Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Ya it is kinda idiotic how they spent a freaking TON of time messing with and remessing with armor (Sadly they never flippn fixed docents fully) to make ac somewhat useful and even more so to make heavy and medium armor useful by implementing the mrr and prr system. And it worked. So well that you were an idiot to even go for evasion you just slapped heavy on, got your extra mrrprr in gear and shrugged off element dmg and traps.

Course monks being the sole class that got the finger whined and the MRR was taken off (Didn't fully kill it though because a 3 pally split or fighter with a shield or med/heavy or both can really stack the hp with prr and MRR not to far behind)

However after all of that they come out with reaper where your gettn blasted without even going for 10. And so a 28 or 32 or even higher dodge equals more chances to stun or mow something down. And so begins the great journey of the pajama mamma once more lol.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Why even have the fighter levels? Just go all monk.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian69 View Post
    It's the funny truth. Bumping just because it's as good or better than the rest again.
    Teh_Troll is rolling in his grave.

Just not the bladeforged version lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Helmet View Post
    Teh_Troll is rolling in his grave.

You mean Teh_Troll died?

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Just not the bladeforged version lol
    Other than a lack of AP (9 Racial AP would have been nice on a BF), it really wasn't that bad until R4+, then it was horrible without a wizard, arty or another Bladeforged.

Default Helves Angel Variant

Under the original enhancements spread, before the current tree setup, I liked Elven Displacement shadow-marked 12 Kensai 7 AA Ranger 1 Wizard when the slayer arrows was 500 damage on vorpals. I would melee twf and then clear room with IPS manyshot.

Once enhancement trees came out and needed to spend hard points on displacement (instead of feats), shadow mark really lost a lot of its value, especially when it changed to self cast only.

Of course, this build quickly converted to furyshotter with slayer arrows, but has been in limbo since.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackedIce View Post
    Under the original enhancements spread, before the current tree setup, I liked Elven Displacement shadow-marked 12 Kensai 7 AA Ranger 1 Wizard when the slayer arrows was 500 damage on vorpals. I would melee twf and then clear room with IPS manyshot.

Once enhancement trees came out and needed to spend hard points on displacement (instead of feats), shadow mark really lost a lot of its value, especially when it changed to self cast only.

Of course, this build quickly converted to furyshotter with slayer arrows, but has been in limbo since.

Beautiful Master of Necro

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    Beautiful Master of Necro
    Arrgg thought I was responding to something else!! I will keep the post undeleted for the laughs for anyone needing an extra smile to their day.
    Last edited by CrackedIce; 11-29-2021 at 12:48 PM.

Ah maaan. I have a char that (attempted to) use this build years ago, and was all like "OMG there's an update to this thread??" when I saw it on top of the list...but nope, accidental necro lol.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627