Well I've read most of the moral yadda-yadda people been talking about in the forums about the exploit. This is not the first big exploit that I've seen on DDO and I'm pretty sure it won't be the last. To me, what matters is simple: this could be the beginning of the end for Dungeons and Dragons Online.

I don't know how Turbine will handle this but from what I've seen on G-land (the server the exploiters didn't hurt as much as others so far) there were just TOO MANY people using the exploit. WAY TOO MANY. People have talked about permabans and such but I'm sure Turbine cannot permaban the exploiters. As said on other threads, the game would become a wasteland.

I've read people criticizing Turbine for how they handled this but, trust me, so far they did the right thing, except for the fact they should have closed the gameworlds unless the hotfix was really hard to develop. They can ban people for 3-14 days and stuff but more than that (and banning ALL the exploiters) will be like shooting their own feet with a handgun.

I was around when the Mabar ban-a-pallooza happened, and got banned too even though I didn't do anything. I saw the chest-a-pallooza and saw DOOMERS saying it was DDO's DOOM. But it didn't happen. This time is different though. Information about the exploit has been around for a week or so and it got even worse in the past 3 days.

Well, lets wait and see what Turbine will do. This was the worst and biggest exploit I've ever seen in these 3 or so years I've been playing the game. But this time I believe only Turbine can save DDO by not turning the servers into ghostowns.

This could really be the beginning of the end for DDO.