Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    I am most definitely NOT having fun with this thread.
    I find it highly suspect that this is happening after a large banning.
    I think people like being part of something big, even if that something big is stupid.
    I think this is getting a lot of support from people with no investment in the game.
    I think that some people are determined to see this game burn, and will go to any lengths to do so.
    I think there is no way that THIS is the issue that is going to ruin everything. Combat changes were much more far-reaching.
    I see huge parallels between this and what happened with Star Wars Galaxies, a bunch of whiners unwilling to change ruining it for everyone.
    I see the same 5-10 VERY VOCAL people stirring up trouble.
    I understand that it is ALL subject to change.
    I think there are better ways to go about being heard.
    While you speak some truth right there as I agree with a couple of points, when it comes to heroic TR it's still not a change that has to be made. Why make something that exist simply harder to get or even out of reach as a goal to be set to others.

Also while I don't play much atm, when I do it's a constant TRing train and I didn't mind to buy a couple hearts when I spent all the ones I had from epic tokens or I didn't wanna farm that one life. Knowing that i'd HAVE TO pay for every single TRs (that's 3-4 a month) would be a discouraging factor to even consider re-engaging myself in the game once I can spare the time to do so because I don't wanna run epics till my eyes bleed. I've done it for months, I didn't like it, I now know I don't like it... overall it's just no fun at all for me.

You can divide the number of hearts by 2 as I'd get at the very least 1/2 of it from favor (maybe not actually). But then again, will I use a 30+% pots at that one crucial moment I know I can gather crazy exp by chaining quest? Most likely.

I will not comment on anything beside the mechanic that I feel is endangered since... yeah. I guess i'm the one who derailed, i'm totally blind to that occupy thingy. My head won't resolve to take it seriously and I hope it's just a mirage hehe. Nonetheless, the message behind needs to be heard till a confirmation of change has been made.
    Last edited by Azarddoze; 10-19-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhelin View Post
    It's because we got the info yesterday: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e2#post5137530
    So the last sentence makes it pretty clear Reincarnation is not ready for preview.

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe that's why the comm requirements are so high?

They do not want anyone redeeming comms until it is ready, but they DO want to beta test the systems that ARE ready.

Protest is still HIGHLY suspect, and this issue is just a convenient lightning rod for the gullible.

Community Member

Intelligent adults know that the size of your crowd bears little relation to the issue at hand.
    People like to be able to say they were part of something big, even if they don't really care what the big thing is.
    Others simply like to cause trouble, they think it is fun. Occupy movements were an excuse to break the law for many.
    It is still highly suspect that this is happening so soon after a large banning.

I suggest Turbine researches the accounts involved in the protest, and then permabans anyone who only recently got back from ban, as well as suspending ALL free accounts for 1 week. Troublemakers are trouble, and this game is not a democracy.
    ... First, no one is actually breaking the law... well. Actually. You don't care about that, do you? You just have such a terrible impression of us!
    Have you also suggested your permaban and culling of the herds to the professionals you have met? You totally should. I have a feeling you'd meet with some great approval if you are right that Turbine doesn't want us around.

And sorry, I have never been banned nor suspended. And again, I am also not F2P.
    You are stuck with me!

Of course, unless U20 rolls with this... then you can dance with joy with how all these people are gone. I am just really not sure if Turbine will be dancing with the same tune.
    Last edited by MaxxieDemon; 10-19-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Community Member

You do not have to pay ONE PENNY MORE to TR after this change.

Run the Sagas.

This protest is because people that are NOT VIP do not want to have to buy content to TR.

You can be cheap or you can be lazy, but you can no longer be both.

I think it is a great idea.
    Who says teabaggers don't play D&D???

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2pleasegimmie View Post
    Aaaaaaand thread lock in 3...2...

Ya just had to go there, dintcha?

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Aaand to get back on topic, the Update 20 Killed Me guild now has over 50 members. Not bad for a few hours!
    I just wish the reason for all this wasn't so idiotic it never should have been suggested never mind taken seriously...

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Quote Originally Posted by 2pleasegimmie View Post
    What does teabagger mean? I have seen it used many times, but any time I google it I only encounter a bunch of American propaganda.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Protest is still HIGHLY suspect
    That's for sure - especially for Realists^^

Not sure, but do you always stick to the wrong way (changes to TR) to get to your target (Reincarnation)? It seems this way, otherwise you won't defend an obviously doubtful way the majority of playerbase worries about as vehement as you did and do in this thread. That Reincarnation is not on Lama yet doesn't change anything regarding the way it shall be accessible in future.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brendael View Post
    I don't think that a connection can be drawn between the two events.

Most of the people supporting this are people who TR on a regular basis. Most people who TR regularly are the ones who have invested a lot of time (And often money.) into the game

Once again, the people who are upset are the ones who have devoted a lot of time and money into the game. Why would they want to see it burn? That makes no sense.

This does seem to be an issue that is getting a lot of attention from the player-base. I doubt it will destroy the game but it has the potential to affect it profoundly.

If the developers make such huge, overwhelming changes in the face of the kind of resistance seen with SWG and now this, you should blame them for going against the wishes of their player base. Microsoft made the same arrogant mistake with Windows 8. In any business you need to listen to your customers, and failure to do so is the fault of the business, not the fault of the customers.

I see overwhelming condemnation of the new system by the vast majority of the folks who have learned about it.

Everything is subject to change. Turbine has a history of ignoring player feedback with regards to game play changes.

What would you suggest?
    1. Oh, there is a connection, trust me. One of my guildies was banned (rightfully), and he just got back yesterday. I am sure others did as well. The timing could not be more suspect. Look at my post history, you will see I was right in proclaiming 5 to 7 day bans for many, despite what Tolero said. Those bans end, MASSIVE PROTEST. Highly suspicious. Rabble-rousing.

2. NOBODY can say with any degree of certainty WHO most of the people are. It's all guesswork.

3. The thing about SWG was, they really improved the game, but nobody cared, they just wanted to complain. They didn't even TRY the changes, they just crashed a server then rage-quit. Bio-Engineering alone was worth all the other changes. About 6 mos. before the end, IMO the game was in it's most complete and playable state ever. Didn't matter, the rabble-rousers had done their damage, and it was irreversible.

4. I would suggest not future-tripping. Make your opinion known on the live and lamma forums, then wait till it hits live. If it is still disagreeable when it goes live, make a forum post about it, or if it's a serious enough issue, stop giving them your money. Choose a way that does not disrupt the gaming of others. Imagine a new player trying to run Sharn on Wayfinder right now...

I am a realist, and I understand that things change, and sometimes I do not like the change, but sometimes I learn to like them.
    I identify with this remark. Most things people have argued about over my time here, I haven't seen the need. I've accepted the changes and adjusted whatever I needed to adjust to continue playing happily.

However, for me, the numbers shown to be involved with this change are just ludicrous. That is my issue with this change.

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    What does teabagger mean? I have seen it used many times, but any time I google it I only encounter a bunch of American propaganda.
    ^^This. :/

Maybe about people who drink tea?
    Last edited by Tscheuss; 10-19-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    If these changes cause players to leave en mass. Kinda defeats the purpose I'd say.
    I personally would lose no sleep over those 100 people being gone forever.

I would bet that fully half of them are either minimally invested, or multibox accounts.

50 troublemakers gone = better community.

Also, the majority of players do not actually read the forums. They are busy playing and having fun.
    Apparently not busy enough, as we now have people coming to join the protest through word of mouth from other servers.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Community Member

I personally would lose no sleep over those 100 people being gone forever.

I would bet that fully half of them are either minimally invested, or multibox accounts.

50 troublemakers gone = better community.
    ... Well, so much for not making assumption over statistic as well.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    ^^This. :/
    Teabagging if i am correct wich i think i am is an action
    That was created in halo where after you shot somebody
    You can crouch your character in such a way in the face of your
    Dead oponent...

Well i let you fill in the blanks yourself.

Indeed, people like Memnir are minimally invested and don't care for the game. Stop speaking nonsense.

On that note, why don't YOU show us how much you've invested, or why you care about this other than being a buddy to the devs?

These people in the thread and on the bridge are some of the long-time, biggest-paying customers Turbine will have trouble replacing. And this time they're riled up more than I've ever seen.
    Last edited by Ausdoerrt; 10-19-2013 at 03:46 PM.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Quote Originally Posted by bartosy View Post
    Teabagging if i am correct wich i think i am is an action
    That was created in halo where after you shot somebody
    You can crouch your character in such a way in the face of your
    Dead oponent...

Well i let you fill in the blanks yourself.
    Never played halo.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    This game will not be financially solvent if the changes go through as is. Increasing the amount of grind required to do a TR by TWO orders of magnitude is simply not okay. Do you see how many people are on wayfinder or are in the guild? There have been hundreds of people stopping by over the course of two days. A lot of these people are very active players who spend a lot of money on the game, through experience potions, otto boxes etc.

Personally, I have made turbine roughly ~$10,000 over the course of 2-3 years. How much money have you made turbine? It is outrageous that you come in here to talk about financial viability when you've contributed less than 0.01% compared to all the people who are extremely upset about this lunacy.

I will be quitting if the changes go through as is.
    You hit the nail on the head. XP pots and Otto's Boxes. WAYS TO BYPASS HAVING TO PLAY CONTENT. Shortcuts. Now they are protesting having their shortcut paved over by a highway.

Claiming that you spent 3300$ a year on this product, then raging that it's gonna take 15$ to TR is absurd.

wait a second. is somebody actually trying to connect duping exploit bannings to the up coming changes of how to acquire hearts of wood? LOL! the changes have been in the process for months already and we are just now hearing about it because it just hit Lamma.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brendael View Post
    I agree with this 100%. However, companies need to work on striking a balance between monetization and alienating their player-base. If they chase too many customers away they will need to find more intrusive means of monetization which will force more players away. It will turn into a vicious circle where nobody wins.

They would do well to sacrifice a few pennies now for longer term financial stability.
    Maybe people should be complaining about the price of True Hearts....

Also, they could totally be using this time to farm tokens NOW, and turning them in for true hearts.

The protest is stupid, and counterproductive.

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast