Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Default A feature request.

Hey Ron and crew this isn't a bug report it's a feature request

Currently the planner exports using vBulletin BBcode however, not everybody uses vBulletin. Many people have guild forums and the like which might be using other forum software such as phpBB, MyBB and SMF to name a few, I am wondering if it is possible to add a few extra buttons or something to allow us to export to different formats of forum software? You could keep it set to default to vBulletin each time the planner is run and we would have to manually check the box/button/whatever to export to something else.

Thank you again for all your efforts (both you and the team)

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Hey Ron and crew this isn't a bug report it's a feature request

Currently the planner exports using vBulletin BBcode however, not everybody uses vBulletin. Many people have guild forums and the like which might be using other forum software such as phpBB, MyBB and SMF to name a few, I am wondering if it is possible to add a few extra buttons or something to allow us to export to different formats of forum software? You could keep it set to default to vBulletin each time the planner is run and we would have to manually check the box/button/whatever to export to something else.

Thank you again for all your efforts (both your and the team)

Stoner81.
    Yeah. On our ToDo list is a system for this. Forum Export Templates. Its a system I really want to do. It's just not had a high priority, and other stuff keeps getting in front of it. If Turbine doesn't do any more major system overhauls that give us three months of work for a while, maybe we can get to it

The idea behind it is you, as the user, will be able to define the export codes yourself. I will provide commands that you can use to define how your output looks (so if you wanted to display your selected feats at level 8, it would be something like "Feat[SELECTED, 8];" or somesuch). It will almost be like writing a bit of programming code with our own custom language. But the cool thing will be is once you have a format you like, you can save it and use it for multiple characters (hence "Template"). Even share the template code with other people, like your guildies for use on the guild website board.

If we do it right, it should be compatible with any forum software, because you can define what the BB codes (or equivelent) are in the template itself.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Thanks for the response Ron and that would be awesome as/when/if you get round to doing it again a massive thanks to yourself and your team of Kobolds

Stoner81.

Community Member

To Ron and the Team,

First, I would like to thank you all for not only providing such a useful tool, but for also updating it to include the myriad of changes to the game throughout the years. A fantastic tool supported by a great team of dedicated players.

Now that is out of the way, I have noticed that the current 4.x planner doesn't include the heroic feat Shield Deflection and I don't think anyone has flagged this.

I have added this in to the Feats.txt file manually at my end, along with the correct icon, but I hope this can be fixed for the next release.

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenaustin View Post
    To Ron and the Team,

First, I would like to thank you all for not only providing such a useful tool, but for also updating it to include the myriad of changes to the game throughout the years. A fantastic tool supported by a great team of dedicated players.

Now that is out of the way, I have noticed that the current 4.x planner doesn't include the heroic feat Shield Deflection and I don't think anyone has flagged this.

I have added this in to the Feats.txt file manually at my end, along with the correct icon, but I hope this can be fixed for the next release.

Thanks all.
    I didn't even know there was a feat called Shield Deflection. Will have a look and get it added...
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Tolkiens Law: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Dresdens corollary:
    Screw subtle!

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before but I tried to plan a fighter monk ranger build but it doesn't bring up any of the fighter enhancement trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before but I tried to plan a fighter monk ranger build but it doesn't bring up any of the fighter enhancement trees.
    Going to need a bit more information on this.

What levels did you take fighter vs the other classes?

At what level of the character are you trying to view the enhancements?

Have you checked the drop downs on the class trees to see if the fighter trees are in the list?
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

Duh sorry forgot the drop downs, thanks

Actually I still have a problem, when I select the fighter one, I lose the monk one, cant seem to have all three classes. And the monk ones are not on the list when I try to add again.
    Last edited by Limey; 11-05-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Duh sorry forgot the drop downs, thanks

Actually I still have a problem, when I select the fighter one, I lose the monk one, cant seem to have all three classes. And the monk ones are not on the list when I try to add again.
    yeah you can only have 7 total Enhancement Trees available at a time (1 Race Tree and 6 Class Trees). Don't forget you can scroll the right and left by hitting the buttons on the left and right to see the other 4 trees
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

Yeah I realize that but I only have Human, Arcane Archer and Kensei trees open.

When I scroll along with the side arrows I get a blank one and in the drop down menu for that it only lists Stalwart, Tempest and Deepwood. No Monk ones and this is at level 20 with 10 monk levels

Yeah I realize that but I only have Human, Arcane Archer and Kensei trees open.

When I scroll along with the side arrows I get a blank one and in the drop down menu for that it only lists Stalwart, Tempest and Deepwood. No Monk ones and this is at level 20 with 10 monk levels
    hmm I'll have to look into that, can you give me your level breakdown for classes please?

Also what happens when you keep scrolling to the right, are the rest blank also?
    Last edited by Dragon.Star; 11-05-2013 at 10:43 AM.

Well it is 10 Monk 8 Fighter 2 Ranger, but I closed the program, reloaded the build and it works correctly now.

Well it is 10 Monk 8 Fighter 2 Ranger, but I closed the program, reloaded the build and it works correctly now.
    Alright, glad you got it fixed, let me know if the issue pops again.

Missing Heroic Feat: Great Fortitude. No prerequisites, available from level 1, also obtainable as a Martial Arts feat. +2 Feat bonus to Fortitude saves.
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

Quote Originally Posted by DemonMage View Post
    Missing Heroic Feat: Great Fortitude. No prerequisites, available from level 1, also obtainable as a Martial Arts feat. +2 Feat bonus to Fortitude saves.
    Wow, it is indeed missing, thank you for the report, we will get this into the next update.

Default Hard Crash in 4.19.03

To reproduce:

Launch the planner, click on Modify Enhancements, in the Human Tree pick Human Versatility: Skill Boost.
    Click on Multiple Enhancement Selector: Awareness. Click Accept -> Hard crash.
    If you take a second rank in Awareness before clicking Accept, it doesn't crash.

Thanks much!

There is an issue with the Spellsinger's Magical Studies Enhancement.
    It allows a choice between 1/2/3 bonus songs or 30/60/100 bonus SP. The last tier of bonus SP also grants the magical training feat and is denied on characters which have it already. (for example by adding Cleric levels)

The issue is, that the planner also denies the 3rd bonus song in such cases.
    NedrilFavored Soul . GidraMonkcher . LambalorBard . Cannith

Community Member

Default Print crashes in .03

I opened a file, made changes to only L20 (specifically the enhancements: set all 80 at L20), saved the file, and tried to print with defaults. Crash - very repeatable.

Tried a file that I had not changed/saved in v.03 and it printed fine.
    Tried again with the updated one, crash. Tried printing only to L19 - worked.
    An attempt to print any level higher crashes the program.

Have not investigated further at this time.
    -- Max

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentMage View Post
    To reproduce:

Launch the planner, click on Modify Enhancements, in the Human Tree pick Human Versatility: Skill Boost.
    Click on Multiple Enhancement Selector: Awareness. Click Accept -> Hard crash.
    If you take a second rank in Awareness before clicking Accept, it doesn't crash.

Thanks much!
    Thank you for the report, this issues will be fixed on the next version

If you would like to fix this at your end.
    1. Open EnhancementFile.txt in text editor of choice (notepad, word, etc..

2. Search for Awareness till you find this entry
    Code:
    MULTI: Skill Focus;
    MSLOT: 2;
    NAME: Awareness;
    TREE: Human;
    LEVEL: 1;
    SLOT: 1;
    RANKS: 3;
    TYPE: Passive;
    COST: 1;
    DESC1: +1 Listen, Search, and Spot.;
    MOD1: Skill, Skill, Skill;
    MODNAME2: Listen, Search, Spot;
    MODVALUE2: 1, 1, 1;
    DESC2: +2 Listen, Search, and Spot.;
    MOD2: Skill, Skill, Skill;
    MODNAME2: Listen, Search, Spot;
    MODVALUE2: 2, 2, 2;
    DESC3: +3 Listen, Search, and Spot.;
    MOD3: Skill, Skill, Skill;
    MODNAME3: Listen, Search, Spot;
    MODVALUE3: 3, 3, 3;
    ICON: HUMN_Awareness;
    3. Now changes the first MODNAME2 to MODNAME1
    4. change the first MODVALUE2 to MODVALUE1

5. Save your changes and close the file out. That should fix the error your were getting.

Quote Originally Posted by gDra View Post
    There is an issue with the Spellsinger's Magical Studies Enhancement.
    It allows a choice between 1/2/3 bonus songs or 30/60/100 bonus SP. The last tier of bonus SP also grants the magical training feat and is denied on characters which have it already. (for example by adding Cleric levels)

The issue is, that the planner also denies the 3rd bonus song in such cases.
    Thanks for the Report.

Just to make sure I'm reading this correct. Your saying that you can't choose a 3rd song if your character already has the feat Magical Training.

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast