Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lwfloranzo26 View Post
    Alright, I've tried to be unbiased while reading this thread, but I just can't hold back any more. Here's my issue, and I'm a VIP AND a f2p player btw, I created the f2p account for bragging rights. After all, being able to sit back and say "Yeah, I earned every pack, every race, and every class without putting a dollar into the game" is something I would thoroughly enjoy (particularly because of some of my nay-saying friends). However, this is going to have a dramatic effect on my VIP account as well. Sure, I get 500 TP every month, but that was all spent between helping my guild, buying guest passes, and essentially trying to entice the new players to buy certain content. Now, with this, I'm going to have to hoard those TP just so I can get the full benefit of the game. I won't say that this is becoming a pay to play game, but it is definitely becoming a pay to advance one, which in recent articles I have read, are usually a bust. For example, Facebook games. I'm not going to say that I'll quit playing-3 years working on my toons, helping my guild, and farming for items is too much of an investment to walk away from-but I will definitely not be putting any MORE money than the 100 dollars a year I spend, if I do indeed keep my VIP.
    Now, as for your "This protest is because people that are NOT VIP do not want to have to buy content to TR" falsehood, I have already shot that down. I AM a VIP, and I still buy every expansion. What will I not buy? Hearts of wood. Why? Because there's a reason they were made earnable by the original developers, and should be kept that way. This new system is DDO trying to pull a Facebook game move. Here's the problem with that: Not everyone here wants to pay to advance...
    +1 Well said.

2. 10-19-2013, 11:15 PM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    You mean second PC logged onto brand new account on a level 1 toon standing on a bridge, while farming the shinola out of tokens to get hearts before the change happens on their main server, then yes, they are "standing on a fake bridge with a fake toon".

In other news, daddy needs a new midnight greetings, so come one come all and help me farm it in house D epics, ill pass you my tokens.
    Why farm for tokens on a game you will all be quitting? Now I'm really confused.

It lasts already more than 24 hours.

Join us on Wayfinder, Marketplace 1, on the Bridge of Resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Scope333 View Post
    Why farm for tokens on a game you will all be quitting? Now I'm really confused.
    Chai never posted in this thread that he would quit. But then trolls like you aren't really big on facts are you?
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    if the changes to TR do go live, there wont be that many coming back.
    Less ppl, less lag. Game is too easy for the need to make full parties. Even raids can be short manned. Therefore, the more that leaves the game permanently, the better it is for me.

7. 10-19-2013, 11:37 PM

All will be back including you. Every update the same clowns threaten to leave. Every next update those same clowns are posting again about leaving. Four years from now you will be at 20,000 posts threatening to leave because Turbine dares to try and make money with update 32.
    I wouldn't be on a bridge not playing the game if I was planning to come back after U20 goes live. ive threatened in the past and came close even a couple times. this will be my last straw unless they change these Commendations to BTA and either increase the amount these sagas give you for completion significantly or reduce the cost of hearts of wood significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Less ppl, less lag. Game is too easy for the need to make full parties. Even raids can be short manned. Therefore, the more that leaves the game permanently, the better it is for me.
    hope you got the money to keep the servers up.

10. 10-19-2013, 11:49 PM

11. 10-19-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Do us all a favour and just leave the game.
    you mean do the 3 of you a favor and just leave right?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    you mean do the 3 of you a favor and just leave right?
    no

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Actually, I compared MrMecha to Benedict Arnold. My apologies if my sarcasm was too abstract for you.
    Nice try but unconvincing. Your post made no mention of Arnold and was clearly comparing this nonsense to the Revolution. You obviously feel shame in retrospect and are trying to weasel your way out of it which is understandable.

The Benedict Arnold redirection was a nice try, however he was never a British sympathizer and in fact served well and honorably in the Colonial Army until he betrayed the Colonials due to being passed over for promotions. So you see, he would never have made such comments to the Colonials during the protest phase of the Revolution. I apologize if history is too abstract for you. Continue on comparing your video game to important/real life events if it brings you joy.

No problem, small people often need to try and feel like they are part of something big.
    I suppose that explains why you and MrRoboto are constantly posting here.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 10-20-2013 at 12:03 AM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    The Band of Gypsys

Nice try but unconvincing. Your post made no mention of Arnold and was clearly comparing this nonsense to the Revolution. You obviously feel shame in retrospect and are trying to weasel your way out of it which is understandable.

The Benedict Arnold redirection was a nice try, however he was never a British sympathizer and in fact served well and honorably in the Colonial Army until he betrayed the Colonials due to being passed over for promotions. So you see, he would never have made such comments to the Colonials during the protest phase of the Revolution. I apologize if history is too abstract for you. Continue on comparing your video game to important/real life events if it brings you joy.
    Predictable.

And boring.

But thank for your assistance in keeping this thread at the top of the New Posts listing. You are clearly one of our greatest supporters.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

17. 10-20-2013, 12:02 AM

Facts are often boring to those frothing at the mouth over something as silly as a video game. Run along to your virtual bridge, school is out now.
    actually it shows how much the players really care about playing the game and expressing how they feel about the changes. I think its great the community has come together like this to show how much they care and want to see the game continue.

19. 10-20-2013, 12:08 AM

Facts are often boring to those frothing at the mouth over something as silly as a video game.
    Better than being willing to bend over every time Turbine asks for it.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    The Band of Gypsys

21. 10-20-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    No frothing at the mouth, unless it's from laughing at you while drinking a carbonated beverage.
    I've come pretty close to that a few times today. At this point the forums are little more than a drama festival. I feel sorry for the moderators.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    The Band of Gypsys

23. 10-20-2013, 12:19 AM

24. 10-20-2013, 12:23 AM

25. 10-20-2013, 12:25 AM

26. 10-20-2013, 12:42 AM

Not 8 AM for me ( thus the botched screeny ), whatever time for the other side of the pond :

On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Not 8 AM for me ( thus the botched screeny ), whatever time for the other side of the pond :

Nice. I can see my alt.

Hero
    2014 DDO Players Council

Joining the protest.

I have supported Turbine in good times and bad. But, this change is just a blatant FU to the players. Personally, I have no issue spending money to support turbine (I own all the packs, expansions, pay for 3 VIPs, and spend a decent amount on TP). However, this change will drive paying customers away in droves. Fewer players, makes for a much less interesting MMO (you would be missing the massively and multi-player aspects).

As such I am happy to join the protest

-Ash

30. 10-20-2013, 12:55 AM

First off, let's not feed the trolls or justify the haters' responses with so much as even acknowledgement of their existence.

They don't matter.

Second off, glad to see we're in Day 2 of this. The protest guild is over 110 strong, there are Wayfinder natives standing with us, this is all good. The mix of people goes all the way from forum-famous to brand new and concerned. We're getting the attention of a diverse audience, all standing united for one goal.

See you on the bridge.
    .: Sarlona - High Lords of Malkier : Reaper Life 1, 2 , 3, and 4 alumnus : My Twitch : Trans and Proud : (she/they please) :.
    .: Inamorata (Goddess of Sticks) / Signalmixer (Vorpal Queen) / Darkchylde-1 (Fiend Voodulock) / Groundloop : Plus so many others! :.

This is a fun rally. It is nice to see so many players come together to ask for this problem to be fixed.

33. 10-20-2013, 01:18 AM

Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast