Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

And the protest still continues!!! About 50 players online on the bridge. Come, join us!

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    And the protest still continues!!! About 50 players online on the bridge. Come, join us!
    It's cool to see so many people there Let's keep it going, guys and gals!
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Thinking about coming up with some Trivia Questions to shout out to the Occupiers tomorrow, Sunday the 20th. If I can, I'll try to brew up some questions that cover pop-culture, gaming, movies/TV stuff, D&D + DDO trivia - etc.

I work at 2:30pm PST, so this would be kinda on the early-side. I'm thinking around noon PST (3pm EST).

I have no prizes to give out - but I think it'd be fun none the less. Bragging rights are the best prize, right?
    way to go Mem

Fin*

Hunters of wayfinder

/joined

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by jonqrandom View Post
    /joined
    Welcome to the party
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Very nice to see the crowd grow. Been trying to spread the word among guildies as well as on other servers.

The Update Twenty Killed Me guild is now 130 member strong. Way to go! I don't think this could have happened in any other game - I don't know one with a community this good and strong, and with developers ignoring it this hard. These will be the days to remember even after DDO is gone.

Meanwhile, here are some screenshots, front and back!

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Quote Originally Posted by phalaeo View Post
    I'd love to call out the idiots in this thread by name. It'd be worth the infraction.

Unfortunately, it'd also get the thread shut down.
    I don't know if it's still going on, but I'd be willing to make a toon over there to protest. These new changes are ridiculous.
    the idiots are obvious. You can tell as they really have no idea what the protest is about.

The Hatchery

Awesome pics Thanks for coming everyone, hope we'll keep it going

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

off to work!

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    off to work!
    Work well, and see you at Wayfinder later

I've been thinking, it would be nice to prepare a short but sweet press-release from the game's community. That way, if the devs decide to gloss over the issue or misrepresent it, we will have a response ready. What does everyone think?
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    If you only own Gianthold, that might be valid, but there is more than one saga out there, and they all have both an Epic AND heroic version, so you can actually split the comm farming between the two.

Far too many people got spoiled abusing the short completion times of Epic Carnival.

You can still enjoy the entire game, again and again, you just have to do it less like a bull charging red cape.
    According to the wiki, there are currently 6 epic sagas. I believe the necessary comms only drop from the epic ones. That means repeating entire sagas more than 8 times each to get a single true heart. Seems like they're also BtC, so you can't even vary the play experience by running them on various alts in order to TR one toon. All of the runs have to be on that one toon.

You can cast all of the aspersions you want to, I suppose. At this point, I'm just assuming you're a troll trying to keep everyone worked up.

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't really have an issue with needing to run each of the sagas once in order to TR. By doing that, I would have experienced pretty much all of the post-level-20 content on the toon. Requiring so much repetition, however, seems punitive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by walkin_dude View Post
    Speaking for myself, I wouldn't really have an issue with needing to run each of the sagas once in order to TR. By doing that, I would have experienced pretty much all of the post-level-20 content on the toon. Requiring so much repetition, however, seems punitive to me.
    Another problem with this is that you have to buy the content to do that, even if the numbers were cut down to what you're saying. For example, I have no desire to spend money on Shadowfell, as I've heard nothing but bad things about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scope333 View Post
    Ironic statement since I'm willing to bet you have spent more (time and money) on this game than I have. But you misunderstand, I agree with you. Turbine should not charge for anything. The entire game should be free. Their workers and developers should toil for the players enjoyment only with no thought of being paid for their work. Your grasp of how goods and services play a part in an economy is astounding so who am I to disagree. I wish you luck on your climb to 5,000 posts.
    you obviously do not understand why we are protesting.

We are not against Turbine making money. far from it. Most people i talked with on the bridge were VIP. what we are protesting against is the change in the way we are able to grind out heroic true hearts of wood. This change will mean that not only will you have to be either VIP or own expansion packs/quest packs released post update 14 to even be able to do it, but will also increase the grind approximately by the power of 10 if not more. That and the fact that to most people their tokens will, over night, become worthless.

The actual process of TRing i myself have no issue with. This is also because we, the players, voiced our opinions and Turbine heard us. As they also did with the enhancement pass.

Fin*

hunters of wayfinder.

Community Member

Why isn't there a rebel leader?

Quote Originally Posted by uncleblue View Post
    Yup, I totally missed that one word in a massive Release notes post. Burn me at the stake.

Sounds like allowing for comms in Heroic saga completions lists would go a long way towards making things right.

If this thread were asking for that, I would fully support it. It doesn't. It encourages what amounts to trying to crash the server.

We are also forgetting that there will be more sagas in the future, for even more quest diversity.
    According to the wiki, there are only three (3) heroic sagas. It wouldn't make that much difference. You'd have to complete all of them 6+ times instead of 8+ times. And this isn't even considering the idea that people might occasionally like to have one of the other rewards for a saga completion.

Community Member HedgeHogShadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    His name is Quatto, and we haven't found him yet.
    Occupy Stormreach

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Dear temporary Turbine employee,

You belong under the bridge, not on it. Also, are you getting above minimum wage?

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    The original plan for Epic Reincarnation included wiping ED's. The protest against that burned far longer than the weekend, and Turbine noticed. They changed the plan.

Moral: Our opinion does matter, when it is clearly reflected by the majority.
    And there was a lot less stink about that than this.

I don't remember seeing any in game protests.

Quote Originally Posted by sdrocky View Post
    And there was a lot less stink about that than this.

I don't remember seeing any in game protests.
    Not only ingame protests. But a nerdrage all over multiple channels. I can´t remember having ingame protests, forum wars and going to the media on one single topic. This time they simply crossed a line.

Personally, there was some anger brewing within the player base for quite a while. The whole SC fiasco, the missing endgame, the all-too-open money grabbing. And now it had to errupt. They simply over-extended our nerfs.

Getting too greedy too fast never is good business.

21. 10-20-2013, 09:35 AM

Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast