Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
Scenario 1: On the pulling the lever which you group felt was too soon, and by the evidence of the Cleric not being in the room. The wrong in this situation is not the action you took by assumption, that was a misunderstanding. The wrong is in the attitude expressed by both parties.

Scenario 2: The Greater Teleport at the end of a Vale quest is very appreciated by many players, but might I suggest that you can avoid this situation by simply standing back from the chest before you cast a spell that puts up a dialog that in some cases prevents any other action especially when there are "Are you Sure?" messages popping up. While I agree the "No" button is easy to press and it is on the player to press the right button. But again you can avoid this type of drama by being more practical and realize not everyone is as fast as you in looting. Providing the GT was not the issue, it was the timing.

Scenario 3: As the PL you set what difficulty you wanted to run the quest, you notified the party of your intent. As can be expected some left because they wanted to do this on a different difficulty. The continuing of the conversation after the person left the group was by no means a positive on this encounter with someone not at the same level as you in the game. However, that will be their impression of people like yourself (generally causing a tainted view of that group).

As a note about the amount of death spells available for RWTD; I've found that Greater Shout (while not a DPS spell) helps to equalize the fights against the Eladrin. It may not be glamorous but it can go a long way in reducing the damage taken by the whole party. You took the step of picking a difficulty you felt the party you had could survive, but you can also go one step further by adding additional survivability to your party.
I agree with all of your points. I cast GT a little close to the chest, but thats because the group was close to the chest and I was in a hurry to move on to the next quest. As for the third scenario, I didn't feel it necessary to add in all the back and forth, but the impression I got was the bard felt entitled to an elite completion, and was annoyed we weren't going to do it on elite. I said 3 times we were going to do hard, each time him whining about how he needs elite. I can see how what I did could be construed as wrong though from reading your responses. Thank you.

RE: Greater Shout: I never thought of that. I was using hypnotize and FoD and Circle of Death and PK, and they were hitting, but the cooldowns make it so in between those I was really just laying down ice storm and jumping around like an idiot, the whole time thinking "There has to be a better way"... will give that a try.