Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Just to make one more observation/implicit request...

I wish it was possible to obtain boots that had both Springing and Speed on them, just as it used to be possible to obtain Springing and Striding on the same pair of boots. As loot currently stands, I've seen Springing appear as a prefix on other types of accessories, but never boots, which prevents it from being paired with the suffix Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by btolson View Post
    Just to make one more observation/implicit request...

I wish it was possible to obtain boots that had both Springing and Speed on them, just as it used to be possible to obtain Springing and Striding on the same pair of boots. As loot currently stands, I've seen Springing appear as a prefix on other types of accessories, but never boots, which prevents it from being paired with the suffix Speed.
    As a current solution you can slot a jump skill augment into the Jorgundal's collar.

Quote Originally Posted by 2pleasegimmie View Post
    "Along this line, the big nerf to existing item levels really wasnt a very good idea.".
    In fact it was a terrible idea that I haven't seen a good explanation for yet. Case in point, awhile back Potency items were all over the place and generally considered vendor trash by many players. Despite being considered generally useless and as I didn't have any of the uber gear, I picked up a ML 14 Potency VII (VIII?) ax. My toon kept it around for certain rare uses until the recent pass when it was booted up to ML18. If my item was junk at level 14, why would it suddenly become useful as an 18th level item?

This speaks though to some other ML weighting issues with items. For one, the + of weapons and armor is given far too much weight. Nobody ran around with a +5 thinger when a +1 flaming burst whatsit of pure good worked better at a lower ML. That same mistake is being brought into the new system. It seems an ml25 sword "has to be" +7 (or whatever the rating is) which only serves to raise ml on an item to the point that it is marginally useful and just for that level. . This problem seem to me to be magnified by the way the new tables are set up. For example, why is everything a Holy(I) of Ghostbane(VI) when what would be more useful is a Holy(VI) of Ghostbane(I)? How about just a nice Holy(VII) and forget the Ghostbane? I realize its random but it almost seems that the suffix is generated to use up most of the ML value and some garbage is inserted to make up the difference in the prefix...of course the old way wasn't entirely better. (Does anyone want to trade for these +5 Flaming Handwraps of Power I?...)

Also, as another poster commented, there just comes a point that certain things should no longer show up in the table or wouldn't have ever made sense in the first place. (...if it would sweeten the pot then I could throw in a set of +5 plate of Mage Armor...anyone?) Yes, I realize what random means but, randomly weird yet potentially useful to someone somewhere is one thing, randomly stupid is another.

Default Dear loot dev,

Thanks for the communication,
    Lack of this has upset the community a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Today, I've added the following into our internal development build. This is the build that will eventually become Update 21. Depending on circumstances and approvals, some of this may be able to be pulled into a patch before Update 21.

List of stuff

This is just a start. There's a lot more I'd like to do.
    Armor, shield, and accessories will get new things as well, as will spellcasting weapons.
    I can see the use of spellcasting weapons, gishes always have been popular
    How about 2 handed melee types and the inflation of mob hp? They need something good to deal with them.
    Many people i speak keep their 2hf melee's in heroic content, they find Heroic elite more fun then Epic Elite because they have the tools to deal with the mobs.
    All the 2% stuff you mentioned seem to be geared toward 2weapon fighting styles and their increased attack speed.
    Will there be 2handed weapons added that will exceed the ESoS dps? (and not come close to it like the Skybreaker)
    Will the named loot of U19&U20 be "fixed" at all?

Another point is the level of gear itself.
    Example:
    Running your main through Delara's tomb (enough times) will net you the Carnifex
    This axe then gets transfered to a lv 4 alt where it's put to work.
    In the past you could find amazing twink gear at high level and put it on your lowbie or keep it for tr-ing.
    This seems to be gone. WHY?
    Now its the same lv as the quest and binds on equip???? WHY?

Another pet peeve:

Named items:
    Named items used to be a sure thing,
    They were more powerfull then trash loot of the same level,
    They had stats you could rely on.
    Last night i had a lady friend burst into tears, she had been farming for the right version of a EE helm since Epic GH came out,
    Would you mind considering the following method next time:
    Stormreaver altar, place any epic dragon helm of your choice and change the +3 exep stat for another +3 exep stat or +8 stat
    Costing you 8 of each restored relic and X amount of heroic coms.
    Randomness is nice but somethimes we need gear we can rely on to tackle epic elites.

with kind regards,

Default Regarding Convalescence

The actual reason why most people want convalescence back so desperatly, is that pretty much all the loot that has Healing amp is someone old/outdated or the other affixes make it far from best in slot.
    Convalescence of Superior Parrying was just a great way to put 2 rather rare things in 1 slot.

Why not make things easier and give us more options to get our heal amp?
    Like:
    10% Heal Amp = Colorless augment
    20% Heal Amp = Yellow Augment
    30% Heal Amp = Blue Augment

And thanks for the replies Feather!
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

4 new weapon suffixes: (Bringing the amount of suffixes at each given Enhancement Value to between 12 and 14)
    • Humanoid Bane (Combination of Human Bane, Elf Bane, Dwarf Bane, Halfling Bane, Orc Bane, Goblinoid Bane, Monstrous Humanoid Bane, Reptillian Humanoid Bane, and Giant Bane.
    • Natural Bane (Combination of Animal Bane, Vermin Bane, Plant Bane, Magical Beast Bane, and Fey Bane)
    • Feeding (On Vorpal Hit: Target incurs 1 negative level, you gain Temporary HP)
    • Draining (On Vorpal Hit: Target incurs 1 negative level, you gain Temporary Spell Points)
    I understand the purpose of merging several Banes into one -- so the character does not need to carry bunch of specialized weapons. Problems is, such bundled Banes are likely to be epic-level only. Are you doing anything about heroic-level affixes? Those are the ones which suffered most in Ghostbaning. Are you bringing individual Banes and Greater Banes? Or perhaps smaller bundles like Human/Elf or Orc/Goblinoid bane?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    The actual reason why most people want convalescence back so desperatly, is that pretty much all the loot that has Healing amp is someone old/outdated or the other affixes make it far from best in slot.
    Convalescence of Superior Parrying was just a great way to put 2 rather rare things in 1 slot.

Like:

20% in yellow? nice, then I could remove my ToD ring. Until then, it stays.

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post

Like:

No, put them all in yellow please.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    No, put them all in yellow please.
    Yes, Yellow is the most under used slot as it is.

Also:

Please awnser my previous question feather (higher up on the page)

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    Yes, Yellow is the most under used slot as it is.
    Seems reasonable now that casters are getting uber must-have yellow augments (stacking +2 DC to a school) that melee should also get must-have yellows. Amp is the only thing that comes to mind as being on par with stacking DC.

In all seriousness, I'm good at putting my foot in my mouth and bluntly saying things I shouldn't.
    So here's one more:
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

It's gotten attention to this issue.
    Previously, the rest of the treasure work was a cut feature. It's been gathering dust on my hard disk.
    It has not been worked on recently.

During Shadowfell Conspiracy's development cycle, high-level decisions were made about priorities, and they had decided that the enhancement system needed a lot of work poured into it. The rest of the treasure work was cut, and I was moved on to enhancements.

In all fairness, the enhancement system revamp sorely needed it.

Here's where we let you all down:
    After Update 19 was out the door and things started cooling off, we failed to adequately determine what our next priorities should be, and divert the right resources back on to those issues.

Now that everything's been ghostbaned, indications are that we might be able to get a treasure system update out for the first major patch after Update 20.

I'm not sure what, if any of my original plan it will contain. That won't be my call to make.
    Once I'm given something concrete to work on though, I'll let the community know as soon as possible.
    I was stunned into silence by your response for a good five minutes. I'm glad to see our ghostbane response got some attention, and puzzled by the fact that you weren't allowed to finish itemization.

I take back what I said about you, and instead apply it all to the Producers---

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by gnarledmaw View Post
    randomly weird yet potentially useful to someone somewhere is one thing, randomly stupid is another.
    Yeah, but you must never dismiss the pure comic relief and genius of the classic featherfalling ring of featherfall.

I mean come on, that one's gold!

...J
    Thelanis: HoeLee, Rasminder, Cerinah, Arlinah, Shrenn, Rowkhan, Paladonis - Jakburton's Porkchop Express

Sarlona: Aingell of Death, KimberLee, Soullaris the Divine, Bendyr - The Order of Cygnus

If you actually used a Ghost Touch weapon for Dream Scourges before, you could just use a Ghostbane one for it now. It does the same thing.
    It sets "Ghost Touch = TRUE" on your weapon.
    AAAAAHH HA HA HAAAAA!!! You said Ghostbane!!!
    -Qetsil / Sickcat / Dorktastic / Belir / Peachfuzz / Fysh / Sometime / Segment / Skwash / Pyg / Swetn / Smurfingly, And 2 nameless others
    All Thelanis, all the time...FER SHIZZLE!

Today, I've added the following into our internal development build. This is the build that will eventually become Update 21. Depending on circumstances and approvals, some of this may be able to be pulled into a patch before Update 21.

This is just a start. There's a lot more I'd like to do.
    Armor, shield, and accessories will get new things as well, as will spellcasting weapons.
    When you do armor, could I suggest looking at things that make heavy armor desirable to wear, and aren't available to Monks?
    Designing armor with 30 pt resists or less PRR than Mountain stance gives you is pointless.
    There are builds based around different weapons now, maybe it's time to make a couple of suits of armor that are decent enough to forgo Monk splashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Khurse View Post
    When you do armor, could I suggest looking at things that make heavy armor desirable to wear, and aren't available to Monks?
    Designing armor with 30 pt resists or less PRR than Mountain stance gives you is pointless.
    There are builds based around different weapons now, maybe it's time to make a couple of suits of armor that are decent enough to forgo Monk splashes.
    The whole Earth-stance thing is ridiculous so maybe armor in general should get some love and not a specific suit of armor.

Armor - all armor - should have it's PRR doubled to make up for the Monk inflation. it's either that or nerf monks but we all know Turbine will never do that.

The original plan for random treasure is what you see in game now, plus the following:

Items would rarely, in addition to the normal damage-dealing prefix they have, generate with a different prefix name and an additional special effect.
    These would include some of the following:
    • Meteoric
    • Tempestous
    • Infernal
    • Glacial
    • Erosive
    • (and more!)

They're related to the damage type on the weapon. So a weapon with Flaming could sometimes instead appear as either Meteoric or Infernal.
    Either a Shock or Screaming weapon could be Tempestous. There's enough rare prefixes to cover all of the prefixes that can appear on weapons.

The new versions of these effects are "procs", an effect that has a chance to occur on attack. They do things like, in the example of Meteoric, make a meteor fly in from the sky and smash into your enemies for AoE damage, dealing damage dice based on the level of your weapon, and forcing affected enemies to make a Reflex save of DC 20+Item Level or be knocked down.

There's also a lot of additional prefixes and suffixes for weapons, armor, and accessories that haven't been put into the treasure system.
    Some of these include Humanoid Bane (combination of Elf, Dwarf, Human, Halfling and so on...), a new version of Bodyfeeder that deals a negative level to your target in addition to giving you temporary hit points, and adding some more staple effects like Blurry into accessories.
    Many of the MotU multi-affix mutations have updated versions so they would be able to appear throughout more levels of gameplay.
    This sounds great and all, but is there any kind of ETA? Is it scheduled for a specific update or just SOON™? The MOTU affixes were a really great addition to the game only to get gutted a year later.

In all seriousness, I'm good at putting my foot in my mouth and bluntly saying things I shouldn't.
    So here's one more:
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

It's gotten attention to this issue.
    Previously, the rest of the treasure work was a cut feature. It's been gathering dust on my hard disk.
    It has not been worked on recently.

During Shadowfell Conspiracy's development cycle, high-level decisions were made about priorities, and they had decided that the enhancement system needed a lot of work poured into it. The rest of the treasure work was cut, and I was moved on to enhancements.

In all fairness, the enhancement system revamp sorely needed it.

Here's where we let you all down:
    After Update 19 was out the door and things started cooling off, we failed to adequately determine what our next priorities should be, and divert the right resources back on to those issues.

Now that everything's been ghostbaned, indications are that we might be able to get a treasure system update out for the first major patch after Update 20.

I'm not sure what, if any of my original plan it will contain. That won't be my call to make.
    Once I'm given something concrete to work on though, I'll let the community know as soon as possible.
    Thank you for your honesty.

Any possibility of bringing back the really old, anarchic burst proc animation?

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    The whole Earth-stance thing is ridiculous so maybe armor in general should get some love and not a specific suit of armor.

Armor - all armor - should have it's PRR doubled to make up for the Monk inflation. it's either that or nerf monks but we all know Turbine will never do that.
    Back under the bridge TT!! Leave mah stance alone...someone healj this critter quick!
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Community Member

It's nice that Feather reacted for a meme, but still, Mr. Bloom did the same far better!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast