Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scope333 View Post
    Serious post here. I agree the change in hearts is unfair. That said, Turbine has to balance making money with keeping the player base satisfied otherwise the game ceases to exist. The problem is it seems a large majority (or a very vocal minority) seems to think the game exists to just provide them free stuff and gets up in arms anytime Turbine dares to try and make some money. I thoroughly enjoy/enjoyed the game. I find it boring now because the end game is tedious and I am done Tring. I was never an altaholic and basically just ran 2 toons. Have always been VIP, but other than the monthly $9.99, I never purchased anything else from Turbine. The 500 Tp a month along with the points I earned every TR life allowed me to buy most of what I wanted from the DDO store. I had no problem with the monthly subscription because I enjoyed playing. My problem with the game now is more about the boring endgame and terrible loot system.

My posts ridiculing the moronic protest are simply directed at those who are acting all serious while standing on a virtual bridge with virtual toons as if they are Rosa Parks. If their time is so trivial they can stand on a fake bridge with a fake toon doing nothing all day I truly pity them.
    The only one talking about Civil Right movement or Rosa Parks is you. I have seen no one else trying to equate the two.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

2. 10-19-2013, 07:09 PM

3. 10-19-2013, 07:11 PM

4. 10-19-2013, 07:22 PM

Lookout Wayfinder. I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    First, Meat-Head is exactly correct...

I think the dissention here is just part of a long line of things Turbine has done with DDO.

Starting with the "Vast and Mysterious" era in which no updates were done for a year. Yes it was caused by the court battle between Turbine and Atari, but to have a game that you love thats stagnates for that long takes its toll.

Then bring on the add wall offering Turbine points for going to web sites. But the security on it was challenged from the beginning. at least it was removed.

Add in the artificer fiasco, where the class was started to be available in the store or by favor in game. The problem was the favor would not be present until the FOLLOWING update.

Challenge xp getting nerfed.

Releasing the last expansion without a raid and BTCoE loot .

The Enhancement pass that was going to break amny characters. It did get fixed somewhat before going live.

Planning to have reincarnation reset epic destinies. Dropped due to massive complaints.

And now making TRing more difficult in game requiring you to run sagas.

Turbine talks about its games being powered by the players, yet it seems they are less interested in what we have to say with each update.

A little respect and honesty towards the players could go a long ways.
    Attackbeast, Serana - Successor and Officer of the Cult of Ryliegh, Jahon - Leader and all members of F-Troop - Khyber

To be fair, Tolero indicates that there are lots of changes to come. Maybe that includes better adjustments to the earning of Hearts. *crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    I would note that hitting escape to bring up the exit menu, then minimizing stops the auto-logout-from-afk process, so I actually doubt there are quite so many folks there actively interacting with a toon that's doing nothing but standing in place.
    Tested this. Fail.

Sorry.

You must be skipping over a good many posts then. Some of these people are serious as a heart attack. No problem, small people often need to try and feel like they are part of something big.
    It's not any thing serious so what? There's little as peaceful as a video game protest. The worst that can fly around is a few bad words I suppose. Hardly the beginnings of a real mob.

Why am I not there? Because I've got other things occupying my time. I'm glad people care enough about a game that they would want to make some kind of statement.

I like the gameplay. I'm just not sure how I think of all the changes. They change the very concepts behind why I play. Since this is an entertaining game that was once a hobby of sorts I like to keep in touch with it and see if I still like the feel of it. I don't much care for a system that says that what I've played for before is going to be essentially considered defunct. I'm basically asked to turn epic tokens into Hearts of Woods that occupy BtC space so that I don't lose a functionality of it. Otherwise those Tokens will eventually have far less use so that an already existing mechanic can be invalidated and a new one be put in it's place.

Or I can pay to bypass the play of an aspect of the game that was working fine before but now considered a new way to draw in money. I realize people cheated, but does everyone have to be punished too? Truth be told, I'm not even sure it is a backlash against the exploiters or if it really was in the pipeline already as a good way to generate new revenue. They wanted to make more off of stuff they were already providing us. New "reasons" to play stuff that they've already done and now create a "new experience" to sell to us. New reasons to buy old content with new trophies to shoot for.

I think they're kind of stretching the idea of what we should pay for. I guess we'll see what happens next.

I fully believe that at this point many many things are still up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Tested this. Fail.

Sorry.
    Odd. Use that all the time when I get interrupted by a client or sub-contractor... could be I play windowed, and meant alt-tab, or they might have finally gotten around to 'fixing' that recently. Have been more than a little busy of late.

Home from work, and Memnir the Dancing Bear is back on the Bridge.
    With lots and lots of friends.

I'll be AFK off 'n on, but the Bear shall dance for a good long time tonight. Come on by, say hi, pull up a nice piece of bridge, and stay a while.
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Two years ago almost on the nail, there was a thread where I stated that due to the mass support of paid convenience it wont be long before they start designing the entire game around it, and soon as the current level of paid convenience is saturated into the part of the community that is willing to pay for it, they will have to start designing new irritation into the game to entice us to pay to circumvent it. While furiously denied by the vast majority of the forumites at the time, here we are in that not too distant future, and what I explained would happen, has happened - multiple times over now.

Here is another fine example. But wait, it crosses yet another line, because you see, each time the players show the current mechanic is not irritating enough to make them just /sigh and pay the money, they make it more irritating. Remember the token drop nerf? Yeap.

Now theres still some hangers oners who still cling dearly to the excuse that Turbine needs the money so they have to do this stuff. What the enablers don't understand, is the very fact that their support of these p2w antics is what prompted Turbine to untether the profit generation from the quality of the game itself in the first place. Now that profit generation has nothing to do with game quality, and everything to do with store sales, the expectation that the quality of the game will improve is a direct contradiction in logic, as there is no financial incentive to make that the focus.

Apparently the first token drop nerf wasn't enough irritation to convince people to pay more often than not, so to the enablers I say to thee, well played, congrats on your second token nerf. You earned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Community Member

To be fair, Tolero indicates that there are lots of changes to come. Maybe that includes better adjustments to the earning of Hearts. *crosses fingers*
    The "lots and lots of changes" is part of the form when they post Release Notes on Lama. It's on every single version of them as they get "updated". It's been that way from at least eGH. I can't remember further back.

So don't read too much into that. I wish we could. :/

Tested this. Fail.

Sorry.
    If you hit ESC, pull up the menu, then click logout but don't confirm YES (and leave the two small screens up) you can ALT-Tab out and not be auto logged-off. I do it all the time.
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 10-19-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Community Member

Joined...Don't think I've seen this many people in one place in DDO in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    The "lots and lots of changes" is part of the form when they post Release Notes on Lama. It's on every single version of them as they get "updated". It's been that way from at least eGH. I can't remember further back.

So don't read too much into that. I wish we could. :/

If you hit ESC, pull up the menu, then click logout but don't confirm YES (and leave the two small screens up) you can ALT-Tab out and not be auto logged-off. I do it all the time.
    Will test. Thank you.

My posts ridiculing the moronic protest are simply directed at those who are acting all serious while standing on a virtual bridge with virtual toons as if they are Rosa Parks. If their time is so trivial they can stand on a fake bridge with a fake toon doing nothing all day I truly pity them.
    You mean second PC logged onto brand new account on a level 1 toon standing on a bridge, while farming the shinola out of tokens to get hearts before the change happens on their main server, then yes, they are "standing on a fake bridge with a fake toon".

In other news, daddy needs a new midnight greetings, so come one come all and help me farm it in house D epics, ill pass you my tokens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Community Member

"Rain or Shine we Stand Strong until a result is drawn. We Will Not Waiver!"

pc screenshot

Expecting to last to Monday so come join Us!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    One day longer, One day stronger!

Memnir the Bear will be joining the protest whenever I'm able. Probably AFK - but I'll be there.
    Hell, I don't even like to TR myself - and I can see that this change is one of the worst bad policy in a long line of bad policies.
    Glad to see you there. I see you caught me with your screenshot.

I did turn around and see my wife dancing with you though ;> Kinda of funny watching a bear and wolf tango.

Several of us from Cannith were on that end. (Though I do belong to a Wayfinder guild in my spare time.)

Edit: Saw you leveling up and told my wife, well Memnir is inbound.
    Last edited by wayreth602; 10-19-2013 at 09:46 PM.

We don't mind you visiting, but you cannot stay. You all must leave by the time your visa expires.
    Hey, some of us have long term visas/dual citizenship (Cannith/Wayfinder). This might not be our main server, but we have joined guilds (before today) and help out when we can.

Mind if we stick around after the protest winds down?

Quote Originally Posted by wayreth602 View Post
    Hey, some of us have long term visas/dual citizenship (Cannith/Wayfinder). This might not be our main server, but we have joined guilds (before today) and help out when we can.

Mind if we stick around after the protest winds down?
    Perhaps. If your papers are in order.

21. 10-19-2013, 10:16 PM

Community Member

Default Lies and slander

Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    You do not have to pay ONE PENNY MORE to TR after this change.

Run the Sagas.

This protest is because people that are NOT VIP do not want to have to buy content to TR.

You can be cheap or you can be lazy, but you can no longer be both.

I think it is a great idea.
    Alright, I've tried to be unbiased while reading this thread, but I just can't hold back any more. Here's my issue, and I'm a VIP AND a f2p player btw, I created the f2p account for bragging rights. After all, being able to sit back and say "Yeah, I earned every pack, every race, and every class without putting a dollar into the game" is something I would thoroughly enjoy (particularly because of some of my nay-saying friends). However, this is going to have a dramatic effect on my VIP account as well. Sure, I get 500 TP every month, but that was all spent between helping my guild, buying guest passes, and essentially trying to entice the new players to buy certain content. Now, with this, I'm going to have to hoard those TP just so I can get the full benefit of the game. I won't say that this is becoming a pay to play game, but it is definitely becoming a pay to advance one, which in recent articles I have read, are usually a bust. For example, Facebook games. I'm not going to say that I'll quit playing-3 years working on my toons, helping my guild, and farming for items is too much of an investment to walk away from-but I will definitely not be putting any MORE money than the 100 dollars a year I spend, if I do indeed keep my VIP.
    Now, as for your "This protest is because people that are NOT VIP do not want to have to buy content to TR" falsehood, I have already shot that down. I AM a VIP, and I still buy every expansion. What will I not buy? Hearts of wood. Why? Because there's a reason they were made earnable by the original developers, and should be kept that way. This new system is DDO trying to pull a Facebook game move. Here's the problem with that: Not everyone here wants to pay to advance...

23. 10-19-2013, 10:31 PM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    I will be impressed with anyone who is capable of crawling while having their head between their legs!

-JJ
    I could never master such a feat so I shall not try. Maybe we can read the future?

25. 10-19-2013, 10:46 PM

26. 10-19-2013, 10:46 PM

27. 10-19-2013, 10:50 PM

I will come back (if they fix this), but I think I will opt to have someone else's head between my legs.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

29. 10-19-2013, 11:13 PM

Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast