Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    +1 Indeed!

However, when I try to run it, the "boot checklist" box that appears during loading never disappears, nor is it movable, it just floats dead-center blocking my view of that area. The "checks" themselves have all come and gone - just the blank grey box remains. :?
    What system are you using? I have run this in a windows 8.1, 7, xp VPC environment and have not had this issue. I would like to try and repeat the issues so that I can find a fix.
    Main Characters Adarshae, Adenasenka, Nimithar Pyri and of Argonnessen
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

Is the "Destinies" button always greyed out? Just got the latest version.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom.JonesJr View Post
    What system are you using? I have run this in a windows 8.1, 7, xp VPC environment and have not had this issue. I would like to try and repeat the issues so that I can find a fix.
    It's (sadly, but admittedly) a bit of a dino, XP w/ only .5 G memory (not my gaming box).

The good news is that it self-resolved on the 3rd boot and a half-dozen times since, and is now working fine; the bad news is that it took 3 boots to work.

Ah, those "intermittent failures" - too much fun. Sorry, but thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by somenewnoob View Post
    Is the "Destinies" button always greyed out? Just got the latest version.
    It has been greyed out for quite some time now, as it is not complete. Currently, there's no ETA for when Destinies will be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Shindoku View Post
    It has been greyed out for quite some time now, as it is not complete. Currently, there's no ETA for when Destinies will be available.
    Thanks, I didn't think it had been working just wanted to make sure.

+1 Indeed!

However, when I try to run it, the "boot checklist" box that appears during loading never disappears, nor is it movable, it just floats dead-center blocking my view of that area. The "checks" themselves have all come and gone - just the blank grey box remains. :?
    Are you clicking on something else while the Character Planner opens? When DDOCharGen loses focus when opening, it gets angry and acts like you are describing.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Community Member

Default Crashing

Every time i try to start the program it loads for about 10 seconds then it crashes saying, "DDOCharGen.exe has stopped working"

Any solutions???

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer23 View Post
    Every time i try to start the program it loads for about 10 seconds then it crashes saying, "DDOCharGen.exe has stopped working"

Any solutions???

Thanks.
    Do you happen to be clicking the application or tabbing away from it as it is loading? Currently, this is the only constant issue that I am aware of that will crash the planner.

The new build of the character planner is up! This build has everything that is in U30; Gnomes, Arcane Archer part 2, and the Arcanotech update.

The previous crashing problems that were stated in the last few posts were not followed up on, so we are still unsure why that was happening. If anyone is having a problem, let us know and we'll try to fix it.

Enjoy!

Community Member

The new build of the character planner is up! This build has everything that is in U30; Gnomes, Arcane Archer part 2, and the Arcanotech update.

The previous crashing problems that were stated in the last few posts were not followed up on, so we are still unsure why that was happening. If anyone is having a problem, let us know and we'll try to fix it.

Enjoy!
    The website is still showing 4.29.01 and having downloaded it, it is still indeed 4.29.01 no U30 changes am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by ebasener View Post
    The website is still showing 4.29.01 and having downloaded it, it is still indeed 4.29.01 no U30 changes am I missing something?
    Refresh the page, alternatively clear your cache. The website seems to like pulling the page from memory instead of forcibly making you load it

It's (sadly, but admittedly) a bit of a dino, XP w/ only .5 G memory (not my gaming box)...
    It seems to be freememory related - if I close ~everything~ before opening, WAI 100%. If I have several browser windows open, 0% (always gets that box, empty but persistent, floating over the interface).

So, that's pro'ly that.

Default XP Issues

It's (sadly, but admittedly) a bit of a dino, XP w/ only .5 G memory (not my gaming box).

The good news is that it self-resolved on the 3rd boot and a half-dozen times since, and is now working fine; the bad news is that it took 3 boots to work.

Ah, those "intermittent failures" - too much fun. Sorry, but thanks again!
    It seems to be freememory related - if I close ~everything~ before opening, WAI 100%. If I have several browser windows open, 0% (always gets that box, empty but persistent, floating over the interface).

So, that's pro'ly that.
    I have tried to replicated your error using a windows xp virtual machine, but I have not had much luck. I have been getting other errors as the machine approach the 512k memory limit. On my test I set the Virtual memory of the machine to 0. If you are running this system with a lot of open browser tabs you may wish to check what this is set for and increase it. This may help solve your problem. Character Planner does require a little over 10 MG of memory to run, but does have a peak when loading of around 15-17 MG. I hope this helps to continue the life of your "dino".
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

Community Member

Refresh the page, alternatively clear your cache. The website seems to like pulling the page from memory instead of forcibly making you load it

Thanks

Default Website version not changing

Quote Originally Posted by ebasener View Post
    If you right click on the photo of the Character planner you should see an option to reload frame. This is what I have to do to fix the issue if I have visited the site to close to the time of the update.
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

Default Version 4 Update

Version 4.30.002 has been posted to http://www.rjcyberware.com/ this update has a minor bug fix for the Gnomes, but also has some changes to the UI (See image below). The reason behind the sudden UI change is because I have decided to put version 5 on the back shelf for now and see what I can do with version 4 for now. For the most part these changes give me some space to work with and to start incorporating a Characteristic Design to building a new Character rather then the old Level Design and still leave the old Level design in place. The Enhancement Window has already seen some improvements even though I was working with my AA build and found that I do need to include all level and not just the first 20 levels in working with enhancements, so that fix will be on its way.

I hope you guys enjoy the new changes and look forward to your comments. The first couple of windows I plan to work on are the Class and Skills Windows. When all is done I hope we will even have the destiny, item build, and armory all working.

Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

like the new layout. looks much more intuitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Unhappy

Thanks for the tool, but it freezes up and crashes quite often.

Default freeze up and crashes

Can you give details of when this happens or repeat the crash? Without additional information I can not even hope to fix it. Not only do I program the planner, but I use it and I rarely have an issues. It could be because of the types of builds that I tend to do. If you can repeat the issues give specifics and I will try to repeat on my end. Thank you for your help to make the planner a better tool.
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

Default Update 4.30.003

Update 4.30.003 has been uploaded to the website. Here are a few of the changes:

• A few bug fixes with Gnomes/Deep Gnomes.
    • Issues with Enhancement Con not adding to Hitpoints.
    • Badeforged Enhancement correction.
    • 2 new edit windows Class and Feats.

Hope you all enjoy and I look forward to your comments.
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast