Community Member

Exclamation DDO Won't even start. Please Read!?

Okay so I just got a new computer, currently running windows 8.1 and I downloaded and installed DDO. When it finished it created the shortcut but i get this error when trying to run it from the shortcut it created.
    "The game client was passed invalid command-line parameters. [205]"

Right so I looked that up and was sent to this site. So I read that and tried opening the game via TurbineInvoker.exe which is in my directory. But when I open that nothing happens.

I've tried Running it as administrator, no effect; and I've tried all the compatibility modes also with no effect. Since then I have uninstalled and reinstalled and STILL there is no effect when I try running the TurbineInvoker.exe

Someone please Help me out, I have no idea what else I can do now and I really want to play. I was excited when I got my new computer because DDO had stopped working on my old one, and now it isn't working on this one either.

Traveler of the Skies
    Minotaur Annihilator

I don't know the solution to your problem, but the bottom of the page you linked to says:
    "If you need further assistance, please follow up with Technical Support."

I had a frequent crashing issue they helped me solve.

http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...?style=classic

Community Member

Yeah I have already submitted a ticket to them, but I was hoping someone on the forum could help me instead. The last time I submitted a ticket it took about a week and a half to get a response of them basically saying they couldn't help me... >.<

Did you install using the standalone executable or steam? I'm afraid I can't say exactly what is the cause of your problem (the same happened to me a couple years ago, downloading a different version solved it at the time), but usually at least one of those (standalone/steam) seems to work.

Also, if you have access to another computer try to install there, and if it works, copy the folder to your new computer (you can even run the game from an usb flash drive before copying it (no install needed), just to test if it works).

Hope you can find a fix to that (if you do, please post it here later)

Quote Originally Posted by Koneko10593 View Post
    Right so I looked that up and was sent to this site. So I read that and tried opening the game via TurbineInvoker.exe which is in my directory. But when I open that nothing happens.

I've tried Running it as administrator, no effect; and I've tried all the compatibility modes also with no effect. Since then I have uninstalled and reinstalled and STILL there is no effect when I try running the TurbineInvoker.exe
    The information given on the site you linked is woefully out of date. TurbineInvoker won't do anything when executed without some command line parameters. What you want to load is TurbineLauncher.exe, which is what TurbineInvoker does anyway. Make sure to run it as an Administrator or you won't be able to save any of the UI settings or key mappings (a Windows 8 issue). If you can't find TurbineLauncher.exe, there is something very wrong with the installation.

Best of luck!
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

I am having the same problem here, using windows 8.1, any solution?

Try running TurbineLauncher.exe and not TurbineInvoker.exe the FAQ is 3 years old and even Turbine now say to use TurbineLauncher.exe in order to run DDO (though I can't find anything about it now but oh well).

Stoner81.