Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RaidMR View Post
    Hey guys, I'm not sure if you've seen this before but I have a Shadar-kai build that I created in version 04.19.01 and it's crashing on load attempts in the last two versions of the build. But opens ok in 04.19.02...

If you want I can PM one of you the error log and the build file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Hey guys, this still crashes the new planner. Can I send you the build via PM or something?

Thanks!
    Yes, PM me the build save files. Raid, don't bother with the error log, those things are never useful. It's far easier for me to just reproduce the crash here with the save file.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Thumbs up

I know you guys hear this a lot, but I don't think it is possible to hear too often: this tool means a lot to the game. Thank you so much!

Hey guys Im really thankful for your work.

Now im getting some time dead in my work and im using it to explore builds. But i have a problem.
    Here the monitors are really really old i have a screen with 600x400 and i cant see well the planner. Not to mention the ability tree. Theres a way you can add a side scroll so i can use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Yes, PM me the build save files. Raid, don't bother with the error log, those things are never useful. It's far easier for me to just reproduce the crash here with the save file.
    Thanks Ron - file is on the way!
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Default Possible Bug

Using the latest version of the planner I was building a toon starting as Bladeforged and for some reason it doesn't have the option to put points in to Disable Device or Open Locks in the skills list.

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Using the latest version of the planner I was building a toon starting as Bladeforged and for some reason it doesn't have the option to put points in to Disable Device or Open Locks in the skills list.

Stoner81.
    What class were you? Disable Device & Open lock will only be available to characters that have at least 1 level of Rogue or Artificer in them.
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon.Star View Post
    What class were you? Disable Device & Open lock will only be available to characters that have at least 1 level of Rogue or Artificer in them.
    Was starting as a Bladeforged Paladin but shouldn't it count as a cross class skill therefore costing double the points rather than not being there at all?

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Was starting as a Bladeforged Paladin but shouldn't it count as a cross class skill therefore costing double the points rather than not being there at all?
    No, disable device and open lock are exclusive skills to rogues and artificers. No other class is allowed to put any points into either skill unless you have at least one rogue or artificer level.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    No, disable device and open lock are exclusive skills to rogues and artificers. No other class is allowed to put any points into either skill unless you have at least one rogue or artificer level.
    Well I never knew that doh! Oh well back to the drawing board I go for this build I am trying to put together (actually taken some inspiration from you m8 )

Stoner81.

Community Member

Default Bug on arti exotic weapon feats

Title pretty much says it all. When leveling an artificer it doesn't allow you to pick the exotic weapon proficiency feat bastard sword or dwarven waraxe as one of their class bonus feats. This was on 4.20.02 version. Thanks for all your hard work!

Community Member

Default Maybe another bug, although not sure if game or program

Epic Skills is a feat auto granted at every level in epic. However the planner also has it as a feat that you can take, which when I was doing a lesser reincarnate on an epic was not the case. Anyway so not sure if that is not meant to be a takeable feat, or if DDO has a bug but just letting you know.

Lightbulb Data File(s) Update

First, I must say I love your app and how versatile you have made it. I thought I found a bug (04.20.02), but it really is quite an easy fix. I found it when I was building a Shadar-Kai Artificer (Reincarnated with a +1 to remove the Rogue); I'll post it later in a different build thread.

I was unable to change the First level to Artificer until I updated RaceFile.txt with:
    Code:
    RACENAME: Shadar-Kai;
    ADVANCEMENT: 1, CLASS, Select an Initial Class;
    I was unable to add the Feat "Construct Essence" until I updated FeatsFile.txt with:
    Code:
    FEATNAME: Construct Essence;
    RACELIST: Human, Elf, Halfling, Dwarf, Drow, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Shadar-Kai;
    LEVEL: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3;
    ACQUIRE: Train, Train, Train, Train, Train, Train, Train, Train;
    The only thing I can't really figure out how to do intuitively is eat a +4 Supreme Tome prior to reincarnating. I got by with adding a +1 to each stat at L2/6/10/14 to make them apply their points correctly.

EDIT: Changed formatting (stupid IE 11)... Giving credit for Race File changes found further up in this thread (around page 4). Giving credit for the tomes also from above also (several pages back).
    Last edited by Amroth; 03-05-2014 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Formatting and credit

Community Member

The archmage tree is missing the t1 enhancement line traditionalist caster.

Default A Few Updates to EnhancementFile.txt

I have found a few corrections required to the EnhancementFile.txt to properly apply INT.
    Code:
    NAME: Intelligence;
    TREE: Arcanotechnician (Art);
    LEVEL: 4;
    MOD1: Ability;
    MODNAME1: Intelligence;
    MODVALUE1: 1;

NAME: Arcane Empowerment;
    TREE: Arcanotechnician (Art);
    MODVALUE1: 2;

NAME: Master Engineer;
    TREE: Battle Engineer (Art);
    MODVALUE1: 2;
    On a side note, how are Stat Enhancements supposed to be applied? I understand that Race and Class should stack, but what about two separate trees within the same class (Arcanotechnician & BE). The planner allows me INT +7 (Race +1; Arcanotechnician +2; BE +4 (+2 INT & +2 capstone)), is this possible in the game? If I could gain 4 extra AP (84 total) I could add +2 more INT with the second capstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Amroth View Post
    On a side note, how are Stat Enhancements supposed to be applied? I understand that Race and Class should stack, but what about two separate trees within the same class (Arcanotechnician & BE).
    Yes, all stats from all trees stack. For a common example, drow wizards get at least +8 int from enhancements. (+2 from drow, +2 from PM, +2 from AM, and +2 from the capstone.)

Community Member

Anyone able to explain the option checkbox for "+4 Bonus Points (Requires 1750 Favor)" please? I have no clue what that is in reference to

Quote Originally Posted by LargoKeyWest View Post
    Anyone able to explain the option checkbox for "+4 Bonus Points (Requires 1750 Favor)" please? I have no clue what that is in reference to
    A 32 point build for either VIP or someone who has earned enough favor for Champion status. Otherwise the builder/planner assumes a 28pt build.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Community Member

What am I missing? The destinies, item builder and equipment buttons are all grayed out. I got the 4.20.0.2 version. I didnt find any manual for this thing, how do I get to set them as well?

Quote Originally Posted by F2PPremiumLeech View Post
    What am I missing? The destinies, item builder and equipment buttons are all grayed out. I got the 4.20.0.2 version. I didnt find any manual for this thing, how do I get to set them as well?
    The Item Build and Equipment stuff was disabled cause they were no longer useful (Buggy and missing information). The Destinies were never finished for this version. Version 4.20.02 is the final version as we are no longer updating it with new stuff.

We are currently building a new planner (version 5.0) that is a total rewrite, so all of our efforts are currently on that project and we hope to get that out to you guys in the near future.
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast