Community Member

Default Back after a few months, and *** is up with the server lag?

As the title of the thread says, I'm back after a few months off of playing DDO. I was wooed away by a few other games but I found i missed DDO, but every time I attempt to play on Cannith, my server, I get hellish lag, connection issues, or super long loading screen times, all of which I never had before while playing the game before.

something up? I didn't feel like reading months of forums posts to catch up so I was hoping if there was an issue the community could fill me in.

Terry

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ahzadjinsai View Post
    As the title of the thread says, I'm back after a few months off of playing DDO. I was wooed away by a few other games but I found i missed DDO, but every time I attempt to play on Cannith, my server, I get hellish lag, connection issues, or super long loading screen times, all of which I never had before while playing the game before.

something up? I didn't feel like reading months of forums posts to catch up so I was hoping if there was an issue the community could fill me in.

Terry
    I wish I knew this answer too

BUMP

Community Member

There is no lag in DDO. Must be client side.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guanmagi-1 View Post
    There is no lag in DDO. Must be client side.
    No other mmo or game i play has this issue other than DDO (now) which leads me to think that the game side is having issues.

Could it be the snow storm that hit the east coast?
    http://nypost.com/2014/01/03/winter-...ls-at-least-9/
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Community Member

Are you talking about actual lag (connection desync or actions taking a long time before the server recognizes what you've done) or frequent FPS drops?

For me somehow after playing again now, I have frequent FPS drops. Like every 2 seconds a short freeze for like half a second or something. Really annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by Mordaine View Post
    Are you talking about actual lag (connection desync or actions taking a long time before the server recognizes what you've done) or frequent FPS drops?

For me somehow after playing again now, I have frequent FPS drops. Like every 2 seconds a short freeze for like half a second or something. Really annoying...
    Same here. I reduced the graphics to "low" and still get the same freezes. My connection is ok-ish, the connection icon is showing green all the time. When i as playing ddo 6 months ago, the gameplay was smooth and the flow was enjoyable. Now, the constant freezes is driving me crazy...