Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Well, if you drop ranged - then just pick up more DPS feats for melee. You said that you have a pally past life, so that's an option. Greater Weapon spec for +2 damage, GTHF, power critical, even precision for high fortification targets, improved sunder helps your stunning blow DC...
    Was wandering... is Zen Archery that useful? i mean range is a secondary option (use mostly for burst) so not being centered should not be a big deal?
    I ask cause you, almost, convince me to take range option... but since feats are tight, and i would love to fit in: Toughness and Epic Toughness (over a 100HP more) gotta make a choice.
    So 2 feats to "chop": not a completionist so that's 1... still missing 1... and was thinking Zen Archery... unless you have a better option to propose.

Quote Originally Posted by Choopak View Post
    Was wandering... is Zen Archery that useful? i mean range is a secondary option (use mostly for burst) so not being centered should not be a big deal?
    I ask cause you, almost, convince me to take range option... but since feats are tight, and i would love to fit in: Toughness and Epic Toughness (over a 100HP more) gotta make a choice.
    So 2 feats to "chop": not a completionist so that's 1... still missing 1... and was thinking Zen Archery... unless you have a better option to propose.
    Lol, its a major pain to re-enter stance every time you wanna take your bow out. besides, extra multiplier on 19/20 with ranged is pretty awesome too. Why the hell do you want e toughness? I find it kinda wasteful - you won't even meet the con requirement with a 14 base anyway.

Community Member

Lol, its a major pain to re-enter stance every time you wanna take your bow out. besides, extra multiplier on 19/20 with ranged is pretty awesome too. Why the hell do you want e toughness? I find it kinda wasteful - you won't even meet the con requirement with a 14 base anyway.
    Ho ****!!! Didn't figure the earth stance extra +1 crit multiplier (and +1 crit range) hummm changes a lot!
    Well i taught, that if i drop zen archery, i could start with only 6 WIS, and put extra 2 points in CON (pumping it to 16 and within reach)
    Never play EH, or EE so dunno if a melee toon under 1K HP would be survivable enough, and since i don't have all the gear to hit 1K HP, toughness and epic toughness was kind of an easy fix.
    Thanks

Maybe someone else will find more utility out of it, but the esos still reigns supreme for now for me.
    The dr braking ability of the epic antique greataxe still makes it a very good alternative. a bit easier to get to as compared to esos.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianka View Post
    The dr braking ability of the epic antique greataxe still makes it a very good alternative. a bit easier to get to as compared to esos.
    I'm not sure if there is anything at end game right now that you need to break DR for. Cleaver is also much better than the Epic Antique and with the Raiders Boxes everyone should be able to get one.

Tokun PDK 12 Monk/4 Paladin/4 Fighter (3x Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue/2x Bard, Barbarian PL)
    Tekllin Human 20 Sorc (3x Sorc, Wiz PL)
    Jadokis Purple Dragon Knight 18 Barbarian/1 Favored Soul/1 Fighter (3x Bard, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Rogue/2x Favored Soul/Heroic and Epic Completionist)
    Degenerate Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Takllin View Post
    I'm not sure if there is anything at end game right now that you need to break DR for. Cleaver is also much better than the Epic Antique and with the Raiders Boxes everyone should be able to get one.
    people making this toon as afirst life toon will not have a raiders box.

also, when we return to amrath or some other plane next year, dr braking will be more imprtant then ever.

Note: This build is designed for advanced players who desire effectiveness in epic elite content. It is also centered around +5 tomes for the purposes of meeting stat requirements.

also, when we return to amrath or some other plane next year, dr braking will be more imprtant then ever.
    The build is clearly not intended for a player who wouldn't have access to a raiders box or Caught in the Web (or a first life character considering it assumes +5 stat tomes and potentially a completionist). The plans for next year announced in the Holiday Producer's Letter also would not seem to suggest traveling to another plane (Haunted Halls of Eveningstar + 2 raids, Epic 3BC and Anauroch are planned).
    Degenerate Matter
    Argonnessen

Grizzt
    Ivandria
    Sazcir
    Halania
    Tazaras
    Karjya
    Shintao Monk Henshin Mystic Mechanic Artificer Tempest

Archmage
    (Retired)
    Air Savant
    (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzt14 View Post
    The build is clearly not intended for a player who wouldn't have access to a raiders box or Caught in the Web (or a first life character considering it assumes +5 stat tomes and potentially a completionist). The plans for next year announced in the Holiday Producer's Letter also would not seem to suggest traveling to another plane (Haunted Halls of Eveningstar + 2 raids, Epic 3BC and Anauroch are planned).
    ok, i am a long time player but only have a few toons that already like. i see this build and i like it but i don't want to tr any of my other toons so what is my choice? yeah, make a new toon. lot's of people are in my exact same position.

also, if you really beleive we will never need to able to brake dr again at end game, i got a bridge to sell you in new york.

They probably also won't have an Epic Antique then would they? And Cleaver is also much easier to get.

They have not released anything saying they are returning to Amrath or other planes in the producer letter for next year so I'm not sure where your pulling that from...

also, if you really beleive we will never need to able to brake dr again at end game, i got a bridge to sell you in new york.
    Clearly haven;t been around long enough...they always undersell never oversell...and there is a difference between never need to break DR and not need to for the next year in DDO...

Tokun PDK 12 Monk/4 Paladin/4 Fighter (3x Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue/2x Bard, Barbarian PL)
    Jadokis Purple Dragon Knight 18 Barbarian/1 Favored Soul/1 Fighter (3x Bard, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Rogue/2x Favored Soul/Heroic and Epic Completionist)
    Degenerate Matter

ok, i am a long time player but only have a few toons that already like. i see this build and i like it but i don't want to tr any of my other toons so what is my choice? yeah, make a new toon. lot's of people are in my exact same position.

When the need to break DR arises, then I will update this thread. In the meantime, it is built in order to excel at current content.

Never is a long time.

I never thought a toaster with 2 Pally levels would be better DPS AND more survivable that my 18Ranger/1Monk/1Rogue and his metalline of Pure Good Khopeshes.

The point is, you need to learn to be adaptable for the game in its current state. The only consistency I've encountered in DDO is change.

By the time new raids are released that require DR breaking, there is a very good chance that this build won't be the king of the hill anymore. I am not waiting until then to play. When that time comes, I'll TR, and add another PL:Fighter.

In the meantime I have been running this build, and have benefitted a great deal from these discusions, especially earlier ones in the fleshy version's thread.

When the need to break DR arises, then I will update this thread. In the meantime, it is built in order to excel at current content.
    did not critisize your build. all i said was the epic antique greataxe was a good alternetive to the esos.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5210431
    Last edited by Arianka; 12-26-2013 at 05:26 PM.

They probably also won't have an Epic Antique then would they?
    re-read my post. i said epic antique greataxe is easier to get then an esos.

And Cleaver is also much easier to get.
    it is?? i haven't seen an lfm up for citw in a long time. u can blame raiders boxes for that.
    Last edited by Arianka; 12-26-2013 at 05:27 PM.

re-read my post. i said epic antique greataxe is easier to get then an esos.

it is?? i haven't seen an lfm up for citw in a long time. u can blame raiders boxes for that.
    I read your post fine thank you. But Cleaver is far better than Epic Antique and much easier to get.

You know what people should do when they don't see an LFM up for something they want to run? Make one.

Degenerate Matter

Cetus how are you getting 41 PRR?

Degenerate Matter

But Cleaver is far better than Epic Antique
    its better but not far better.

and much easier to get.
    much easier??? disagree heavilly!

You know what people should do when they don't see an LFM up for something they want to run? Make one.
    what good is putting up a lfm if no one else wants to run the quest??? blame raiders boxes for that to.

prolly 25 prr from defender stance and 16 prr from augment.

12 Earth Stance + 16 Augment + 3 Past Life + 10 Power of the Forge

12 Earth Stance + 16 Augment + 3 Past Life + 10 Power of the Forge
    Ah okay I missed the boost in your buff bar.

Degenerate Matter

Ah okay I missed the boost in your buff bar.
    Yea, thats fully buffed

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast