Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    To be fair, it's 20 + Item level so up to DC 50 at level 30. For EH quests that seems reasonable, but for EE it's a joke. It's not really the item scaling that's the issue here, but the fact that the DC needed to be effective in EE is often more than 20 points higher than what works in EH. This is a problem with the massive divide between EH and EE and not the item itself. EE is ramped up to 50 on a scale of 1 to 10. Unfortunately, EH is a 3 and we don't have access to any difficulties in between.
    What are you being fair about? I'm aware of what the DC would be - and its worthless. When I say worthless, I obviously have EE in mind because a gearless toon can complete EH while blindfolded. Any system that is based around being effective in EH will largely get ignored, as we've seen in the past with virtually every sub-par item or system.

It is the item scaling that is the issue, the DC needed to be effective isn't the problem here because all DC based tactics and spells are functioning pretty well around these high enemy saves at the moment. So, the item scaling is the only variable that needs changing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Hey there!
    I don't know where you're getting some of those numbers from, but I shouldn't let you mislead anyone with them.
    "Flaming Blast" occurs only on critical hit, not on every hit.
    Blazing is 2d6, not 2d12.
    When you use the actual numbers, your math comes out quite differently:

Old Meteoric:

Flaming blast: 1d10 on a x2 weapon ( avg: 5.5 per critical... as low as 0.275 average damage per hit)
    Greater Incineration: (avg: 14.2 per hit)
    Blazing: 2d6 (avg: 7 per hit)

Total: 21.475 average damage per hit.
    Hi Feather - thank you for working on the itemization in this game and taking our concerns into account.

May I ask what the eta is for when augments will be stacking with other spell focus bonuses? Because I have to get on that soon

Thank you!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910