Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Mabar Event Closing After Oct 31st

The Mabar Festival of Endless Night will be concluding earlier than previously announced. The festival will be available until October 31st, ending early on the morning of November 1st.

We are currently investigating performance issues with the festival, and will be working to improve the festival in the future, including addressing many of your "lag"-related concerns. We appreciate your feedback and we apologize for the inconvenience.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

What a shame. Thanks for the info though.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Community Member

Why is lag in quotes? That makes it sound like you think lag isn't real. It is real, and most of it is on Turbine's side of the client-server divide.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by rayworks View Post
    Why is lag in quotes? That makes it sound like you think lag isn't real. It is real, and most of it is on Turbine's side of the client-server divide.
    The reason is that some things that are described as "lag" may well be non-lag-related bugs or other performance issues, rather than issues related to the more traditional definitions of lag. We are well aware of the performance issues reported with Mabar this weekend.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

What about those that haven't had (for whatever reason) a chance to get their signets? 11 days is a lot of time to lose potential signets from...

Are you going to open it again or we have to wait next year?

Ok, who's opening the book on what potential causes there were for it?

I'm going to guess that kobolds were telling gargoyles how much they hate big boxes, and gargoyles were inspired by the same thing for those altars.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The Mabar Festival of Endless Night will be concluding earlier than previously announced. The festival will be available until October 31st, ending early on the morning of November 1st.

We are currently investigating performance issues with the festival, and will be working to improve the festival in the future, including addressing many of your "lag"-related concerns. We appreciate your feedback and we apologize for the inconvenience.
    is it gone till next year or do you plan on bringing it back at a later time this year?
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Community Member

Thanks for looking into this!
    The one the only www.mabartracker.com brought to you by Synergia
    AJGreen TRx7 Swashbucklin' 26BRD -- Cabowabo TRx4 FvS Light Build (28) -- Ahadiel TRx28 Paladin (28) -- Vyncze TRx5 13ROG/6PAL/1MK (26) -- Ochocinco completionist PM (28) -- Doubleporter Lame Ranger (20)

Community Member

What happened to "Don't worry people, Mabar will be around long enough for you to get the Signets you need."

11. 10-28-2013, 03:08 PM

Reason
    woops nevermind

Gooooood evening everybody and welcome to Whose Lag Is It Anyway? On Tonight's show...

"What do you mean the damage doesn't stack if they're on top of each other?" Blade Barrier!

"I can't cast it in the same spot as ice storm?" Fire Wall!

"I miss the old music." Otto's Sphere of Dancing!

And, "Actually not that bad here." Acid Rain!

And I'm your host, Eternity the Spectral Dragon. Come on down, let's have some lag.

Thank you. I can certain understand why you are not closing at this very moment. Some people have been able to get things accomplished.

I just hope that it will be fixed/adjusted that all level ranges can compete "equally" in so far as lag is concerned.
    I also hope that when it gets re opened it will stay open longer to accommodate the early shut down.

Maybe add Gremlins next year to the monster list.

Sorry to hear. The dev and planning teams put a lot of thought into the new goodies that made the place more attractive than ever. A +5 tome is too good to pass up. Despite the lag, I'm sure many players loved the changes.

My observation is that House Jorasco is the nexus for the performance/"lag" issues. Should that place get instances (as does Eveningstar and the Marketplace) while Mabar is up? Might help.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica 2nd Edition: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    (Stormreach Shadows updates are in indefinite hiatus.)
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more

Quote Originally Posted by RedHost View Post
    What happened to "Don't worry people, Mabar will be around long enough for you to get the Signets you need."
    When lag is failing 60%+ of the runs, it is rather difficult to get signets.

Community Member

Default Signets

They should just reward every character with a +5 tome for the inconvenience.

Community Member

Smile Lag Countermeasures

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Rapp View Post
    Gooooood evening everybody and welcome to Whose Lag Is It Anyway? On Tonight's show...

"What do you mean the damage doesn't stack if they're on top of each other?" Blade Barrier!

"I can't cast it in the same spot as ice storm?" Fire Wall!

"I miss the old music." Otto's Sphere of Dancing!

And, "Actually not that bad here." Acid Rain!

And I'm your host, Eternity the Spectral Dragon. Come on down, let's have some lag.
    Waiting to prepare all altars does a lot to alleviate lag. Many people have been having successful runs at all level ranges with that approach...

I hope you are just bringing it down to make a fix. I had hoped to get a couple more +5 tomes. I made the following suggestion in another thread that I am convinced would go a long way to fixng the "performance issues".

Please bring it back for Thanksgiving like you did last year...fixed this time:

I enjoy Mabar, but really wish ths summoning chamber would work properly. Lag Makes it unplayable. I have a suggestion that I think would fix the Lag.

Reduce the number of Gargoyles that spawn at one time by about 75%. To keep the challenge difficulty, raise the CR of each Gargoyle to offset the reduced number. In the intance I was in last night, I was in a Altar room and we had about 10 gargoyles spawn at once. If each Altar room had 10 and each lever had 5 at one time, that would be 60 Mobs + One dragon...not to mention up to 24-32 players in one instance. No wonder we get such lag.

Something drastic needs to be done, and I think this might go a long way towards doing that.

Exclamation Thanks for closing

I scheduled days off from work in advance specifically to take part in mabar this year. That said, I am actually glad you are closing it early and making that a waste for me. Almost everything I enjoyed from past mabars is missing this year. Last year had lag failures too, but this year it is every time for me and everyone I run with.

The loss of slayers for the monster manual is very signifcant and drops mabar down on events for me. CC gives a ton of XP, great gear, and slayers for even more XP. I really like that. Slayers in Mabar last year were great too, and since I kept having lag wipes on the dragon fight it kept the event enjoyable - it gave me something else to do and a reason to take part. This year, there is no point except to farm motes... for next year? Wiping from lag on the dragon fight isn't enjoyable, and I come to ddo for fun. Mabar isn't fun this year, so glad it is being closed. I really hope the issues are addressed and it can come back strong.

On the questions about getting signets, a nice add to the event I don't recall from prior events, if lag causes wipes on the majority of attempts you aren't going to get signets anyway. You'll lose the time you invested and unless you are saintly, probably not be in the best of moods knowing you have a long wait to get another shot.

Community Manager

Unfortunately, things changed. Sorry! We did want to announce the decision as soon as possible, though, to give people some time to get their signets between now and early Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    is it gone till next year or do you plan on bringing it back at a later time this year?
    We'll let you know once we investigate further, but we do not currently expect Mabar to return this year.
    Join us on Twitch!

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast