Default Looking for: Sorc build ideas to get a heroic past life

Lots of options here in the forum, but most also discuss epic levels. I'm just looking for an option to run up with a ranger / rogue friend from 1-20 and then TR again.

I've typically played pure casters, but the /2monk and /2 pali builds appear to be very popular. Are the splashes worth getting if I'll only play it up to level 18 (with xp for 20) and TR?

Thanks.

Community Member

If you're TRing at 20, just go for pure. Sure, more saves help, but definitely aren't needed. If you want to throw on two pally, do it at 17/18 imo - but again, definitely not needed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    Lots of options here in the forum, but most also discuss epic levels. I'm just looking for an option to run up with a ranger / rogue friend from 1-20 and then TR again.

I've typically played pure casters, but the /2monk and /2 pali builds appear to be very popular. Are the splashes worth getting if I'll only play it up to level 18 (with xp for 20) and TR?

Thanks.
    Fire savant with 2 or 4 levels of FVS splash is an absolute beast. The FVS lets you spam fire/force for a very long time and boosts your spell power/crits. Don't go for 4 FVS early, the first 2 FVS levels need 10 AP and you want to get T5 Fireball as soon as you can.

Toaster of vengence is a good write up: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-of-Vengeance although I disagree with some of his spell selection. I went with more buffs and less direct damage spells.

You can "get by" with:
    Force spells: (chain missile, magic missile and force missile)
    Fire: Scorching Ray
    Ice: Ice Storm
    Dots: Eladars and Niac's

This leaves lots of spell slots for utility/party buffs.

Attack Chains:
    Burn baby burn: Scorch Ray, Fireball SLA, Scorch Ray, Sorch SLA, Scorch Ray, Burning hands SLA, repeat.
    Huge number of mobs spam: Chain Missile, Fireball SLA, Chain Missile, Scorch SLA, Chain Missile, Burning Hands Sla, repeat
    Single Boring Target that I don't want to waste Sp On: Scorching Ray, Magic Missile, repeat
    Fire Immune: Magic Missile, Force Missile with some Chain missiles thrown in as needed
    Two mobs left, I want to get both kills: Scorching ray, Chain Missile, repeat

I only use metas for the SLAs, and yeah... I didn't take firewall. I haven't missed it one bit. Very little lasts long enough to worry about any persistent damage spell.

Wear a cloak of fire from House C challenges and get a Impulse/Kinetic lore quarterstaff and you have your spells covered. An artificer ring (House C again) can cover repair spell power.

I'm working through a TR on a sorc life using this approach and the only thing that out kills me on a regular basis is a good instakill build. This isn't really a surgical take this mob out then that mob type build. It is more of a nuke the entire room and if anything is still moving... nuke it again.