Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanith View Post
    I leveled up my TR last week. I received my extra skill point from my +2 tome at level 7 rather than level 8 when it used to kick in.
    That has been around for a while. To plan for this apply the tome increase at the level before the minimum level for the tome.

Here is an example showing skill points/level for a 10 starting Int elf LR with a +5 tome and all ability raises into int. A build where you start with an odd base int or raise different stats can take advantage of this but in general starting with raises to int before other stats will give you the most skill points.

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.01
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 20 Neutral Good Elf Male
    (20 Favored Soul) 
    Hit Points: 140
    Spell Points: 1725 
    BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
    Fortitude: 10
    Reflex: 12
    Will: 11

Starting            Ending          
    Abilities        Base Stats         Base Stats        
    (28 Point)       (Level 1)          (Level 20)        
    Strength              8                  8            
    Dexterity            10                 10            
    Constitution          6                  6            
    Intelligence         10                 20            
    Wisdom                8                  8            
    Charisma              8                  8            

Tomes Used
    +1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 2
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 6
    +3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 10
    +4 Tome of Intelligence used at level 14
    +5 Tome of Intelligence used at level 18

Level 1 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Concentration (+2) (I did not take advantage of 4x skill point at 1st lvl for this demonstration)

Level 2 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+2)

Level 3 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Heal (+2)

Level 4 (Favored Soul)
    Ability Raise: INT
    Skill: Jump (+3)

Level 5 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+3)

Level 6 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Concentration (+3)

Level 7 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+3)

Level 8 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Heal (+4)

Level 9 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Jump (+4)

Level 10 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+4)

Level 11 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Concentration (+4)

Level 12 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+5)

Level 13 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Heal (+5)

Level 14 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Jump (+5)

Level 15 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+5)

Level 16 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Concentration (+6)

Level 17 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+6)

Level 18 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Heal (+6)

Level 19 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Jump (+6)

Level 20 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+7)
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Interesting. What is the version number of the save file (it's at the top of the file)?

I wonder if we have a load/save issue with skill points.
    due to the fact of saving, both versions orig and tweeked are reading VERSION: 04.19.02;

emm...

let me get back to you. I should still have .01 on my hd, and I have the original 03.16.01; file still.

I can see if I can't reproduce it somehow.

Reproduced.

When 4.19.01 read in a 3.16.01 file, it fubared skill points as listed above. That is how the skill points got all out of wack.

When 4.19.02 read in the same 3.16.01 file, it got the skills right but said somethign was wrong with my lvl 3. I'm betting it is a religious feat issue. paladin, paladin, fvs. (lvls 1, 2, 3)

So it looks as if compatibility bit ya.

Question. The new enhancement UI. Should we be able to move that about on our monitor? Mine seems to be stuck in one place.
    Last edited by Missing_Minds; 10-07-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    due to the fact of saving, both versions orig and tweeked are reading VERSION: 04.19.02;

emm...

let me get back to you. I should still have .01 on my hd, and I have the original 03.16.01; file still.

I can see if I can't reproduce it somehow.

Reproduced.

When 4.19.01 read in a 3.16.01 file, it fubared skill points as listed above. That is how the skill points got all out of wack.
    Ah, yeah. We (and by "we" I mean "I") didn't write the save routine correctly when I changed it to handle the new skill. So yeah, anything saved under 4.19.01 is going to be borked. Best just to delete the skills section of the save file before loading it.

When 4.19.02 read in the same 3.16.01 file, it got the skills right but said somethign was wrong with my lvl 3. I'm betting it is a religious feat issue. paladin, paladin, fvs. (lvls 1, 2, 3)

So it looks as if compatibility bit ya.
    Yeah, most likely. Religious feats were definitely not working in 4.19.01, and they are not a whole lot better in 4.19.02. We finally got them all straightened out for the next release. It's probably going to be the same thing, you might have to delete the Feats section of the save file and just redo them. And of course anything saved under 3.xx might not work so well, since the devs revamped those feats quite a bit.

Question. The new enhancement UI. Should we be able to move that about on our monitor? Mine seems to be stuck in one place.
    It's locked. I'll see about unlocking it so it can be moved around the screen. It's actually not all that easy. The tooltip window is actually not a child of the enhancement window (it only looks like it is) for technical reasons. Because of that, allowing the enhancement window to move could cause us some issues. But I'll look into it.
    Last edited by Ron; 10-07-2013 at 07:29 PM.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Book_O_Dragons View Post
    That has been around for a while. To plan for this apply the tome increase at the level before the minimum level for the tome.

Here is an example showing skill points/level for a 10 starting Int elf LR with a +5 tome and all ability raises into int. A build where you start with an odd base int or raise different stats can take advantage of this but in general starting with raises to int before other stats will give you the most skill points.

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.01
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 20 Neutral Good Elf Male
    (20 Favored Soul) 
    Hit Points: 140
    Spell Points: 1725 
    BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
    Fortitude: 10
    Reflex: 12
    Will: 11

Starting            Ending          
    Abilities        Base Stats         Base Stats        
    (28 Point)       (Level 1)          (Level 20)        
    Strength              8                  8            
    Dexterity            10                 10            
    Constitution          6                  6            
    Intelligence         10                 20            
    Wisdom                8                  8            
    Charisma              8                  8            

Tomes Used
    +1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 2
    +2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 6
    +3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 10
    +4 Tome of Intelligence used at level 14
    +5 Tome of Intelligence used at level 18

Level 1 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Concentration (+2) (I did not take advantage of 4x skill point at 1st lvl for this demonstration)

Level 2 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+2)

Level 3 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Heal (+2)

Level 4 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Jump (+3)

Level 5 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+3)

Level 6 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Concentration (+3)

Level 7 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+3)

Level 8 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Heal (+4)

Level 9 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Jump (+4)

Level 10 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+4)

Level 11 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Concentration (+4)

Level 12 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+5)

Level 13 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Heal (+5)

Level 14 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Jump (+5)

Level 15 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+5)

Level 16 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Concentration (+6)

Level 17 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Diplomacy (+6)

Level 18 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Heal (+6)

Level 19 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Jump (+6)

Level 20 (Favored Soul)
    Skill: Spellcraft (+7)

that build is going to suck hard... lol

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFireGuy View Post
    that build is going to suck hard... lol
    I did not make that as a playable build I made it to show shill points/level and FvS was the only class with 2+ Int mod/lvl that had enough class skills.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

1. Measure The Foe from the Assassin tree should be in column 2 above Critical Damage.
    2. Wand and Scroll Mastery has a typo "+X% to damage and healing from want, scroll and other items that cast spells" this should read "+X% to damage and healing from wands, scrolls and other items that cast spells".

Stoner81.

Community Member

Managed to do up a funny build that crashes the planner. (04.19.02, started from scratch - no old saves or manual tweaking.)

Specifically, trying to "Forum Export" with enhancements selected causes a crash. (Build explanation here.)

Printing a leveling guide works.

Would you like the saved build file, with the enhancements? Haven't tried yet if choosing different enhancements would make it work.
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of a few more DDO players.

Quote Originally Posted by mna View Post
    Managed to do up a funny build that crashes the planner. (04.19.02, started from scratch - no old saves or manual tweaking.)

Specifically, trying to "Forum Export" with enhancements selected causes a crash. (Build explanation here.)

Would you like the saved build file, with the enhancements? Haven't tried yet if choosing different enhancements would make it work.
    Yes please, as that will let us know what enhancements you took and we can start looking there.
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Book_O_Dragons View Post
    Emm... so if the character eats the tome a +2 at lvl 7, we don't get the stat point bonus for skills till level 8.
    But if it is a re incarnate we actually need to apply it in the generator at lvl 6 for it to account for it getting to us at lvl 7 for skill points.

Has there been any thought to creating an FAQ or notes file to be included in the generator to make a note of this? Just curious.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon.Star View Post
    Yes please, as that will let us know what enhancements you took and we can start looking there.
    Seems that the forum doesn't like my savefile. How would you like to receive it? (PM me an email address where I can send it, or something?)

Seems that the forum doesn't like my savefile. How would you like to receive it? (PM me an email address where I can send it, or something?)
    You should be able to post in the Character Planner Forums
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

Has anyone noticed any issues with the number of skill points available? I somehow ended up with more skill points in game than the planner indicated that I should (with a Warforged Arty build). Has anyone else seen this? I may have to take another look at how skill points are being calculated.
    I was making a Purple Dragon Knight based character last night (been planning it for the last 3 days), and in game had 4 more skill points to use than in the planner. With Int 14 the planner gives 16, while in game I got 20 at level 1. Using version 04.19.02
    Bravery calls my name, in the sound of the wind in the night. My sword will drink blood. And I will fight, yes I will fight. In the Dawn of Battle!
    - Manowar, Dawn of Battle

Quote Originally Posted by Henshaw135 View Post
    I was making a Purple Dragon Knight based character last night (been planning it for the last 3 days), and in game had 4 more skill points to use than in the planner. With Int 14 the planner gives 16, while in game I got 20 at level 1. Using version 04.19.02
    Thanks for the report. That's because PDKs are human, so they should get a +1 skill point per level (like humans). But we didn't put that in. I'll get that changed right now.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Okay, this has been fixed for the next version. In the meantime, if you would like to fix it on your end locally, just open up the Enhancements.txt file, find the Deepwood Stalker Tree, and go to the Increased Empathy enhancement. Near the bottom of the enhancement entry you will see this:

MOD3: Skill;
    MODNAME3: Diplomacy;
    MODVALUE1: 3;

That should be changed to this:

MOD3: Skill;
    MODNAME3: Diplomacy;
    MODVALUE3: 3;

Save the file. That will fix your crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Emm... so if the character eats the tome a +2 at lvl 7, we don't get the stat point bonus for skills till level 8.
    But if it is a re incarnate we actually need to apply it in the generator at lvl 6 for it to account for it getting to us at lvl 7 for skill points.

Has there been any thought to creating an FAQ or notes file to be included in the generator to make a note of this? Just curious.
    We are going to redo how reincarnates work in the planner in the very near future. At level 1 you will be able to set all your reincarnate data via a new screen (what tomes you've eaten, your destinies, what your past lives are, etc). That will be the place to input your past life tomes. The planner will apply those tomes at the correct level prior to determining skill points. Of course, you will also be able to input tomes for your current life just as they work now (with skill points determined after the level the tome is applied). With that system, we will also re-implement the proper minimum levels for tomes.

Community Member

Okay, this has been fixed for the next version. In the meantime, if you would like to fix it on your end locally,
    Thank you. Not sure if anyone'd want to see the enhancement setup we drew up, though... I don't think I'd recommend that kind of build for anyone, really, but...

We are going to redo how reincarnates work in the planner in the very near future. At level 1 you will be able to set all your reincarnate data via a new screen (what tomes you've eaten, your destinies, what your past lives are, etc). That will be the place to input your past life tomes. The planner will apply those tomes at the correct level prior to determining skill points. Of course, you will also be able to input tomes for your current life just as they work now (with skill points determined after the level the tome is applied). With that system, we will also re-implement the proper minimum levels for tomes.
    That'd be an excellent improvement, I hope you'll cover LRs too?

Community Member

Default Theif-Acrobat coding error?

First off, thanks so much for all the time and effort you guys put into the planner. I probably spend as much time using it as I spend in game.

I don't know if this has been addressed already, but I'm pretty sure that I found an error in the EnhancementFile. For Charming at level 1 in the Rogue Thief-Acrobat Tree, the MODNAME has "Balance, Jump, Tumble" instead of "Bluff, Diplomacy, Haggle, Intimidate". You have it set to look for four variables and it only finds the (incorrect) three and makes the client crash, for me at least.

I'm going to mess with it and see if it works.

Thanks again for everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Cicerenello View Post
    First off, thanks so much for all the time and effort you guys put into the planner. I probably spend as much time using it as I spend in game.

I don't know if this has been addressed already, but I'm pretty sure that I found an error in the EnhancementFile. For Charming at level 1 in the Rogue Thief-Acrobat Tree, the MODNAME has "Balance, Jump, Tumble" instead of "Bluff, Diplomacy, Haggle, Intimidate". You have it set to look for four variables and it only finds the (incorrect) three and makes the client crash, for me at least.

I'm going to mess with it and see if it works.

Thanks again for everything!
    Yeah. Coincidentally, this was discovered and fixed yesterday. Your proposed change will work until the next new version arrives.

Community Member

Yeah. Coincidentally, this was discovered and fixed yesterday. Your proposed change will work until the next new version arrives.
    It worked fine after a changed and saved it. Thanks again!

Community Member

Oh, found a typo (misspelling), cosmetic only.

In the printout's ability section, it's supposed to be "charisma", not "charsima", right?

Oh, found a typo (misspelling), cosmetic only.

In the printout's ability section, it's supposed to be "charisma", not "charsima", right?
    No, what do you mean? I meant to do that

Okay, I'll fix that, hehe. Typing are hard.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast