Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    That's a fallacy. We're on a video game forum talking about a video game. You are on a video game forum talking about a video game.

I'm not throwing my own veteran card into the ring because I think that was asinine of you to do in the first place most especially when you follow it with a snide "you are welcome". I can't explicitly tell you where to stick that attitude. You disgrace us all with that kind of rhetoric, so, thanks!
    Yes, instead you should be very proud of yourself, YOU ARE IN A MOVEMENT!

Really making a difference, you go girl!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    i started playing in 2009. i paid for a VIP subscription for 3 years straight and bought points besides in $50 bundles so i could splurge on all the little incidentals. after i dropped VIP i bought enough points to purchase every pack in existence at the time, character slots, shared bank, races, classes, and more. when MotUD rolled around i bought the limited edition collector's edition for $80 because i wanted the pets and the big panther. since then i have purchased several packs of points of various sizes. i've bought multiple armor kits, a supreme +2 tome when +2 was a big thing, many lesser hearts of wood, a true heart of wood when the only 20th character i had was my first, and utterly gimp. i dropped the points for a +4 supreme tome. i've bought nearly every cosmetic pet that i didn't think was ugly... splurged and sank nearly 2K points into a shadowfell regalia for my rogue.

now double that amount, because my husband and i both play, and we both spent about the same.

between us we have spent LOTS of money supporting Turbine... and we are all for telling freeloaders to pony up and spend a little cash to support the game. without cash inflow, the game dies.

now... i have 10 characters on one account and 2 on another, both VIP accounts. a total of 5 of those characters are 20+, one of them has been solo-ing epic elites lately on a quest to gain 375 PDK favor, 2 of those characters have both TRed twice. a third is now on life 4 on an intended completionist journey, and i'm not kidding when i say journey. i don't use XP pots except in the rare occurrence that my TR partner gets a bit ahead of me, i don't spam-repeat the same few tired "ideal XP-farm" quests. i do every quest in the game. on elite. methodically starting at 1st level. (i'll admit, last life we skipped a few of the more odious ones... but...) there are very few quests i hate to the point that i will only do under duress, and i have no issue with doing Eberron or Forgotten Realms. i LIKE the sagas.

HOWEVER.

going from being able to do 20-40 runs of any epic quest i feel like (oh hey, my whim and whimsey says i want to get another eElyd's Edge for one of my other bards, let me go run Sentinels!.. oh, hey, my AA completionist project wants an eKronzek's Cruelty for giggles, let me run stuff from Carnival!... screwit i want a fast token and a good intense fight to get my blood pumping - Devil Assault it is!) to needing to run the same narrow little band of quests literally HUNDREDS OF TIMES is just ludicrous no matter HOW you slice it. and adding to the crazy is the fact that these new ingredients (NEW INGREDIENTS OMG) are bound to CHARACTER. i can't run EE saga on my bard who's trying to get the dang thing done anyway for favor and pass them to my TR project like i can now.

so no. this is bad. really.. REALLY... bad for the enjoyment of the game.
    You get 500 TP per month with VIP.
    Buy a heart and move on. Doesn't cost anything extra.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    Actually, surprisingly, many people still don't know about the issue (or didn't as of yesterday). Many also know about the issue but not about the Wayfinder sit-in.
    I have seen plenty of people in your protest asking what the protest is about.

It's hilarious.

4. 10-21-2013, 02:32 AM

Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    I have seen plenty of people in your protest asking what the protest is about.

It's hilarious.
    Nope, it's normal. Educating, really. Too bad you were there to see it, and learned nothing.

You laughed when I said the rabble-rousers were looking for media attention.
    Citation needed.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sdrocky View Post
    Oh nice. so now i can be persecuted for having an opinion.

Hmm. reminds me of a war i once heard about. One that was against persecution.
    It's not persecution, you are in violation of the EULA.

Comparing this to war is asinine.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kazeikan View Post
    Any publicity is good publicity. Knowing Turbine they will just readjust the number of commendations needed for heart or up the commendation rate.
    Pretty much what I have been saying all along.

8. 10-21-2013, 02:40 AM

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

50 people online in the guild, you're an awesome crowd
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Citation needed.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Community Member

What people like you fail to realize is that the damage to the community that things like this do is far more likely to have long-term, happy players leave for a nicer community. COMMUNITY, not MOB. God forbid there is a write-up about this in trade publications. This is what the real trouble makers want. Permanent damage. I see you as a dupe, who fell for their plot, and bought the propaganda.
    Citation.

Citation.
    Citing yourself does what again?

Community Member

Citation needed.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online
    TURBINE, INC.
    DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE®
    Code of Conduct

The Code of Conduct (COC) that governs player behavior while playing Dungeons&Dragons® Online and participating on the Dungeons&Dragons Online Website.

The Code of Conduct is designed to make everyone's game experience as enjoyable as possible. Failure to follow the Code of Conduct may result in the suspension or termination of your Dungeons&Dragons Online account without refund.

While participating in Dungeons&Dragons Online, you must respect the rights of others to play and enjoy the game world as intended by Turbine, Inc.

While playing the game or participating in the Dungeons&Dragons Online service, you may not exhibit or partake in generally disruptive behavior causing grief or alarm to other players or degrade the Dungeons&Dragons Online service performance or other players' client software (for example, deliberately using game bugs or loopholes to disrupt the game).

You may not spam or flood with multiple posts the game chat or the official Web features.

My bad, not the EULA, but the CoC.
    Relevant Citations.

None of the above took place. Next?

15. 10-21-2013, 03:12 AM

Community Member

Generally disruptive behavior, forums and in-game.

17. 10-21-2013, 03:20 AM

You asked me to cite where I said the rabble-rousers sought media attention to create trouble for the game.
    No I asked you to cite where people laughed maliciously. IIRC, most pointed out that this will actually be beneficial for the game - IF Turbine responds well to the complaints.

Call me a troll all you want, but you are the ones hanging out at the bridge.

Lagging up the place, peeing in the Waterworks....
    At least we're on it, not under...

We picked Wayfinder for a reason, you know.

Comparing this to war is asinine.
    how?

and i wasn't comparing anything to a war. i was stating that being persecuted for having an opinion reminded me of something.

Also, dont u live in some Forgoten Cavern.

Community Member

No I asked you to cite where people laughed maliciously. IIRC, most pointed out that this will actually be beneficial for the game - IF Turbine responds well to the complaints.

At least we're on it, not under...

We picked Wayfinder for a reason, you know.
    So are you the founder and leader of this movement?

So are you the founder and leader of this movement?
    Gosh, are you guys reading off a script? This is a rally of players in solidarity with each other over the same issue, not a political campaign. Everyone is there because and as long as they want to be, we NEED no leadership.

On that note, who are you the leader of?

Quote Originally Posted by sdrocky View Post
    Also, dont u live in some Forgoten Cavern.

Nope, he lives in a certain secret laboratory being run by agents of the Emerald Claw under House Phiarlan

It's better not to feed the trolls.

23. 10-21-2013, 03:56 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Jingwei View Post
    It's better not to feed the trolls.
    Why not. When they are big and juicy they taste better.

I eat trolls.

They yummy.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

The protest is a lot less disruptive than the PvP in harbor, and since that is allowed, the protest surely is just fine.

In any case:

We shall not, we shall not be moved
    We shall not, we shall not be moved
    The bridge is below us
    We shall not be moved
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast