Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhelin View Post
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/10...-game-protest/ - not directly about the sit-in, but inspired by it and it's good, that the discussion about it goes on.
    I must say, I think everyone there had their good points, and I would wager they cover most of, if not all, of the gamer population in regards to this.

What stood out to me most, as I am feeling the same way right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick
    In-game protests don't work, but they're a sign that other methods have failed. It's a pretty good sign that it's time to jump ship because if the devs were willing to listen to feedback, they would have long before you guys logged in to whine and take screenshots.

This I think is what is hitting home to me most. I never plan to "protest" again for a game, when things have gone to that point, they really have gone too far.

The bridge sit-in on Wayfinder now lasts more than 132 hours, the three Marketplace Instances are still open.

updated Occupy Stormwind Press Review
    Screenshot Collection

Kudos to the protesters

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    This is a peaceful protest, not a riot. We want to make a point, not to cause damage. We also do not want to repeat the unfortunate experience of SWG. Wayfinder was picked for a reason.

DDO community by and large consists of mature (if not in age then in attitude), level-headed players, who at this point simply want to force the devs into an open, transparent dialogue after being ignored quite long enough. I'm positive that if lasting damage was the point, it could be achieved much quicker and much easier.

But this is not a prank. This is not an attack. This is a statement.
    I understand that, however it's not going to work. The only way Turbine will sit up and listen is if we are making things dificult for them, if we're not then it's just business as usual, they won't even notice. I'm not condoning crashing the server, but just stressing it a little to get their attention.
    Last edited by Edrogar; 10-24-2013 at 11:22 AM.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

I'm impressed with how many people are still turning out every day - awesome crowd!
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    I'm impressed with how many people are still turning out every day - awesome crowd!
    even more so with marbar active!"
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    even more so with marbar active!"
    Yep! Mabar and +25% xp and people are still there
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Edrogar View Post
    I understand that, however it's not going to work. The only way Turbine will sit up and listen is if we are making things dificult for them, if we're not then it's just business as usual, they won't even notice. I'm not condoning crashing the server, but just stressing it a little to get their attention.
    Between the forums and in-game demonstrations, I find it hard that they have not taken notice. Will it make them change their gaming philosophy, it is too soon to judge. And at the core of this, its about the philosophy that the developers have taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    I never plan to "protest" again for a game, when things have gone to that point, they really have gone too far.
    There's one comment, that impressed me:

I"m not going to comment on whether they're worth actually doing, but I'm really going to question all of the people flat out saying they "don't work." How do player's ingame actions not influence dev decisions? If a certain class is way overplayed or underplayed, isn't that going to warrant a look into why that is? If a new dungeon or area comes out and players, for whatever reason, aren't running it, are the devs going to go "well, they're ingame either way so I guess it doesn't matter"?

If this were about any other topic, most people would readily agree that player ingame actions shape dev decisions. But now apparently I'm expected to buy that it doesn't matter when players choose to drop whatever normal ingame activities they typically do (which, depending on the size of the server, can have a noticeable impact on group availability), gather in one place, and talk about how terrible "insert_thing" is and how this is happening entirely because of "insert_thing." And, in the case of DDO, this happens for multiple days in a row. WHILE people are talking about how they're canceling subscriptions and vowing to stop spending money in cash shops (turns out that logging into a game to yell about things you don't like and "voting with your wallet" aren't mutually exclusive things). Apparently this will never have any affect on the devs.

Seems a lot like a few months ago when everyone was mocking all of those video game related petitions that were popping up and saying they don't do anything. Except for the times when they do, or when developers/publishers came out and explicitly said they pay attention to that sort of thing. Apparently the idea that content providers pay attention to people saying they will pay money for "insert_form_of_content" is super controversial.
    Source: http://fyre.it/6wVOm2.4

Our sit-in does have an impact on Turbine, though they didn't acknowledge it yet (but they could, if they use this as an opportunity to show that it's not only cancelled subscriptions or players quitting what matters to them to think about player's concerns, especially concerns of players that do not write English that good to state their opinion on Lama forums). But the international press headlines that the least Dev posts were a direct reaction to the sit-in - and Turbine didn't deny it yet. They act like we protesters do

Those people who live on the East Coast could also make it harder for them. Plastering posters in the surrounding neighborhood of Boston about the changes would definitely make them take notice as well as those who live near WB. I'm sure there has to be a few individuals that live near these two corporate headquarters. May even give it some local/national news

I had planned on doing Mabar for the +5 tomes, but with no confirmation on bind status or requirement to run sagas for hearts yet, temptation will not win out. I move off the bridge when there is more confirmation and last night I told everyone on the bridge I would be last one standing if need be. I think its great people are still joining and last I looked last night, there were probably 30 people on the bridge and probably another 30 that had logged off in the past 24 hours.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I had planned on doing Mabar for the +5 tomes, but with no confirmation on bind status or requirement to run sagas for hearts yet, temptation will not win out. I move off the bridge when there is more confirmation and last night I told everyone on the bridge I would be last one standing if need be. I think its great people are still joining and last I looked last night, there were probably 30 people on the bridge and probably another 30 that had logged off in the past 24 hours.
    how are the numbers at the moment compared with yesterday at the same time? of course mabar, especially with the +5 tomes will draw a lot of protesters away, but i am curious to know how much of an effect it has had
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Community Member

I disagree.
    It's already showing signs of working. At least 2 devs I have seen say as much in the forums. They see us. They know we're upset.

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    how are the numbers at the moment compared with yesterday at the same time? of course mabar, especially with the +5 tomes will draw a lot of protesters away, but i am curious to know how much of an effect it has had
    Pretty much the same as yesterday. Average free time for DDO in North/South America starts in about 3 hours, then the numbers will increase again for about 3 hours and go down again when Europe goes to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    I won't know for another 3 or 4 hours when I get home from work. My character is still logged in though, unless I DC'd. I'm expecting less people with Mabar here, but I am still surprised there are still as many people protesting after 6 days.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

From the Lama thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Here's some things that are up for discussion here at Turbine. We're trying to come up with more public proposals Soon(tm).

* Binding of Commendations of Valor
    * Binding of Hearts of Wood (if these are BtA and the Commendations are BtC, you can still farm with an alternate character. And we can still re-use Commendations of Valor in the future for other items that we feel should be BtC, or use for upgrading BtC loot, instead of adding an additional new ingredient type in the future and an additional way to get that new ingredient. This is not a done deal in any case, as this also means you cannot combine ingredients from alternate characters.)
    * Additional ways to earn Commendations of Valor besides Sagas, for U20.
    * Whether or not Sagas earn Commendations of Valor at all.
    * Whether or not the methods for earning Heroic True Hearts of Wood are the same as the methods for earning Epic Hearts of Wood or Iconic True Hearts of Wood.
    * Whether or not we phase out Tokens of the Twelve at any point.
    * Whether or not we phase out trading in Tokens of the Twelve for Heroic True Hearts of Wood at any point (probably not).
    * What content you can use to earn various Hearts of Wood.

We're also trying to make sure that today's Lamannia release showing off other aspects of Reincarnation goes smoothly and that you guys have what you need in order to give good feedback.

I think we're having an effect

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    I think we're having an effect
    Yes, I think this too. Despite it nearly took 6 days to get a comment like this one, I'm confident enough that it'll turn in a good direction now. I guess no one thought, that we would keep the occupy up in a row this long (atm 137:50 hours). But it was a need. I want to say thank you, so dedicated to all players who joined the protest and still are on the bridge as well as to the Turbine staff here's my leaving present

all im waiting for is confirmation and either way I will leave the bridge. I feel like we are very close to an agreement that the masses can get on board with. im staying on the bridge for the time being and it looks like ill be missing out on the xp boost and Mabar at least through the weekend. after everything else ive put up with in this game in over 4 years of playing, its basically 1 thing that decides if I continue playing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    rofl
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Did you actually obtain that permit legally, or did you print off some copies using the dupe-o-matic 5000?
    Glad some of you got the joke, For those that didn't if you look you'll find my character "Inspiredby Mrrobo" in the occupy guild list and on the bridge when I can stay online I am not against the cause safe to say. I was just trying for some levity, If the joke didn't do it for you, I apologize sincerely, and will work on my material.

For the other guy that specializes in white knighthood; apparently doesn't get Jokes, and likes to stalk me around in unrelated threads taking unrelated pot shots, perhaps because his feelings are hurt over losing so many arguments so badly: hey you totally don't make yourself look silly or desperate to "get me back" when you do that so please keep it going
    Last edited by IronClan; 10-24-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Glad some of you got the joke, For those that didn't if you look you'll find my character "Inspiredby Mrrobo" in the occupy guild list and on the bridge when I can stay online I am not against the cause safe to say. If the joke didn't do it for you, I apologize sincerely.
    I found it in poor taste to interrupt this endeavor and what the people are trying to accomplish by dragging in that unrelated drama into it. There were enough topics for you to vent in, you really did not need to infect this one, in that venture, I guess I missed the humor, but, I simply did not find it funny.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    No, it is absolutely 100% true. There have been multiple people banned in relation to occupy stormreach and NOTHING to do with dupeploition.
    I they were using the LFM system to post about Occupy, then I could see them getting banned for that. My understanding there is a rule somewhere that it is explicitly for gathering groups to do something. While it's arguable that advertising occupy is exactly that, I could see how it may fall into "not being allowed".

That being said, unless someone can illustrate proof of the claim, I won't put any stock into it. I've been sitting on the bridge as often as I can since it started and I've been chatting in guild and in general chat about it all and they've never said anything to me. Remember, just because you read it on the intarwebs doesn't make it true.

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344 LastLast