Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    Well last night was a rough night for me, I got off work, logged in again, and watched my toon Ungood, stand on a bridge. What's hard here is that I wanted to play, I mean, I wanted to just make an alt account, maybe give it some name fitting of the protest, and then play my main a bit.

But, I realized that if I did that, it would defeat the whole point of showing Turbine that I don't need to play this game, the idea of not-playing as a sign of my determination and solidarity. So yah, last night sucked for me, it was the second day that I had full access to the game, I even logged in, and just stood there, not paying.

So my mind started to ask questions about this whole situation, and a reoccurring theme started to play and I kept falling back on the same consideration: Why do things always have to come to this point.

Why do we have to outrage at Turbine, why are they not at the forefront of building their game to be fun. Why is there so much on the table about how to devalue the game to us as opposed to them putting on the forefront of their development how to make the game more enticing, fun and engaging.

When players are enjoying your product, they will spend more on it, that is the truth of things. So, I ask why I am I still playing a game where I am now standing on a bridge, because the developers seem intent on depriving me of a fun game.

This has been a very thought provoking "do nothing" event in my game life, and I am glad to be a part of it.
    I have to quote this because this is exactly the intention of occupy. In the very difference to eg. a shtstorm or ragestorm the protesters neither insult nor scream nor goad each other nor only drive-by-puke. The sit-in with it's power of doing nothing or "playing not-playing" offers enough time and space to speak with others in an even and peaceful atmosphere. And to let the thoughts grow. The protesters can develop a feeling of constructive companionship and culture but not a bloody murder screaming rage-raid.

At least I am absolutely convinced that this form of protest has a greater long-term effect, and the means remain civilized. This is quite new and uncommon, and thence may also be a reason for those who are the target of the protest to much more likely rage instead of the crowd, because they expect a ragestorm that doesn't come, eventually try to infiltrate incognito to make the protesters do what they "should" (like asking for the not existing leader again and again and so on) or at least to create the public opinion that they behave like everybody knows and would expect (like making the game unplayable for non-protesters or other things like that).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhelin View Post
    I have to quote this because this is exactly the intention of occupy. In the very difference to eg. a shtstorm or ragestorm the protesters neither insult nor scream nor goad each other nor only drive-by-puke. The sit-in with it's power of doing nothing or "playing not-playing" offers enough time and space to speak with others in an even and peaceful atmosphere. And to let the thoughts grow. The protesters can develop a feeling of constructive companionship and culture but not a bloody murder screaming rage-raid.

At least I am absolutely convinced that this form of protest has a greater long-term effect, and the means remain civilized. This is quite new and uncommon, and thence may also be a reason for those who are the target of the protest to much more likely rage instead of the crowd, because they expect a ragestorm that doesn't come, eventually try to infiltrate incognito to make the protesters do what they "should" (like asking for the not existing leader again and again and so on) or at least to create the public opinion that they behave like everybody knows and would expect (like making the game unplayable for non-protesters or other things like that).
    This.

Thank You!

Smile

Aye, Gandhi would be proud.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superhik View Post
    Aye, Gandhi would be proud.
    /facepalm

SO absurd.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Just a heads-up for the people logging in on Wayfinder or already in the market at instance 1: seems the server is getting trouble dealing with so many people. Please move to instance 2 (or 3 when it spawns) so as to keep the lag down? Let's not spoil things for the natives that would like to play

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Huh, I had no idea Stormreach had unions.
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

Founder

Default Why Do People Insist On Replying to Trolls?

You just encourage them...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatneil View Post
    Huh, I had no idea Stormreach had unions.
    Where've you been man? The Kobold Minion Union is one of the strongest unions around! No biting, no excuses!
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Community Member

The changes as proposed appears pretty bad imo.

Given the small guild I'm in I don't think any of our members have completed a single Saga yet, I know I haven't. We've all got multiple toons at end game and just keeping track of what Saga quests you need is a flat out PITA. of the highest order. Trying to complete a Saga while also pugging heavily is nearly impossible. If I'm going to concentrate on Sagas, I pretty much have to ignore leading or joining pugs to concentrate on filling the Saga gaps.

I only TR'd one of my toons once (since they were 28pt), but am getting to the point with my other end game first lifers that they'll be completely XP capped everywhere and have to TR at some point or they'll be running for only ridiculously low loot drops. If I've got to run another 100+ Sagas or even 20-30 Sagas to do that, no thanks, it was a good couple of years, but I'll move on to do different things. That's no more leading multiple Dragon runs, no more helping out other pugs just cause I like to pug, no more giving new toons advice on how to be a viable first lifer in end game content. I've never been a token farmer (except for augments when my toons first hit 20 pre-u19), but just got the ones I needed doing whatever was fun and involved other toons on the server at the time. I got incremental, but measurable improvement in my toons playing that way. Take away the improvement where I have to start doing things specific ways to get any further incremental improvement and see ya. That I just bought +5 supreme tomes across my four mains ought to tell Turbine what they're losing when I walk. If I wanted to pay money for something unfun to do, I'd do crossfit.

Wasteland II is going to beta soon, and Torment not long after that, both of which I kicked in for. If Turbine wants to see developers respond to what their gamers want, maybe they should pay attention to their kickstarter feed. I may skip the Wasteland beta just because I don't want to ruin the experience of playing the completed game, but if u20 reams players like the NYPD and certain immigrants, I may just go ahead take off early and let my sub expire.

I have zero issue with people sitting in on Wayfinder. I find it fascinating from a poly-sci perspective and will certainly discuss it w/ my prof. of poly-sci friend at a major U when I see him next.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    Just a heads-up for the people logging in on Wayfinder or already in the market at instance 1: seems the server is getting trouble dealing with so many people. Please move to instance 2 (or 3 when it spawns) so as to keep the lag down? Let's not spoil things for the natives that would like to play

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Yeah, moved to instance 2 in order to make things easier for the natives. I don't want to burden them.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Yup - just logged on a seen Market 1 nice and full.

Moved to market 2 to hopefully avoid lag for those actually playing on Wayfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Khalesh View Post
    Yup - just logged on a seen Market 1 nice and full.

Moved to market 2 to hopefully avoid lag for those actually playing on Wayfinder
    Which is filling rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by sdrocky View Post
    Just a please wait for more details post.... It could have been posted saturday....

And the more detail is going to be : the number you see are placeholders values....
    Turbine needs to understand that we don't want those placeholder values, we want to keep the tokens or something that can be earned at the same rate that is BTA at worst ( no BTC ) not tied to the Sagas.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    You guys had your fun, time to go home.
    Not your call.

The sit-in now lasts more than 60 hours, spread to Marketplace #1 and #2.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by sdrocky View Post
    Which is filling rapidly.
    Yep, we now have 3 Market instances! Thanks for splitting the party

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    You just encourage them...
    Their presence on the scene trying to conflagurate those protesting is actually good because it draws even more attention to the issue. In their attempt to disagree and instigate the people sitting on the bridge they are actually helping the cause, as all publicity is good publicity. It also brings out into the open the level one must sink to in order to disagree with what the virtual occupiers are trying to accomplish here. I think the one guy who was trying to instigate the most repeated the same taunt about how he - "thought there was only crybabies in WOW but now they are in DDO as well" - over 100 times during the time I was logged in over there. There are very few actually logically disagreeing, with most of the people appearing to disagree with those on the bridge behaving like they dwell regularly underneath it.
    Last edited by Chai; 10-21-2013 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    Yes, instead you should be very proud of yourself, YOU ARE IN A MOVEMENT!

Really making a difference, you go girl!
    I'm not even there, cowboy. How about you strut about some more and tell everyone about how you're a "real" veteran in a game where there are likely a lot more vets around that just me and how everyone should "thank you" because you volunteered for service and, consequently, cashed those crappy paychecks?

Unless you were drafted, of course, in which case what are you doing trolling in the first place?

(You can submit your DD-214 with name/social blocked-out to actually prove it, btw, though no one cares, anyway.)

ATTENTION: Perhaps for the first time ever, Wayfinder has three Marketplace instances.

It just gets bigger n bigger.

Should be a great crowd for Trivia Round 2 later tonight at 8pm EST!
    Exit, pursued by a bear. ~ William Shakespeare (stage direction from The Winter's Tale)

Community Member

Hmn, get back to me when you learn how to stage a real protest.

I remember my first ban in starwars galaxies, it was for taking part in a mass protest in c-net star port by thousands of payers on each server, causing all the servers to constantly crash all night, that's a real in game protest.

Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast