Thread: Past life

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Member

Default Past life

What is more important past life for a savant sorc? I currently have 1 wiz pl. I would think my options are sorc, favs, and wiz are my options. I don't plan on running any ee content, but do run a little en and eh. I'll probably have another past life or two before I settle in on epic content. I have shiraldi destiny unlocked. Thanks.

Probably Energy Criticals if you are using primarily elemental damage.

I assume the OP means Heroic PL, not Epic PL Feats.

Ok - here's my take - If you're building a Shiradi Sorc, the past lives are not as important as the 36-point build, tomes, and gear.

On the other hand - if you're building a Savant Sorc here's the best Past Life Feats for a Sorcerer:

#1 Sorcerer - it increases the DCs of your Evocation Spells - you'll want this as a Fire, Water, or Air Savant since 99% of their damage spells rely on Evocation - you also get a bonus +20 Spell Points for every past life.
    #1a Cleric - it increases the DCs of your Conjuration Spells - of course this only really matters if you are going Earth Savant
    #2 Wizard - +2 to the Spell Pen of your offensive spells - hopefully you're planning on insta-kill and CC for your Sorc if you go this route.
    #3 Favored Soul - +1 to Spell Pen Checks and +20 SP

That's it - no other Past Lives affect a Sorcerer quite like the above do - and the reality is that 3X PL: Sorc is more than enough for 99% of what Sorcerers do - kill stuff. (CC is over-rated - if you want CC, take 3x Wiz Past lives and 3x FvS lives, then go back to being a Wizard and leave the DPS to us Sorcerers )
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

Officer of The Innfellows

Community Member

Yes, heroic PL. Thanks for the thoughts.

Sorcerer PL.

Spell pen is useless in the current endgame and probably will be also useless when the new raid approaches. Also, your damaging spells won't have any SR check

FVS is useless for the same reason and because 60 SP are a waste of time.

I'd rather get 3x Paladin Past lives at the moment. 15% heal amp helps A LOT if you are fleshie (and with Wand Scroll Mastery bugged, this is just awesome).

Everything else is a waste of time for a Savant Sorc, unless you are going for Completionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by thesnoman View Post
    if you're building a Savant Sorc here's the best Past Life Feats for a Sorcerer:

#1 Sorcerer - it increases the DCs of your Evocation Spells - you'll want this as a Fire, Water, or Air Savant since 99% of their damage spells rely on Evocation - you also get a bonus +20 Spell Points for every past life.
    #1a Cleric - it increases the DCs of your Conjuration Spells - of course this only really matters if you are going Earth Savant
    #2 Wizard - +2 to the Spell Pen of your offensive spells - hopefully you're planning on insta-kill and CC for your Sorc if you go this route.
    You don't need to triple-stack it, but the first Wizard past life unlocks +1 to ALL schools. Even if you don't care about Spell Pen, I'd rank getting at least one Wiz PL very highly.

Other thing I thought I'd mention is Web. Clr PLs help that, too, for Spell-Pen-irrelevant CC on any Savant, not just Earth.