime in ED:EA is actually on my cleric and any cleric can spam the meta'ed SLA Avenging-Light every 3 seconds for 3sp & non meta'ed Searing Light every 3 seconds for 8sp and get Divine Wrath (DW) charged (it just seems to take forever but in theory that gives you your 10 charges every 15 seconds). If you go with the Cleric Divine Disciple (DD) Enhancements you can also alternate in a fully meta-ed SLA Searing-Light for something like 4sp every 4 seconds which still isn't as easy as FvS with an Archon but not too shabby... DD Cleric's also get Sun-Bolt (AoE line) & Sun-Beam which also build charges but I don't really have the mana pool to use them indiscriminately on my Cleric so I typically only use them in an emergency and/or when I just want to all out burn something down and have the mana &/or pots to spare...

What gets really fun is that if enemies are in a group a DD Cleric can Sun-Burst them all and immediately fully charge DW and then follow-up with an immediate DW and this is one trick DD Clerics have on FvSs... After the Divine-Wrath you can look for your next group of mobs (or the same group) and after the 15 second DW cool-down do the same thing and not have to worry about charges decaying in the 15 seconds, even if you followed up with a rebuke and spent all your charges in the interim, as the next Sunburst will recharge/re-flush you again when in large groups of mobs... I love the Sun-Burst/Divine-Wrath tactic with the new quests with lots of tightly grouped mobs (like Friends in Low Places) as on EH and below my max Wis DD Cleric's Sun-Burst sticks quite a bit blinding many and it is great to build up charges really fast over and over allowing you to cast Divine Wrath every 15 seconds repeatedly until the room is pretty much clear. Before if I targeted the red-named and danced around him and rebuked him to burn him down I had to pew/pew to rebuild charges and some of the pew/pew miss with mob movement and it was frustrating to keep track of the counters in the mess. Now you don't really have to with Sun-Burst... Note that on EE that tactic may not be as viable as the blinding likely won't stick and likely the combo will get agro unless others are doing some other AoE or intimidate to take take the agro back... For me on EH & below I send in my level 25 Owl-Bear first so he has initial agro (and he starts cleaving) and then I have him Intimidate after my Sun-Burst/Divine-Wrath combos just in case...

Maybe the Sun Burst fully charging is what is standing out in my head so much. I also remember DW also refilling up when I cast DW on groups but wasn't thinking about characters (since I usually play solo or in parties with no more than 3-4 people usually there are much more mobs then players). Now that I think about it we usually have me (a divine), 2 arcane, & 1 melee (and/or my OwlBear) and we 3 casters stay back at range so there is typically only my Owlbear and one character in the DW blast so that could explain why I haven't noticed players giving charges before...

Now that you mention it I do remember reading that the Excoriate stun affect players as well as enemies so maybe the Divine Wrath counts players as well as enemies to build charges...

I will try to test and let you know.
    Last edited by Nodoze; 01-07-2014 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Edited to take out 'and rinse-repeat' and adjusted & flesh-out the sun-burst tactics discussion for clarity...

Community Member

If no one posts a build with a sorc splash variant that pulls off at least +95%/45% I may try to put one together even though my knowledge of Arcanes is lacking...[/B]
    Something interesting to note. A 12 sorc/4 fvs/2 pally could do the 50% vunerability. It would need to go air savant rather than fire savant. The trick would be finding light/sonic spells to charge the EA rebuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Something interesting to note. A 12 sorc/4 fvs/2 pally could do the 50% vunerability. It would need to go air savant rather than fire savant. The trick would be finding light/sonic spells to charge the EA rebuke.
    My assumption was that Vulnerable stacks capped at 20 regardless of the source (whether from the Warpriest, the Sorc AS, or the Frostbite blades... Are you saying one character can do more than 20 stacks of Vulnerable if they use different sources (I am pretty sure that is not what you are saying but want to confirm) ?

The cool thing about the Sorc variant is that it can do it from range and both Sorc and FvS (and Paladin) benefit from high Charisma.

... Now that you mention it I do remember reading that the Excoriate stun affect players as well as enemies so maybe the Divine Wrath counts players as well as enemies to build charges...

I will try to test and let you know.
    I launched up my 4 accounts and took 4 of my toons (all currently about level 25) into 'Murder by Moonlight' on EH. My Tank and TWF FvS both summoned their Lvl 25 Owlbears and my Artie summoned his Homunculus and I put all 3 of them on passive giving us a total party size of 7.

I then buffed my FvS and put away her Celestias and then went up to the PKD and then punched him when he turned into 'Red Named' Werewolf-Knight. I then jumped around the room letting my Archon build up charges and then led the single Werewolf right next to the group and popped Divine Wrath...

With 6 party members and a dog and 1 Werewolf I still had 10 charges when the flash was over...

I did it multiple times and never seemed to have less than 9. Maybe I was getting crits or double-hits somehow or my Archon is firing at the right time giving me charges.

I don't think it is WAI but I think you are right, just like with Excoriate, Divine Wrath also isn't distinguishing properly between players and enemies for purposes of counters.

This is a huge boon to the play style and means a bunch of DPS on a boss is the perfect setup... You were absolutely correct in your memory.

Playing solo or in small groups I don't think I ever would have noticed this...

Thanks again and I wish I could give you a +10 instead of only a +1 as it is great to learn something new everyday...

My assumption was that Vulnerable stacks capped at 20 regardless of the source (whether from the Warpriest, the Sorc AS, or the Frostbite blades... Are you saying one character can do more than 20 stacks of Vulnerable if they use different sources (I am pretty sure that is not what you are saying but want to confirm) ?

The cool thing about the Sorc variant is that it can do it from range and both Sorc and FvS (and Paladin) benefit from high Charisma.
    No.
    It stacks to 20 regargless of source.

If you got air sorc casting, mob will be permanenty at 20% vulnerability, and you can stop bother with smiting him, because it won't go past 20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast