Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Hero of the People Golddragon87's Avatar

Default Dear Feather of Sun...

Hello there, I have seen dozens of posts on the topic of the loot overhaul and negative feedback regarding it. As opposed to making a joke about it or raging about it I figure I will try a different approach. Asking about it.

So Feather or really any Dev that would like to comment on the subject. What if any plans are there regarding the dissatisfaction of the current loot tables? My best guess is Turbine plans to weather out the storm until they can get updated version of the old loot back on the tables. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Also let me be the first to throw out the inevitable Ghostbane reference. "Give me Ghostbane or give me death!".
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Proud resident of Sarlona. Player of "Gilgimesh the Steel Demon".

The original plan for random treasure is what you see in game now, plus the following:

Items would rarely, in addition to the normal damage-dealing prefix they have, generate with a different prefix name and an additional special effect.
    These would include some of the following:
    • Meteoric
    • Tempestous
    • Infernal
    • Glacial
    • Erosive
    • (and more!)

They're related to the damage type on the weapon. So a weapon with Flaming could sometimes instead appear as either Meteoric or Infernal.
    Either a Shock or Screaming weapon could be Tempestous. There's enough rare prefixes to cover all of the prefixes that can appear on weapons.

The new versions of these effects are "procs", an effect that has a chance to occur on attack. They do things like, in the example of Meteoric, make a meteor fly in from the sky and smash into your enemies for AoE damage, dealing damage dice based on the level of your weapon, and forcing affected enemies to make a Reflex save of DC 20+Item Level or be knocked down.

There's also a lot of additional prefixes and suffixes for weapons, armor, and accessories that haven't been put into the treasure system.
    Some of these include Humanoid Bane (combination of Elf, Dwarf, Human, Halfling and so on...), a new version of Bodyfeeder that deals a negative level to your target in addition to giving you temporary hit points, and adding some more staple effects like Blurry into accessories.
    Many of the MotU multi-affix mutations have updated versions so they would be able to appear throughout more levels of gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    The original plan for random treasure is what you see in game now, plus the following:

Items would rarely, in addition to the normal damage-dealing prefix they have, generate with a different prefix name and an additional special effect.
    • Meteoric
    • Tempestous
    • Infernal
    • Glacial
    • Erosive
    • (and more!)

They're related to the damage type on the weapon. So a weapon with Flaming could sometimes instead appear as either Meteoric or Infernal.
    Either a Shock or Screaming weapon could be Tempestous. There's enough rare prefixes to cover all of the prefixes that can appear on weapons.

The new versions of these effects are "procs", an effect that has a chance to occur on attack. They do things like, in the example of Meteoric, make a meteor fly in from the sky and smash into your enemies for AoE damage, dealing damage dice based on the level of your weapon, and forcing affected enemies to make a Reflex save of DC 20+Item Level or be knocked down.

There's also a lot of additional prefixes and suffixes for weapons, armor, and accessories that haven't been put into the treasure system.
    Some of these include Humanoid Bane (combination of Elf, Dwarf, Human, Halfling and so on...), a new version of Bodyfeeder that deals a negative level to your target in addition to giving you temporary hit points, and adding some more staple effects like Blurry into accessories.
    Many of the MotU multi-affix mutations have updated versions so they would be able to appear throughout more levels of gameplay.
    this actually sounds quite cool. can i haz this stuff naow?
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

• Meteoric
    • Tempestous
    • Infernal
    • Glacial
    • Erosive
    • (and more!)

Dumb question here, but what was wrong with the old stuff? And why did someone see fit for a change?

I mean, I sorta understand the Acid I/II/III/IV/etc. prefix changes, but some of the other stuff was kinda cool. It made pulling random loot fun again.

• Meteoric
    • Tempestous
    • Infernal
    • Glacial
    • Erosive
    • (and more!)

On behalf of the community. Thank you.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

• Meteoric
    • Tempestous
    • Infernal
    • Glacial
    • Erosive
    • (and more!)

Convalescent. It used to be there, now it's not. Why?

Default Hey feather of sun,

Thanks so much for the quick reply!
    --Pealea, Peawee, worldpeas, givepeas achance, and whoopea on Khyber

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

• Meteoric
    • Tempestous
    • Infernal
    • Glacial
    • Erosive
    • (and more!)

I'm glad to hear stuff is coming back.

Can you elaborate on whether they're ALL coming back, such as heal amp and other sorely missed effects?
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

When do we get the shinies ?

Any chance we will get more active feedback on these new unnamed prefixes/suffixes before release?

.. and any chance some of the previous ones will ever come back? A lot of them were cut for no apparent reason.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Golddragon87 View Post
    Hello there, I have seen dozens of posts on the topic of the loot overhaul and negative feedback regarding it. As opposed to making a joke about it or raging about it I figure I will try a different approach. Asking about it.

So Feather or really any Dev that would like to comment on the subject. What if any plans are there regarding the dissatisfaction of the current loot tables? My best guess is Turbine plans to weather out the storm until they can get updated version of the old loot back on the tables. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Also let me be the first to throw out the inevitable Ghostbane reference. "Give me Ghostbane or give me death!".
    While it's great that FoS has responded and given us some much desired info about the loot situation, let me point one thing out. This isn't the first "polite and friendly" post regarding this situation and one might argue rather successfully that only after Ghostbane threads began to reproduce faster than a starship full of tribbles on these forums that we get some much desired information. Now, what would be great is a timeline of when we might hope to see some of this added to the loot tables.
    A wise man once said that if you don't know the answer to something there is no shame in simply saying "I don't know."

Im only sad I dont see Convalescence of Sup. Parrying items now . These were so cool. Will it be back too?

Default Lets give some good feedback here.

Here is a list of some of the effects I really like and would like to see not only return but would also like more of.

-Healing amplification. (Universally useful effect. Especially for us solo players.)
    -Vampirism (great affect that I have never really found a viable way to use. An improved version would be better)
    -Regeneration (as it is currently coded it is... lets say use impaired. A much faster version would be nice)
    -Warding/Spell proofing (Again invaluable to us solo players. Great for brawl pits as well.)
    -Primal (Good effect for shields on tank types)

Any other enhancements people miss?

P.S. -Any love at all for Khopeshes. (Not much community support here. But long overdue for us Khopesh wielders)
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

• Meteoric
    • Tempestous
    • Infernal
    • Glacial
    • Erosive
    • (and more!)

Not a bad notion depending on procrates and spike-levels.

For enhanced weapon variation appeal I might suggest tacking on a 5-10% bias for the probability of enhanced mutations showing up on the less inherently useful items. (Or more in the case of things like, say, great crowssbows.) (Heck, for that matter, a combination of tier+element+inherent weapon damage type might give a more meaningful difference when it comes to choosing piercing over slashing over blunt weapons, for instance.)

Since you folks are on a kick to encourage a broader quest sample run, I'd also suggest a similar probability bump occurs for mutation-groups in a given quest type/area.

Finally it begs the question of how much of this system will be ported over to the named and crafted systems in terms of maintenance. (And yes, what kind of timeline we're looking at here for implementation.)
    Last edited by Scraap; 11-08-2013 at 05:55 PM.

But...

Where did all the missing item effects go, and why were they pulled out?
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

Alright! finally some answers to the loot fiasco that came with update 19.

I can only hope this gets implemented fairly quickly as this game has gotten extremely stale for me. I'm sure its been in development for quite a while as there are a very large amount of effects to work with.

Please take this in to consideration for the future. -- Do not destroy a working system until a replacement is ready. 3+ months of looting chests to only find the same things over and over in each chest makes me grumpy.

That being said, Thanks again for the update. And I look forward to finding new and exciting loots once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland_D'Arabel View Post
    Now, what would be great is a timeline of when we might hope to see some of this added to the loot tables.
    That's up to the planners and decision-makers. :)
    Last edited by Feather_of_Sun; 11-08-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Will they appear in the eveningstar challenge lottery?

When will cannith crafting get some updates?
    I love you Abbot♥

This all sounds very cool and I look forward to seeing it implemented! I'd like to offer a suggestion though: as it stands, with certain weapons (Celestia especially), you run into the situation where your screen is filled with spell graphics and it becomes hard to see anything. Additionally, the sound effects from these spell effects going off can be a bit much. I'd love to see more weapons with other interesting procs, but if possible, could the visual and audio effects of said procs be toned down just a notch?

Those seem to be very high-level affixes.

Tempestuous is a combination of Voltaic, Lightning Strike and Slicing Winds.
    Meteoric is Blazing, Flaming Blast and Incineration.

When they did appear, it always seemed to be on ML 25 items. Will we see interesting effects on heroic-level weapons? Like just Slicing Winds or Incineration? Or is it an indication that development concentrates on what is now end-game?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast