Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aaxeyu View Post

That's just a small 80-man raid party.
    Attackbeast, Serana - Successor and Officer of the Cult of Ryliegh, Jahon - Leader and all members of F-Troop - Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by atkbeast View Post
    That's just a small 80-man raid party.
    No. Bridge Brawl.

Community Member

Default .

We broke the marketplace bridge. No one is able to move -_- Glad to see so many come out and show support. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by drausk View Post
    We broke the marketplace bridge. No one is able to move -_- Glad to see so many come out and show support. Cheers!
    Lag meet Wayfinder.

Wayfinder meet lag.
    Attackbeast, Serana - Successor and Officer of the Cult of Ryliegh, Jahon - Leader and all members of F-Troop - Khyber

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    Well last night was a rough night for me, I got off work, logged in again, and watched my toon Ungood, stand on a bridge. What's hard here is that I wanted to play, I mean, I wanted to just make an alt account, maybe give it some name fitting of the protest, and then play my main a bit.

But, I realized that if I did that, it would defeat the whole point of showing Turbine that I don't need to play this game, the idea of not-playing as a sign of my determination and solidarity. So yah, last night sucked for me, it was the second day that I had full access to the game, I even logged in, and just stood there, not paying.

So my mind started to ask questions about this whole situation, and a reoccurring theme started to play and I kept falling back on the same consideration: Why do things always have to come to this point.

Why do we have to outrage at Turbine, why are they not at the forefront of building their game to be fun. Why is there so much on the table about how to devalue the game to us as opposed to them putting on the forefront of their development how to make the game more enticing, fun and engaging.

When players are enjoying your product, they will spend more on it, that is the truth of things. So, I ask why I am I still playing a game where I am now standing on a bridge, because the developers seem intent on depriving me of a fun game.

This has been a very thought provoking "do nothing" event in my game life, and I am glad to be a part of it.
    Awesome post, I have to agree.

Default Wayfinder Crashed

They are trying to crash the server, me thinks.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by commando4290 View Post
    What are you talking about? I just logged into Wayfinder.

Yeah I'm surprised it crashed, seeing as it's general populance is lower than the others it should've taken more to reach capacity (I mean part of the reason we chose wayfinder was so it wouldn't do this).
    Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    wow. i actually made it to someone's sig! O.o

yay!

Um. have you tried logging into Wayfinder. Not crashed. The instance is as laggy as all hell though. Slid down the bridge on my backside trying to get to stand up and get to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by sdrocky View Post
    Um. have you tried logging into Wayfinder. Not crashed. The instance is as laggy as all hell though. Slid down the bridge on my backside trying to get to stand up and get to the bank.

Been sitting here starring at the load screen for 7 minutes lol... hopefully it will let me in.

11. 10-21-2013, 10:03 AM

Community Member

Why do we have to outrage at Turbine, why are they not at the forefront of building their game to be fun. Why is there so much on the table about how to devalue the game to us as opposed to them putting on the forefront of their development how to make the game more enticing, fun and engaging.

When players are enjoying your product, they will spend more on it, that is the truth of things. So, I ask why I am I still playing a game where I am now standing on a bridge, because the developers seem intent on depriving me of a fun game.
    That's what I was thinking last week. Why do we as customers have to spend so much time and energy lobbying the game developer to get them to avoid ruining their own game? I play Wizard101 and Pirate101 with my kids. It's exceedingly rare for their developer (Kings Isle) to do something that doesn't thrill their customers and there's almost no lobbying to get that to happen. When they do make a change that disappoints someone it never gets to the pitchfork level - they're responsive enough they're in the forefront fixing it. I've been involved with conference calls where they brought together some players to discuss what they'd like to see in the game. Not on a forum...an actual phone call.

Now granted...Kings Isle have grown both of their games far beyond where DDO could ever get - one company's products have mass appeal to kids and the other is a niche game for PnP enthusiasts - but Kings Isle didn't have the numbers they do now when they set up that conference call. They were probably around the same size as Turbine at the time. Since then Kings Isle has grown by ridiculous amounts and Turbine...well, they're still in business. It goes to show that in any business when you make your customers feel like they're the top priority you do well. When you make your customers feel that you view them as an adversary...not so much.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

13. 10-21-2013, 10:10 AM

Default first dev response

not having a dig, but just want to point out that crashing wayfinder would be totally counter-productive, and not in the least what i, or probably anybody else, wants.

16. 10-21-2013, 10:14 AM

17. 10-21-2013, 10:15 AM

Community Member

OK, so should the occupiers disperse now? I feel like we ought to give them a chance and see what they've come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by jonqrandom View Post
    not having a dig, but just want to point out that crashing wayfinder would be totally counter-productive, and not in the least what i, or probably anybody else, wants.
    It's instance1 thats laggy as all hell but instance2 it smooth. It wont load anyone into instance1 because its too full. So everyone else should be find.

Community Member Cauthey_No_CCInfo's Avatar

She slipped that so that it wouldn't be Dev Tracker tracked.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey_No_CCInfo View Post
    It's posted in lammania, so it's in the lammania dev tracker.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ytteri View Post
    OK, so should the occupiers disperse now? I feel like we ought to give them a chance and see what they've come up with.
    I'm all for patiently waiting what they'll come up with. On the bridge, in the market.
    I can quite understand they may need a few hours (or more) to come up with something, but see no need to disperse. YMMV of course.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey_No_CCInfo View Post
    Probably because technically she's not a dev, she's comstomer relatios.

the server isnt crashed. just takes ages to log. i believe were all going to run around a bit and lessen the load on the instance

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast