Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Well, I managed to farm a key, but crickets are about the only thing killing the Dragon in the lower level ranges. I think we had 2-3 people in my instance. If this is how the event plays out, I'm not gonna waste my time on it.

To keep this constructive: perhaps expand the lower level ranges for the dragon instances so that the lowbies at least have SOME chance to have a shot at the dragon. That or make it solo-able. Or add sigils to the mote store.
    Last edited by Ausdoerrt; 09-24-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Default Surprised

Logged in and had zero lag this was big surprise! Was in highest level and ran Level 28 Pally. Had zero issues and had multiple drops. Do have a question? I use Nightmare (tier 2) Does Vampirism affect drops? If it does, did not matter because frequency of drops was fine.Mabar is a GO please carry on

Quote Originally Posted by 2x4 View Post
    Logged in and had zero lag this was big surprise! Was in highest level and ran Level 28 Pally. Had zero issues and had multiple drops. Do have a question? I use Nightmare (tier 2) Does Vampirism affect drops? If it does, did not matter because frequency of drops was fine.Mabar is a GO please carry on
    Interesting, my level 12 got under 500 motes within the 30 minutes I was there. I suppose their "adjusted for higher levels" really meant "if you're not at cap, don't bother". Mabar fail.

Community Member

Default Mabar, Mk 9.24.13

Was happily running amok killing stuff on my Fvs (28), only ran into 1 silly issue. Hell Ball. If I target a lich with it (as if you get to quietly choose what your going to target in the middle of a melee) you get Immune (and the little acid symbol) and it goes away. It does not explode damaging the other monsters around it, just got to nothing. He might be immune and take no damage but it should still pass through him or explode. I guess I should just be happy they did not give a cant do that in public.

would be nice if you make these item account bound... don't really felt like wasting hours of work to get something that will only sustain one life..

Community Member

Didn't expect this. Stuck on a level 13, I just went in with a 9-14 group and shockingly we succeeded.

But numbers are going to be a problem longer term. There just usually aren't enough people at lower levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    But numbers are going to be a problem longer term. There just usually aren't enough people at lower levels.
    Agreed. Worse yet, went in at level 12, joined the group for 12-17 (or sth like that) on the LFM panel, and the thing sticks me into the 9-14 range with one other person. WHY????

Community Member

One thing I noticed (on Khyber, if it matters), the 16-20 instance was spawning CR12 Shadows and Wight Priests who gave a "this creature was too weak to give rewards" to my level 18 character. I'm assuming that's a bug?

Also, not only did I run into the aforementioned intangible vampires, it seemed that even when we could beat them (or a Vampire Lord who could be targeted) they never dropped a Fang, was that just our instance or are other people finding the same?

Also also, when I died and released the ambient noise from the graveyard stayed, ended up setting that volume to 0 because of how annoying it got.
    Last edited by stilesm1; 09-24-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Played for an hour and a half.

-Mummies sliding around on their backs.

-Vamps are invisible to all but pets. Red name vamps are visible.

-only saw 2 keys drop in over an hour of play.

-other drops went from dropping regularly to nothing dropping for over 15 minutes at a time.

-Successfully killed dragon. got signet and dragon scale. There were reports from some that they received 2 scales from one kill.

-if instances are going to be separated by levels, the types mobs spawned should possibly be specific to those blocks of levels. Had numerous mobs spawning that were under level for our group. group was 16 to 19 in levels. had wights and shadows spawning and not giving credit due to being under level. don't know if 16 spawns these. instance was a 16 to 20 instance. mobs that will not give credit to those levels should not be spawning at all in a 16 to 20 level instance. especially if there are going to be 15 minute gaps in drop rates. don't need under level mobs sucking up our drops.

-monk's incinerating wave does not work for those that may not already know that. public instance nonsense that should really be addressed for an event like this.

-Spawned mobs vanish way too quickly. By the time I got to them from a high perch or run up a hill they were already white boxing out. And that is after attacking them. Swing a fist, mob white boxes. Let them stick around a bit longer after being attacked.
    Last edited by Samir_Bennal; 09-24-2013 at 07:50 PM.
    Main - Dinomyte, Leader of the Cult of the Onyx Pikachu
    Alts - Skrapheep, Nimbleklutz, Magnarok, Metocalypse

Let me enter the level 26+ group on my level 25. Please. I haven't leveled anyone up past 25 because there is no incentive to. I was in a 21-25 zone with less than 16 people so I left. I think there is too much level-spread. I have all my destinies capped. I'm pretty awesome, even without epic spell power +20.

Was in a 26-30 Dragon on Ghallanda... Crippling lag hit everyone, causing multiple deaths and an altar to be destroyed.

Aside from that, it's the same problem(s) as previous years... Small groups and individual people kill-stealing (whatever you want to call it), not only on the 12-man groups, but on people trying to get kills solo. Pretty much impossible to find a remote location to farm by yourself, or with a group. If a group changes instances, the leechers just follow your group. Still think they need to allow raid groups to have their own instances of the graveyard.

The leashes are too short on some mobs... Have had more than a few Liches run back to "spellcaster distance" and get reset.
    Have seen entire groups spawn only to disappear 2-3 seconds later.
    They could probably just look at the complaints from last year to see what still needs fixed with this event.
    Last edited by Velluminous; 09-24-2013 at 07:46 PM.
    DDO Player since 2006. Lifetime VIP. Originally from Lhazaar; Now residing on Ghallanda.
    Check my (far from complete) DDO walkthrough videos at Youtube.com/Velluminous

Community Member

Default Lag?

Just finished to visit mabar..... it was pretty funny...

till we get into chamber.... then we laged for like 30 secs or +.... all sides fail. =D

Such a nice way to waste a key.

Default Mabar

I always love Mabar and am glad for this test check.

Problems I found:
    - My character is a lvl 6 barb - 1 rouge so I went into the 4-7 range. All the creatures I found were below my level there so I kicked it up to 7 - 12 or whatever the next was. Even there I generally found the majority below be at a high of lvl 6. Need to raise the creature levels to give players more of a challenge.

- Pet's. Kept trying to attack pet's. Generally could care less about them in the Marketplace etc.... but I don't think they belong in the Graveyard.

- Spellcasters finding a high point to guard and then throwing fireballs at anything they see. Come on and give the rest of us a chance.

- Lag's going to get bad with the level ranges you currently have. Need to tighten them up.

Creature Add:
    - Ghostly wolves / dogs would make a good addition (came to me while trying to attack someone's pet!)

Need some better music / sound effects; spooky to set the scene. Just like pirate island get's the squeeze boxes that set the scene so well.

All in all I can't wait till it's time to play.
    Aias Iceforge. Barbarian Ice Dwarf - Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by burningwind View Post
    would be nice if you make these item account bound... don't really felt like wasting hours of work to get something that will only sustain one life..
    ^this

Or at the very least, allow us to purchase each level's upgrade separately (similar to Euphonia's Challenge) so that you don't have to turn-in the previous level's item to upgrade. Or, allow us to deconstruct items to receive motes back. With as many changes we've seen in the game and with characters since Mabar first launched, I have numerous items on several characters that are now entirely useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Default Sneak Attack

Indeed it was a sneak attack of lag... behind my back as I watched myself not moving and all the objectives fail.

R.I.P Ethereal Key 9/24/2013- 9/24/2013

You will be missed.
    Last edited by 0F5TUFF; 09-24-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebless View Post
    - Lag's going to get bad with the level ranges you currently have. Need to tighten them up.
    Tighten them up? Jeebuz man, no way! I dare you to say this to the 3 people in the 9-14 level range who went into Dragon on Ghallanda today.

Quote Originally Posted by Borris007 View Post
    The other thing is the super quick reset of monsters in some occasion, like they spawn and litteraly 2 seconds after they reset and vanish...
    Same here. Between mobCR not matching selected instance and 5ft leash whiteboxing mobs, I'd say I've seen enough. Unfixed problems from last year. No thanks to mabar this year for me.

Big lag during the dragon fight, ~10s to see a spell getting cast after using it, if it registered at all. Didnt get to see the dragon, because another chamber failed. Disappointing, but not unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Let me enter the level 26+ group on my level 25. Please. I haven't leveled anyone up past 25 because there is no incentive to. I was in a 21-25 zone with less than 16 people so I left. I think there is too much level-spread. I have all my destinies capped. I'm pretty awesome, even without epic spell power +20.
    As much as I understand you, please don't. We had a Lv25 in the 26-30 zone and I (Lv28) often wasn't getting rewards because the creatures were too weak.
    NedrilFavored Soul . GidraMonkcher . LambalorBard . Cannith

"(Dungeon Master): The dark of Eternal Night has drawn its cloak over Delera's Graveyard. Attend the Mabar Festival... if you dare."

eh, yea, sure... maybe if you fix the lag at that dragon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gDra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    As much as I understand you, please don't. We had a Lv25 in the 26-30 zone and I (Lv28) often wasn't getting rewards because the creatures were too weak.
    What gDra said. I was level 26 in the 26-30 zone and was getting "creature too weak" messages because of lower level players running around.
    Last edited by Velluminous; 09-24-2013 at 07:54 PM.
    DDO Player since 2006. Lifetime VIP. Originally from Lhazaar; Now residing on Ghallanda.
    Check my (far from complete) DDO walkthrough videos at Youtube.com/Velluminous

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast