Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What can a Sorc do to debuff reflex saves?

So far only things I've found are Symbol of Death and Fear spells. I noticed Solid Fog gets a -5 debuff but I haven't read any posts that say its working and I did read one 4 year old post that said its bugged so it'd be nice to know if the debuff does apply. What else debuffs reflex saves?
    Melee FVS: Solarien
    Earth Savant: Keyros
    Pale Master: Kayros

theres an easy way to test Solid Fog to see if it works.

grab a buddy

challenge them to a PVP match (this can be done by clicking the Gear Icon on your focus orb) this will take you to a special private arena where you can cast spells not castable in public (like SF)

cast SF, have your buddy walk into it and tell you if their Reflex save got lowered

Done
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Community Member

I'm fairly certain Solid Fog does work. My Webs seem to stick better when I stick a fog on top of them. As for other stuff that debuffs Reflex: Waves of Exhaustion/Fatigue. They do not stack, but you can scroll them (against non-SR opponents) if you can't fit the spell slots. Crushing Despair.

Dex damage if you want to use a Maladroit weapon (Cannith crafting only at current time; does not work well in epic since enemies regenerate stats too quickly), or a temporary debuff from Vertigo weapons (unsure if this is currently working properly... Vertigo was actually adding to Stun DC last I heard).

Enervation/Energy Drain work like Symbol of Death, except they're single-target. Enervation scrolls can be bought in the Portable Hole. Prayer (scrolled); your UMD on a sorc should be high enough to get these.

If epic, Magister has a tier three item that gives a chance to debuff Reflex.

Not really recommended, but for completeness as they're single-target: Contagion and Curse (spell or Cursespewing weapon).
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Quote Originally Posted by Thalone View Post
    I'm fairly certain Solid Fog does work. My Webs seem to stick better when I stick a fog on top of them. As for other stuff that debuffs Reflex: Waves of Exhaustion/Fatigue. They do not stack, but you can scroll them (against non-SR opponents) if you can't fit the spell slots. Crushing Despair.

Dex damage if you want to use a Maladroit weapon (Cannith crafting only at current time; does not work well in epic since enemies regenerate stats too quickly), or a temporary debuff from Vertigo weapons (unsure if this is currently working properly... Vertigo was actually adding to Stun DC last I heard).

Enervation/Energy Drain work like Symbol of Death, except they're single-target. Enervation scrolls can be bought in the Portable Hole. Prayer (scrolled); your UMD on a sorc should be high enough to get these.

If epic, Magister has a tier three item that gives a chance to debuff Reflex.

Not really recommended, but for completeness as they're single-target: Contagion and Curse (spell or Cursespewing weapon).
    Wouldn't epic ward block waves of exhaustion?
    Melee FVS: Solarien
    Earth Savant: Keyros
    Pale Master: Kayros

Solid Fog does work. Easy way to test, (If you don't take my word for it), is to run through House Szind (House of Death Undone) and grab the aggro of a couple of the Astral Panthers. Cast DBFB on them and watch them evade. Throw a Solid Fog, kite them through it, and then cast DBFB and watch it hit them full-on. I've been using it for several lives now and can say that it's been working to de-buff reflex saves for quite a while.
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

Officer of The Innfellows

Crushing Despair applies a -2 to all Saves.
    Not sure if that's the kind of thing your in the market for, though.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno5k View Post
    Wouldn't epic ward block waves of exhaustion?
    I don't see why it would. One tactic I used before epics were norm/hard/elite was to stack Exhaustion/Fog/Ice Storm one on top of the other. The icon definitely showed up and stuff was moving slower than molasses, before Burden of Guilt was a glint in the Devs' eyes. People would also use Waves as a component of making things helpless.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings