Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Cetus: The Supreme Bladeforged Fighter

Cetus: Completionist Bladeforged 12 Fighter/6 Monk/2 Paladin

Note: This build is designed for advanced players who desire effectiveness in epic elite content. It is also centered around +5 tomes for the purposes of meeting stat requirements.

Class Progression: First, Second, and Sixth monk levels are the only important ones, since they receive feats at those levels.

Starting Stats: Strength: 18, Dexterity: 12, Constitution: 12, Intelligence: 8, Wisdom: 8, Charisma: 16

Feats

12 Fighter = 7 Feats. Bladeforged = 7 feats. 6 Monk = 3 Feats. Epic feats = 3 Feats. 7 + 7 + 3 + 3 = 20 Feats.

Add 2 Destiny feats + Paladin Deity + Monk light/dark path = 24 total feat decisions.

Ranged:

1. Improved Critical: Ranged
    2. Weapon Focus: Ranged
    3. Bow Strength
    4. Manyshot (much later when +5 Dex tome kicks in)
    5. Point Blank Shot
    6. Rapid Shot
    7. Zen Archery (should be taken as level 6 monk class feat when +5 Wisdom kicks in at level 19 for the 13 wisdom requirement)

Melee:

8. Power Attack (Should be taken as Level 1 or 2 Monk class feat)
    9. Two Handed Fighting (Should be taken as Level 1 or 2 Monk Class feat)
    10. Improved Two Handed Fighting
    11. Stunning Blow
    12. Weapon focus: Slashing
    13. Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing
    14. Weapon Specialization: Slashing
    15. Improved Critical: Slashing
    16. Cleave
    17. Great Cleave
    18. Overwhelming Critical

Other:

19. Completionist
    20. Master of Forms (Adept is granted at level 6 monk, so this will occupy an epic feat slot)
    21. Paladin: Follower of the Lord of Blades
    22. Monk: Light Path
    23. Level 26: Perfect Two handed fighting
    24. Level 28: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting - 5% doublestrike for main hand weapon

Skills: All Levelup skills into maxing out UMD and Repair (leftovers into whatever you want, perhaps balance).

Twists:

This assumes maximum fate points:

For normal questing:

Bane Of Undeath
    Dance of Flowers
    Sense Weakness
    Pin

For max DPS runs w/o shrine:

Sense Weakness
    Hail of Blows
    Tunnel Vision
    Dance of Flowers

For EE Deathwyrm:

Grim Precision
    Piercing Clarity
    Dance of Flowers
    Bane of Undeath

Enhancements:

*Divine Might: Everytime I use my power surge, damage boost, haste boost, I automatically hit divine might. When I had the second tier version of it, I ended up hitting it like every thirty seconds anyway just as part of the boost rotation. So, tier 2 is not needed - but I have a razr naga mouse that accommodates efficient boosting, if you don't then this decision might not be optimal for you.

Main Destiny Points:

Gear:

Necklace: EE Stolen Necklace w/ Insightful +2 Charisma Slotted, Charisma +10, and Accuracy +9 (This is useful for manyshotting, sometimes the bow grazes)
    Helmet:: EE Black Dragon Helmet w/ +3 Insightful Constitution Yellow Slot: Globe of True Imperial Blood Green Slot: Good Luck +2
    Goggles: Deadly X of Resistance +10
    Armor: Flawless Black Dragonscale Docent: Slotted Wisdom +8 Epic Bladesmark Docent is also a powerful supplement Epic Mournlode Docent for Undead/Temple runs = 70% fort bypass between 15% grim precision, 35% TF weapon, and 20% weaken undead
    Bracer: Dumathoin's Bracers: Dexterity +11, Natural Armor +10, Sheltering +30, Elemental Resistance +45, Blue Slot: Con +8
    Ring 1: EE Consuming Darkness: Constitution +8, Combat Mastery +5, Seeker +12
    Ring 2: Seal of Dun'Robar: Stunning +10
    Boots: Ogre Power +10 Boots of False Life +50
    Gloves: EE Backstabber's Gloves: Sneak Attack +5, Exceptional Sneak attack +3, Improved Deception, Bluff +20, Yellow Slot: +250 Spell Points
    Belt: Battle-Rager's Harness w/ Vitality + 20 Slot
    Cloak: Adamantine Cloak of the Wolf: Exceptional Seeker +5, Attack bonus +4
    Trinket: Litany of the Dead

Weapons:

Trash: Thunder-Forged Falchion: Tier 1: Reconstruction 150, Tier 2: Armor Piercing 35%, Tier 3: Mortal Feat. Red Slot: Meteoric Star Ruby, Orange Slot: Vampiric Augment, Colorless Slot: Repair +15 Augment

Red Named: Thunder-Forged Falchion: Tier 1: 1st Degree Burns, Tier 2: Armor Piercing 35%, Tier 3: Crippling Flames. Red Slot: Reconstruction 138, Orange Slot: Deconstructor, Colorless Slot: Repair +15 Augment

Boost Regenerating Weapon: Thunder-Forged Falchion with Draconic Reinvigoration Tier 3

Ranged: Longbow Versions of the three falchions above

Few metagame tricks:

1. Upon zoning into quest, wear Verik's necklace instead of EE Stolen necklace, Replace Adamantine cloak of the wolf with Charisma 10 cloak with slot, place +2 Insightful 2 Cha in slot (I have a cloak like this with accuracy 11 on the tail end)

Once 2 boosts are used, switch for Cloak of the wolf + Stolen Necklace.

2. When manyshotting, hit yourself with a reconstruct first, so that you get full 22% ranged alacrity (goatskin doesn't seem to give it right now)

End Stats fully buffed with yugo pots/rage/store pot/Fire finisher in EARTH STANCE

Stunning Blow DC:

82 Str (without Store pot - screenshot has 85 with store pot) = 36 Modifier + Stunning +10 + Combat Mastery +5 + LD +6 + 10 Base + 3 Past lives + 4 Enhancement + 2 fearsome presence = 76

Trip DC with Bladesmark Docent:

81 (With all applicable stunning modifiers with vertigo 15 providing 5 more)

Videos:

EE EDA Mostly ESOS + Earth Stance (24:16)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3qEL7qMV4k

EE EDA Thunder Forged Falchion + Wind Stance (23:43)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPZhiekDJdQ

EE LOD Speed Run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUor8FklSCE

EE WGU Solo:

Last edited by Cetus; 07-30-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks for sharing - my guess wasnt too bad on how it would be it seems hehe.

Its a really great build - I love mine and i recommend it if your after a fun fighter type.
    Officer of Crusaders of Justice / Orien / Swedish player
    Lyrandar/ Devourer in Europe since launch 2006 / Orien since 2009
    Charachters: Ctype/ Archibald / Ygolonar / Etype / Dtype
    Completionist with Ctype

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Hahahaha
    That thread title...
    Hahahaha

Laughing aside, I like the looks of this.
    To lazy to search, Fearsome presence doesn't actually inflict fear, does it?
    If so that seems like it would be really unhelpful.
    I don't like it when mobs run away.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life10/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin, 2xMonk
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Community Member

So its like the Warforged version. With Bladeforged. And the key component is Pinion and Manyshot.

Nothing wrong with this game when a massive war machine robot decides to use a bow and arrow to lay waste to his foes. Nothing wrong at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post
    So its like the Warforged version. With Bladeforged. And the key component is Pinion and Manyshot.

Nothing wrong with this game when a massive war machine robot decides to use a bow and arrow to lay waste to his foes. Nothing wrong at all...
    I'm pretty sure the key component is Cetus, more than anything.
    Well, that and a giant sword.

And you're right, there is nothing wrong with that at all.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life10/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin, 2xMonk

Quote Originally Posted by Jasparion View Post

Nothing at all, until he tries to wear the Robe he listed above... ;-)

id id swap for a docent.
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Cetus: Completionist Bladeforged 12 Fighter/6 Monk/2 Paladin

Note: This build is designed for advanced players who desire effectiveness in epic elite content. It is also centered around +5 tomes for the purposes of meeting stat requirements.

Class Progression: First, Second, and Sixth monk levels are the only important ones, since they receive feats at those levels.

Starting Stats: Strength: 18, Dexterity: 12, Constitution: 14, Intelligence: 8, Wisdom: 8, Charisma: 15

Feats

12 Fighter = 7 Feats. Bladeforged = 7 feats. 6 Monk = 3 Feats. Epic feats = 3 Feats. 7 + 7 + 3 + 3 = 20 Feats.

Add 2 Destiny feats + Paladin Deity + Monk light/dark path = 24 total feat decisions.

Ranged:

1. Improved Critical: Ranged
    2. Weapon Focus: Ranged
    3. Bow Strength
    4. Manyshot (much later when +5 Dex tome kicks in)
    5. Point Blank Shot
    6. Rapid Shot
    7. Zen Archery (should be taken as level 6 monk class feat when +5 Wisdom kicks in at level 19 for the 13 wisdom requirement)

Melee:

8. Power Attack (Should be taken as Level 1 or 2 Monk class feat)
    9. Two Handed Fighting (Should be taken as Level 1 or 2 Monk Class feat)
    10. Improved Two Handed Fighting
    11. Stunning Blow
    12. Weapon focus: Slashing
    13. Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing
    14. Weapon Specialization: Slashing
    15. Improved Critical: Slashing
    16. Cleave
    17. Great Cleave
    18. Overwhelming Critical

Other:

20. Completionist
    21. Master of Forms (Adept is granted at level 6 monk, so this will occupy an epic feat slot)
    22. Paladin: Follower of the Silver Flame
    23. Monk: Light Path
    24. Level 26: Perfect Two handed fighting
    25. Level 28: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting - 5% doublestrike for main hand weapon

Skills: All Levelup skills into maxing out UMD and Repair (leftovers into whatever you want, perhaps balance).

Twists:

Bane Of Undeath (if you plan to shrine, if not then pin)
    Dance of Flowers
    Sense Weakness / Pin

Enhancements:

Kensei:

-All Cores for Power Surge
    -Extra Action boost 3
    -Haste Boost 3
    -One with the blade (this means all weapon specializations, alacrity, tier 1 meditation, deadly whatever (this ability is not used in this build), and shattering whatever (this ability is also not used in this build)).
    -Tactics 2
    -Strength 1 + 2

35 AP

Ninja Spy:

-All cores toward Shadow Veil
    -Two tiers of Sneak Attack Training
    -Acrobatic 2
    -Agility 2
    -Fists of Iron
    -Ninja Poison

15 AP

Bladeforged:

-Improved Fortification Core
    -Constitution Core
    -Mechanist Tier 1
    -Communion of Scribing 3
    -Warforged Tactics +3
    -Fearsome Presence
    -Improved Power Attack 3
    -Power of The Forge
    -Weapon Attachment*

23 AP

*: This enhancement's usefulness is debatable. I use it for 33% of the time, since casting a tensers scroll is more useful than the attachment - the dps is about the same from the +4 str, but it also adds other bonuses. So, tensers > weapon attachment. However, during the minute and change that tensers is active, I use both of them together, then refresh the attachment in the remaining 1 minute and 50 seconds or something. If you don't like this enhancement, then drop 1 point of agility from the monk tree and use the 2 points on the third tier of sneak attack training from ninja spy OR the third tactics point from fighter - whatever you like. I might still do this, haven't decided on weapon attachment fully yet.

Knight of the Chalice

-First Core
    -Extra turning 3
    -Extra smite 1 (dump point)
    -Divine Might 1**

7 AP

**: Everytime I use my power surge, damage boost, haste boost, I automatically hit divine might. When I had the second tier version of it, I ended up hitting it like every thirty seconds anyway just as part of the boost rotation. So, tier 2 is not needed - but I have a razr naga mouse that accommodates efficient boosting, if you don't then this decision maybe problematic - it works very well for me however.

Gear:

Necklace: EE Stolen Necklace w/ Insightful +2 Charisma Slotted, Charisma +10, and Accuracy +9 (This is useful for manyshotting, sometimes the bow grazes)
    Helmet:: EE Black Dragon Helmet w/ +3 Insightful Constitution Yellow Slot: Globe of True Imperial Blood Green Slot: Good Luck +2
    Goggles: Deadly X of Resistance +10
    Armor: Flawless Black Dragonscale robe: Slotted PRR +16
    Bracer: Skirmisher's Bracers: Dexterity +9 and Doublestrike +8%
    Ring 1: EE Consuming Darkness: Constitution +8, Combat Mastery +5, Seeker +12
    Ring 2: Seal of Dun'Robar: Stunning +10
    Boots: EE Goatskin Boots w/ Fortification +115, Yellow Slot: +2 insightful Dexterity, Green Slot: Wisdom +7
    Gloves: EE Backstabber's Gloves: Sneak Attack +5, Exceptional Sneak attack +3, Improved Deception, Bluff +20, Yellow Slot: Vitality +20
    Belt: Ogre Power +10 Belt of False life 45
    Cloak: Adamantine Cloak of the Wolf: Exceptional Seeker +5, Attack bonus +4
    Trinket: Litany of the Dead

Weapon: Epic Sword of Shadows: Red Slot: Repair Spellpower + 138 Augment, Colorless: Insightful +2 Wisdom

Still Looking to get:

Deadly XI of Resistance 10 Goggles
    Ogre Power 11 of False Life 50 Belt

Few metagame tricks:

1. Upon zoning into quest, wear Verik's necklace instead of EE Stolen necklace, Replace Adamantine cloak of the wolf with Charisma 10 cloak with slot, place +2 Insightful 2 Cha in slot (I have a cloak like this with accuracy 11 on the tail end)

Once 2 boosts are used, switch for Cloak of the wolf + Stolen Necklace.

2. When Manyshotting, replace Litany with a prowess trinket for Artifact bonus to damage.

3. Before shrining, use power surge. The extra added charisma from the action surge enhancement (human) generates 2 extra divine mights after shrining is complete.

4. Against assassins, it is useful to pick up a Fortification 125% of Seeker +10 Ring. Substitute that in for consuming darkness, wear Adamantine Cloak of the Bear for Combat Mastery +6 in cloak slot.

End Stats fully buffed with yugo pots/rage/Fire finisher in EARTH STANCE

170% fort (Not in this particular screenshot because I'm not wearing the fort 115% goatskins - but the 155% I have in the screenshot with the extra 15% will total 170% - I also have 1 Bladeforged Past life)

21% Doublestrike (Currently with 1 Martial epic past life)
    71 Reflex (divine brace +1 past life atm)
    77 Fortitude (divine brace +1 past life atm)
    59 Will (divine brace +1 past life atm)
    1030 Hitpoints (without greensteel)
    41 PRR (divine past life +3 atm)
    80 Strength

Stunning Blow DC:

35 Modifier + Stunning +10 + Combat Mastery +5 + LD +6 + 10 Base + 3 Past lives + 5 Enhancement + 2 fearsome presence = 76 in full DPS mode (77 if weapon attachment doesn't work out, and the points are spent on the third fighter tactic)

Adamantine Cloak of Bear = 78

Someone helps with Primal scream = 79

Once Strength +11 Belt is acquired, potentially an 80 with a slight ED point accommodation for an additional STR.
    Give me your belt. I need it. You'll be ok without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    Give me your belt. I need it. You'll be ok without it.
    Ignore him. I'm still wearing a MinII belt that I messed up. =/

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    I'm pretty sure the key component is Cetus, more than anything.
    Well, that and a giant sword.

And you're right, there is nothing wrong with that at all.
    In most cases it isn't the build but the player, but in this case it is the build. Centered Kensai's, with Bladeforged is ridiculously OP and never should have made it live. They put every other melee build to shame, I don't think there has ever been such a disparity between melee DPS as there is currently.

I don't mean to take anything away from you Cetus, but Centered Kensai + Bladeforged is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Takllin; 12-22-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Tokun PDK 12 Monk/4 Paladin/4 Fighter (3x Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue/2x Bard, Barbarian PL)
    Tekllin Human 20 Sorc (3x Sorc, Wiz PL)
    Jadokis Purple Dragon Knight 18 Barbarian/1 Favored Soul/1 Fighter (3x Bard, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Rogue/2x Favored Soul/Heroic and Epic Completionist)
    Degenerate Matter

Quote Originally Posted by DanteEnFuego View Post
    Nothing at all, until he tries to wear the Robe he listed above... ;-)

id id swap for a docent.
    og

fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Takllin View Post
    In most cases it isn't the build but the player, but in this case it is the build. Centered Kensai's, with Bladeforged is ridiculously OP and never should have made it live. They put every other melee build to shame, I don't think there has ever been such a disparity between melee DPS as there is currently.

I don't mean to take anything away from you Cetus, but Centered Kensai + Bladeforged is ridiculous.
    Die Noob - its awesome

Community Member

You post it!!! yesss
    if i were to drop range:
    1) what would be change in enhancements?
    2) feats?
    I know manyshot is crazy DPS but i feel dirty each time i use a bow on a fighter... I would like to tweak it for max melee DPS

Note: on your feat selection, you wrote level 18: overwhelming critical... i taught you can only take this a epic, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Die Noob - its awesome
    Haha I know that, and you know I'm not taking anything away from you. But the combination is ridiculous. Its so uber I had to TR out of it

Tokun PDK 12 Monk/4 Paladin/4 Fighter (3x Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue/2x Bard, Barbarian PL)
    Jadokis Purple Dragon Knight 18 Barbarian/1 Favored Soul/1 Fighter (3x Bard, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Rogue/2x Favored Soul/Heroic and Epic Completionist)
    Degenerate Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Choopak View Post
    You post it!!! yesss
    if i were to drop range:
    1) what would be change in enhancements?
    2) feats?
    I know manyshot is crazy DPS but i feel dirty each time i use a bow on a fighter... I would like to tweak it for max melee DPS

Note: on your feat selection, you wrote level 18: overwhelming critical... i taught you can only take this a epic, no?
    Enhancement wise I don't think much would change.

Feat wise you could become a bit more tactical. Take GTHF, maybe get improved sunder, possibly spec for improved trip since you absolutely don't need zen archery, power critical for that tiny bit extra, maybe QuickDraw for better boosting. Basically the old school way to make a fighter.

As for the OC thing, his feats don't seem to be in any order so that's just him keeping track of them all, not where they go.

Quote Originally Posted by Takllin View Post
    I don't think there has ever been such a disparity between melee DPS as there is currently.
    Idk, my rogue still feels pretty uber when I run with the centered toasters.

silly question maybe, but do you loose weapon attachment when switching weapons?
    If so, switching to bow, scroll usage etc would make this enhancement a tad bit use impaired

As for the rest, awesome job Cetus!

@Choopak
    He's numbering the amount of feats used, it has nothing to do with the lv where he takes it

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    silly question maybe, but do you loose weapon attachment when switching weapons?
    If so, switching to bow, scroll usage etc would make this enhancement a tad bit use impaired

As for the rest, awesome job Cetus!

@Choopak
    He's numbering the amount of feats used, it has nothing to do with the lv where he takes it
    Ehh..yea - tensers scrolls + manyshot screw with weapon attachment, I'm still playing with it, but meh I'll probably drop it at some point. For that minute and change when I have it going with tensers, I kinda enjoy it.

You put a lot of AP into making your Esos into a 13-20/x3 weapon and centered. Why didn't you do this same build but using a Sireth with the monk capstone to make it a 13-20x3 weapon? I don't know the weapon damage comparison but it looks like Sireth would do a bit more dmg and you also have quick strike.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    Enhancement wise I don't think much would change.

Feat wise you could become a bit more tactical. Take GTHF, maybe get improved sunder, possibly spec for improved trip since you absolutely don't need zen archery, power critical for that tiny bit extra, maybe QuickDraw for better boosting. Basically the old school way to make a fighter.

As for the OC thing, his feats don't seem to be in any order so that's just him keeping track of them all, not where they go.
    These are all good suggestions Nightmanis...
    About OC... you're right i misread, lol... dho!

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    You put a lot of AP into making your Esos into a 13-20/x3 weapon and centered. Why didn't you do this same build but using a Sireth with the monk capstone to make it a 13-20x3 weapon? I don't know the weapon damage comparison but it looks like Sireth would do a bit more dmg and you also have quick strike.
    There is a bug with qstaffs that you don't get glancing blows with cleave.

You also can't do the same build with monk capstone...and the only good staff builds have monk/rogue in them for the stance and 15% alacrity from first tier Thief Acrobat.

Degenerate Matter

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast