Thread: Hellball

Default Hellball

Is the description correct? Each element allows a reflex save for 0 damage? That is so gimp. What was the feat designed to do...clear out trash on epic casual quests? Damage for each element is the same as a level 3 arcane spell (fireball / acid blast / lightning bolt) but they allow reflex saves for half damage. And this feat is considered so OP that it is level 28 only and you need to arcane EDs maxed. Lol.

its got a massive explosion range with 4 procs.... makes it a good shiradi group spell if nothing else

Guildie shiradi sorc said he never saw anything saving vs it, including guildie monks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Guildie shiradi sorc said he never saw anything saving vs it, including guildie monks.
    Meteor Swarm has twice as many hits and costs less. Go with Forced Escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Can anyone confirm that monsters aren't allowed a saving throw against Hellball? That would make this feat more valuable. A reflex save for 0 damage makes it totally useless for a Shiradi running more difficult quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxx View Post
    its got a massive explosion range with 4 procs.... makes it a good shiradi group spell if nothing else
    but if a monster makes their saves and takes 0 damage do they still get procs on those?

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    Meteor Swarm has twice as many hits and costs less. Go with Forced Escape.
    it doesnt cost much more and has a much larger explosion radius than meteor swarm, aslo ms when hitting a larg group and when your on the move, not all 8 will always hit everything, hell ball hits everything in the explosion radius

I wonder if Hellball damage and DCs are affected by bonuses and penalties to caster level? Meaning the ones that druids and sorcerers gain from enhancements and elemental forms, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxx View Post
    it doesnt cost much more and has a much larger explosion radius than meteor swarm, aslo ms when hitting a larg group and when your on the move, not all 8 will always hit everything, hell ball hits everything in the explosion radius
    hit reply by accident to fast and it wont seem to let me edit my own dang post so this...

continuing above.... Theres nothing that says you cant cycle ms and hellball together, versus large groups of mobs, hellball and meteroswarm are both constatnly getting chucked out from my shiradi sorc, hellballs biggest downside is if you shoot it off from a good distance away is that it has an incredibly slow movement rate.

As for saves and procs and yada, even if they save its save for half, you still get a proc chance. Some people dont like it, I wasnt a fan of it in my initial testing run. A guildy liked it on h is shairadi druid build so suggestedi take another look at it, and when i remeoved everything frmo it and started doing blast radius test and rate of fire test, and combining it with meteor swarm I came to really like the spell. Its damage per sp is horrible, but versus large groups its great for shiradi proc, besides that I see no reason to take hellball personally. I use it enough on my shiradi personally that im thinking about going to try a 16/2/2 build and give up ms and rely on hell ball. I havent decided yet, but its an option I'm looking at. Honestly its a spell you'll like or you wont, best advice, try it, if u dont like it, feat swap.