Community Member

Default Jonesing to try EK

So I read that EK is maybe not the best PrE. Whatever. I feel like giving it a shot.

Question is what splits to take? Was thinking 12/6/2 wiz/monk/fvs for the stances and force points, stick build. Or maybe 12/6/2 sorc/pal/monk for the saves and some self heals. Not trying to avoid rogue splash, just not wanting to take it for traps (my last attempt at a rogue splash was iffy at best on traps).

For wiz was thinking of taking a morninglord elf. Or maybe drow. I've had really good results with pure drow sorcs and pallies.

So throw me some thoughts on this.

Community Member

I'd like to thank everyone who participated in this thread. You were really helpful.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Yeeees, sarcasm - that always encourages people to be more helpful!

Maybe try posting a build first to give us some idea what you want to accomplish, rather than expecting other people to do the heavy lifting for you? Just a thought.

HINT: rogue splash gets you Acrobatic for +15% atk speed w/staves; that's the real reason you want it, not rog skills.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Well, the sarcasm seems to have worked.

That said, I would note that I said I wasn't sure in the original post. I was looking for thoughts. If I was looking for a build, I would have said so.

I did an Iconic bladeforged 12 Sorcerer/ 6 pally / 2 monk. Very fun and I'm able to solo a lot. As for dps, sure I'm not up there with the kensi fighter, monk, or a barb rageing but, it not to far behind them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    No one that throws together a bunch of numbers and calls it fact is going to give you and real accurate answer, there's too many variables and it's all biased towards there own personal outlooks on how it should be, not how it is. Numbers are too easy to manipulate.
    So sad but true.

I have a fighter 8 wiz12. Doing nicely at l22, pm for wraith, ek and some kensai.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.