Quote Originally Posted by lwfloranzo26 View Post
Alright, I've tried to be unbiased while reading this thread, but I just can't hold back any more. Here's my issue, and I'm a VIP AND a f2p player btw, I created the f2p account for bragging rights. After all, being able to sit back and say "Yeah, I earned every pack, every race, and every class without putting a dollar into the game" is something I would thoroughly enjoy (particularly because of some of my nay-saying friends). However, this is going to have a dramatic effect on my VIP account as well. Sure, I get 500 TP every month, but that was all spent between helping my guild, buying guest passes, and essentially trying to entice the new players to buy certain content. Now, with this, I'm going to have to hoard those TP just so I can get the full benefit of the game. I won't say that this is becoming a pay to play game, but it is definitely becoming a pay to advance one, which in recent articles I have read, are usually a bust. For example, Facebook games. I'm not going to say that I'll quit playing-3 years working on my toons, helping my guild, and farming for items is too much of an investment to walk away from-but I will definitely not be putting any MORE money than the 100 dollars a year I spend, if I do indeed keep my VIP.
Now, as for your "This protest is because people that are NOT VIP do not want to have to buy content to TR" falsehood, I have already shot that down. I AM a VIP, and I still buy every expansion. What will I not buy? Hearts of wood. Why? Because there's a reason they were made earnable by the original developers, and should be kept that way. This new system is DDO trying to pull a Facebook game move. Here's the problem with that: Not everyone here wants to pay to advance...
+1 Well said.