Default Is Sorcerer Capstone worth taking? or is 2 Paladin levels better?

I'm currently a caster, Bladeforged 13 sorc/2 paladin for the Charisma based saves. But I can't help feeling I'm missing those 2 caster levels, spell points, and level 7 spells..... Should I lesser heart out of the paladin levels?

This all depends on the focus you are going for...

DC casting is harder do at the higher levels and many would argue that it is more cost effective to utilize Epic Destinies such as Sharadi Champion or Draconic to produce more damage per spell point expended.

So to really determine what would be best for "you" we would need more information on what are your current goals... Epic Elite runs or simply dominating to 28 using EN/EH with an Iconic TR coming up or maybe some Epic TRs.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    This all depends on the focus you are going for...

DC casting is harder do at the higher levels and many would argue that it is more cost effective to utilize Epic Destinies such as Sharadi Champion or Draconic to produce more damage per spell point expended.

So to really determine what would be best for "you" we would need more information on what are your current goals... Epic Elite runs or simply dominating to 28 using EN/EH with an Iconic TR coming up or maybe some Epic TRs.
    No plans to TR at all. I want to run quests and maybe solo slayer areas and generally just want to feel powerful to level 28.

SC or Draconic with 18/2 works out really well for that. Gain enough Fate Points to twist in Energy burst while you benefit from Double Rainbow and you should see what you are looking for.

I want to <snip> feel powerful to level 28.
    There...got the important part.

There are several ways to go here...depending on the following:

What Destinies do you already have unlocked?
    Do you want to play with multiple spells and abilities or basically just spam MM/CM/FM/SR until everything is dead?
    Do you want/need wings and knockdown immunity?
    How good are your kiting/jump casting skills?

Basically this all leads to do I want to play a Shiradi Caster or do I want to play a traditional caster.

Even a traditional caster can benefit from splashing 2 Pally and/or 2 FvS.

2 Pally gives you top notch saves from Divine Grace
    2 FvS gives you more spell power and boosts Fire and Force spells

Capsotne gives you...meh - not much (if you're going savant, which I assume you are)

So, to answer your question:

Yes, 2 pally levels generally outweighs the capstone.
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

Officer of The Innfellows

Quote Originally Posted by thesnoman View Post
    There...got the important part.

There are several ways to go here...depending on the following:

What Destinies do you already have unlocked?
    Do you want to play with multiple spells and abilities or basically just spam MM/CM/FM/SR until everything is dead?
    Do you want/need wings and knockdown immunity?
    How good are your kiting/jump casting skills?

Basically this all leads to do I want to play a Shiradi Caster or do I want to play a traditional caster.

Even a traditional caster can benefit from splashing 2 Pally and/or 2 FvS.

2 Pally gives you top notch saves from Divine Grace
    2 FvS gives you more spell power and boosts Fire and Force spells

Capsotne gives you...meh - not much (if you're going savant, which I assume you are)

So, to answer your question:

Yes, 2 pally levels generally outweighs the capstone.
    Ok thanks. I don't have any Destinies unlocked. I have never TR'd a character. I have 2 level 20 characters, my highest. I have Alt-itis kinda, lol, the possibilities with Iconic characters make it worse.

I can kite pretty well I guess, but I do just enjoy blowing things up with Fire/Acid. I'll keep the 2 pally levels...