Community Member

Angry Peeved seriously

Ever since the new "enhancements" have come out the ONE character i could solo on has been ruined. My ranger could go out to EGH and solo dragons and clear the whole zone with no problems. Now I see no plus 5 arrows, her hits are horrid and the bow damage sucks. Please note she is a lvl 25 ranger. NO MUNCHER, fighter, barb mix just pure ranger, I redid her 2 times finally got her HP back to 809 with buffs, but her damage is only 60-70 range, before was higher, much higher.

I don't see why I should have to REBUILD my dang toon to fit into the new system to get her back to the way she was is NEVER going to happen. Seriously I get people telling me you need to go MUNCHER now...darn it why should i HAVE to add in other classes when as a ranger I should have my PLUS 5 arrows, Arties still have plus 6 arrows. Come on Turbine WHY??

Is it an oversight as to the not getting the plus 5 arrows anymore? Or is the lovely new enhancements supposed give us the equivalent of plus 5 arrow...BULL PUCKY I say.

I don't need someone telling me i have to, should have, or would have done better as a mixed class. I didn't before the changes came out so why should i HAVE to change my character so drastically now??

To top it all off She is a halfling ranger who was **** good, 2nd life, have all the packs, bought points ect. I seriously cannot stand to play the character who was once one of my favorites.
    Its pathetic she isn't the only halfling character i have everyone of them have had to have a major overhaul to be played. The other ones i have is halfling monk 25, and 23 Kensai fighter (2monk 21 fighter).

I just don't get it, really i don't; for some the enhancements are great, very happy with my clerics heal now, and my FVS.

However the big question is ..WHEN AM I GETTING MY PLUS 5 ARROWS BACK, don't give give me the line of the enhancements equal a plus 5 either because before with full buff was 50 plus now it is only 31.80...

why is this i wonder, changes to bow damage, yeah i get that but hello even with the full run of arrow buffs and enhancements damage still sucks.

I am not putting this out here to hate on mixed classes because i don't, i have a few myself. However for a character that was fully functional before the new "enhancements" came out and now is horrid im seriously peeved. I hate having to post here but this has been bugging me for a long while, i have redone, reset and reworked my toons Still not what they were. Is there a problem with the halfling race, making it broken and not worth playing like the warforged who got "Fixed"? I would like to know.

Azinrak 25 ranger Khyber
    Azinkie 25 Monk Khyber
    Last edited by Nessann; 10-06-2013 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessann View Post
    I am not putting this out here to hate on mixed classes because i don't, i have a few myself. However for a character that was fully functional before the new "enhancements" came out and now is horrid im seriously peeved. I hate having to post here but this has been bugging me for a long while, i have redone, reset and reworked my toons Still not what they were. Is there a problem with the halfling race, making it broken and not worth playing like the warforged who got "Fixed"? I would like to know.
    MY Ranger WF isn't seeing any benefits

What "fix: did WF get?
    The only WF "Fix" I saw was the kind pets get in a Veterinarian's office... the neutering kind

WF PRR still doesn't calculate correctly.
    cant swap weapons or use scrolls with Weapon attachment. long attaching animation and cool down, let a lone high point cost investment for +.5 weapon damage.
    WF now have to choose between improved reconstruction and healers friend (selecting one locks out the other.
    No Dragonmark to dump points into for something kind of maybe useful.

Halfling still has better synergy with the Ranger class.

Pure Rangers capstone is still sucky vs a Multi-class split.. least we have +20 LR stones to address that part...
    a race change option requires a TR...ugh...
    Last edited by JOTMON; 10-06-2013 at 03:35 AM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Do you still use a korthos bow where arrow enhancement bonus means something?

Community Member

the whole warforge getting "fixed" was a joke, when they took the poison immunity ect away.

No i use Pinion, who would still be using a crappy korthos bow at 20 plus? I have reason to be mad, frustrated whatever when a toon is broken that used to work fine before doesn't now.

Whats the answer we may never know but i would like whatever is not working correctly, bugged, deliberately broken or just frelled to heck and gone fixed.

I enjoyed playing my ranger before. Now she couldn't fight her way out of a wet paperbag.

Azinrak 25 ranger
    Azinkie 25 monk
    Last edited by Nessann; 10-06-2013 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessann View Post
    No i use Pinion, who would still be using a crappy korthos bow at 20 plus?
    Pinion has +7, so +5 arrows would be of no use.

Ghallanda: Kruppe f13 - Pryas c16/f1 - Gimso f16/p4/e1 - Zarnax ra16/ro1 - Jeraldim a6 - Angerer s18/p2/e1
    Thelanis: Zarna ra18/ro1/f1/e8 - Jeraldim w16/ro2/f2/e1 - Roboco second life

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    cant swap weapons or use scrolls with Weapon attachment. long attaching animation and cool down, let a lone high point cost investment for +.5 weapon damage.
    Don't you weapon attachment if you have an issue with it? At least it's an option and exists.

WF now have to choose between improved reconstruction and healers friend (selecting one locks out the other.
    Yep, more options. You didn't get improved reconstruction pre-enhancement pass. We better remove it, taking away that choice would help?

No Dragonmark to dump points into for something kind of maybe useful.
    Because you're a toaster. At least drow have something to complain about. (Still, you could paint one on)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stonen View Post
    Pinion has +7, so +5 arrows would be of no use.
    For attack roll, there would be no difference, but +5 arrows provide additional 4 damage per hit compared to +1 arrows. At least, that's how I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Replliw View Post
    For attack roll, there would be no difference, but +5 arrows provide additional 4 damage per hit compared to +1 arrows. At least, that's how I understand it.
    The bonus enchantment (+7 in this case) of the bow does not stack with the arrows (+5). Only the higher one applies.
    Agro - Paryan, Pary, Parrii, Parriahh

Yourddo-ed, hope that's okay
    Pinion, Black hide, Tendon Slice Dun Robar I assume ?

Saves could be little higher, but looks pretty standard to me, with devo somewhere, cocoon and scrollage, there is very little you can't solo / perform well with such toon .

Ranged in fury = autowin.

Shahang (hjealme), Wipekin (kotc), Nezhat (barbie) Ghallanda/Devourer

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Because you're a toaster. At least drow have something to complain about. (Still, you could paint one on)
    I console my WF by reminding them that I have a Drow Bard; it can always get worse.

OP - what ED are you in / were you in?
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by Paryan View Post
    The bonus enchantment (+7 in this case) of the bow does not stack with the arrows (+5). Only the higher one applies.
    That's how it is supposed to be. AFAIK this functionality is bugged and unless you are using a non-magical bow, bow's enhancement ALWAYS applies. So if your Arcane Arrows are +5 and bow is +1, they end up +1 (+3 with Runebow enhancement which applies correctly). But Pinion is +7 so should be fine.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    That's how it is supposed to be. AFAIK this functionality is bugged and unless you are using a non-magical bow, bow's enhancement ALWAYS applies. So if your Arcane Arrows are +5 and bow is +1, they end up +1 (+3 with Runebow enhancement which applies correctly). But Pinion is +7 so should be fine.
    Thought it was supposed to work like tabletop and the higher of the two should take effect. Wouldn't be the first arbitrary difference between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON
    Don't forget that it stops working when you rest, when you die, and who knows when else as there is no icon indicating it is currently active.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perceval
    the common denominator in all the failed attempts you have been in is YOU.
    Member of the Unrepentant guild of gamers.

My elf pure ranger is 28 and runs with Fury of the Wilds ED and Im very happy with the changes. In fact a lot of people think its over powered. I consistently get top kills in the pugs I run, and have been able to solo some EE content as well. Adrenaline > Slayer arrow hits for around 5,000. Adrenaline > many shot> Slayer sometime hits with 4 arrows each hitting for around 5,000 = 20,000 with one click.

Glibb on Argonnessen

If it was only the +5 arrows that were missing, a deadly item will cover that loss. Also the plus on your arrows did not stack with what is on your bow, so if you were using a higher plus bow than a plus one, the difference isnt that bad.

I suspect you are also losing FE damage, as most of that is in the deepwood stalker line now, and if you took alot of AA stuff, you may not be high enough as a DS to get your FE damage back.

What I did on my pure ranger was spent more points in DS and the rest in AA. The reason? The stuff from DS is always active or can be activated. Alot of the stuff from AA is in a line where only one of it can be used at a time. The metalline and damage type arrows are good in the cores, but the only thing I miss in tier 5 is slayer arrows. Using all of the DS tier 5 stuff, my arrows hit for about 110 base and Im getting alot of FE damage + 25 stacks of archers focus when I go single target. I also am in PBS and SA range at all times, even on mobs accross the map, and have an ability that fires a shot that is always a crit. Couple that with a radiance bow, and Im taking advantage of about 35 or so SA damage a shot too. For a non monk archer who doesnt fire more arrows, the way to go is more damage per arrow fired. DS provides that option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    ...Using all of the DS tier 5 stuff, my arrows hit for about 110 base and Im getting alot of FE damage + 25 stacks of archers focus when I go single target. I also am in PBS and SA range at all times, even on mobs accross the map, and have an ability that fires a shot that is always a crit. Couple that with a radiance bow, and Im taking advantage of about 35 or so SA damage a shot too. For a non monk archer who doesnt fire more arrows, the way to go is more damage per arrow fired. DS provides that option.
    This.
    sold out to Grace & dex & hitting 150 AVG BASE.
    Its huge differnce.
    u just need to find the right combo for your toon.

(all me toons are ranged, and all are diff builds, and all require vastly differnt enhancements & equipment. Sounds odd, but its true. :/ and its fun, i might add