Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Server crashed, everybody DCed, came back, 1 minute til dragon closes.

I hate this god-awful stupid freaking event. Shame on everybody involved with creating it.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

No Keys in store... Brilliant..
    Went into level 20-25 instance with my level 24...

Kept running into mobs that were too low to give rewards...
    awesome...
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

First instance that it opened was ok, a little lag towards the end. The second time that it opened complete failure.
    The spectral dragon was down to half when it spawned in our room, we could not cast attack or move at all then failed
    and key lost.

I killed a bunch of lich's in 20-25 with no drops on a 25 cleric.

I killed a bunch of everthing in 9-13 with a 13 fighter/barb and one drop in like 20 mins.

no vampires were seen.

raid failed as not enough people in the instance, as usual if you are late to the door. at least no game crashing lag in the dragon pit.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    More mobs were "under level" and such have no rewards!
    This is indeed bad. The level of the player decides the level of the mobs spawned. If a player is lower level than the minimum level in the range, they should be counted as the area level, not player level. Level 20 player entering 26-30 instance should count as level 26 player for the spawns.

Currently my low level sorcerer has to choose between getting plenty of mobs that are under level, or entering a higher level instance and to cause those under level spawns for everybody else.

Default Sever crash

Server booted our whole party. By the time I got back, instance had closed. 4 people were in and naturally failed. If this is how it is when it is release, it won't be played. Even outside instance was full of crippling lag for the entire party. I wish I could report anything positive, but alas the only thing was that the lag caused me to die, but I got a key during it.
    Favorhor, Rangedeath, Inthedark, Healemup, Axaleal, Hackemlow, Singasong, Intheback

Default Second epic fail on dragon

have no issues with lag until we get into the dragon once it starts lag hits within second and doesnt stop even after you fail because your spells dont go through and heals dont happen! will be my last attempt at your test as far as i am concerned and most in my guild of over 150 people no one has had any success do to extremely high lag if it doesnt change before it goes live i will make one attempt and skip it again this year like last year at addition of very poor excuses for epic level 24 additions edited to add this was the new high level instance i am level 28 wiz
    Last edited by TinyTot; 09-24-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Community Member

When I was in the 26-30 with my 13, no level-appropriate mobs for me spawned.

Wen to do the dragon twice today. One time, we failed because of the altar getting destroyed and the second, we failed because lag crippled our entire group so we could only watch helplessly while gargoyles destroyed the altars. I want my Mabar augments!

Community Member

Not sure what's going on with the drops. It was ok for a little bit, and then for the next 147 kills (I counted until the door opened), I got three fingerbones. That's it. 5 under level kills, and the rest were just nothing.

Haven't seen lich dust yet.

Entered the instance with 1 minute left until the door closed, and I couldn't get in. 22 keys... oh right. They can't be in your bag. Lemme jus- *clonk* BAH.

No lag here - Khyber, level 18, 10pm+. Had a good group for the dragon, and it was over in about 4 minutes. Like it should be. :-D

Dunno. This is my favourite event, but if the drop rate is this bad, and the lag turns out to be like people are saying... maybe I'll stick with the stuff I have. Hopefully this is a beta test and not a server stress test.

Default Wheres the undead?

Not enough undead,all i saw was some lichs and a huge amount of those Shardi-kai guys.
    Pretty boring to look at the fighter types in Mabar.

Couldn't locate the vampires, I could only hear them and take damage from them.

I like the invisible Vampires. Spot does nothing to see them, but they do leave a clue as to where they are.

It is good to have a monster that is hard too kill. It is refreshing. Unlike the Dragon! WE owned it!

3x Dragon fails today on Ghallanda from SERVER LAG. That's all I can take; I'm done with it.
    DDO Player since 2006. Lifetime VIP. Originally from Lhazaar; Now residing on Ghallanda.
    Check my (far from complete) DDO walkthrough videos at Youtube.com/Velluminous

I missed the spectral dragon twice! I was keeping track both times, but people turned in a bunch at the last little bit and I missed it. The second time I clicked on the door just as it closed on me.

There really needs to be an announcement that the chamber is open. CC has it, this should too. Also, it'd be nice if it stayed open longer.

I too had the problem that monsters would spawn in and two seconds later have the white disc and spawn out. This shouldn't be happening.

Community Member

Minor bug: at the signet trader, if you choose "what are signets?" first, and then "show me your wares," it just closes the window after a pause.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda13 View Post
    Not enough undead,all i saw was some lichs and a huge amount of those Shardi-kai guys.
    Pretty boring to look at the fighter types in Mabar.
    Same in my Lvl 25+ instance.

Some Vampires, who drop no Fangs.
    Some Liches, who very, very rarely drop Dusts.
    Lots and Lots of Shardi-kai. Meh.
    Some Sucubbi..Meh.

So Vampires and Liches are it for upper level undead? Hahahahahaha....no suprise.

Fpr me, 3 tries:

1st instance: gigantic lag fest. We failed because of the lag.

2nd instance: gigantic lag fest. We failed because of the lag.

3rd instance: barely had 16 people to run it. Still lagged but not as much. Failed, but I don't know the reason...happened in another room.

Overall, I am shelving this event until the lag is fixed. Was not a rewarding experience.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gywiden View Post
    There really needs to be an announcement that the chamber is open. CC has it, this should too. Also, it'd be nice if it stayed open longer.
    You should see:
    (World Event): A portal to the Endless Night summoning chamber has opened in Delera's Graveyard. This portal will close in 10 minutes.
    While the Summoning Chamber is active, exchanging items with the Night Trader will not progress the Endless Night event.

Default Report on 2 hours of mabar

Level 27 toon - pally (Legendary Dreadnaught) - attempted 2 dragon events. Playing in lvl 26-29 area on Thelanis.

1. No red names.
    2. Lots of Liches - night and midnight varities. Got ~15 lich dust. My sorc party mate only got 3... 2 from my kills (party of 3 total).
    3. Several 'too weak to give rewards' reports... little curious... we were lvls 26 and 27 in party.
    4. No vampire fangs whatsoever... lots of vampire blood blades, no fangs.
    5. Performance in slayer area MUCH MUCH better than w/Giants last time out. Lag in public areas is essentially non-existent... except in larger mobs with a sorc bombing away.
    6. Spectral Dragon event - two failures.
    Reason for 1st fail: not enough ppl. Enforcing a minimum number would be a good idea (so we could at least get the key back?)
    Reason for 2nd fail: totally debilitating shutdown lag spike hit when dragon was down to 30%. Lasted for 2 full minutes... which of course allowed an altar to be destroyed. The group was awesome until then.

Observations:
    Liches are absorbing Disintegration and Sunburst spells.. should be high enough lvl to overcome their mantel of invulnerability.
    Key drop is sporatic... I've received 3, my sorc guildie got 1 in 90 minutes. Not sure if this is luck of draw (small sample size). Other drops rates seems pretty reasonable.
    Guildie suggests maybe a few occasional Quell... which would certainly make it much more interesting... not quite sure I wanna suggest that myself!
    He also suggested a red-named Shadow Beholder as a boss: 'The Eye of Undeath/Shadow/Mabar'... something like that.
    Would suggest that maybe the CR 22's be raised in lvl by 1 notches or so.

So the only real complaint is the Spectral Dragon thing - fix that and we're good.
    Last edited by alancarp; 09-25-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast