Community Member

Default Advice on my lvl 16 sorc

Ok so my sorc is on his second life (first life sorc, second life sorc) and I have gone fire both times. This time around I seem to have less people to play with and thus solo more often. The problem being that it seems like EVERYTHING is fire immune around lvl16. What element should I respec into if any at all?

Maybe pickup some acid spells....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    Maybe pickup some acid spells....
    Ice tears things a new one. Cycle through the SLAs for basic damage. Toss in a otiluke's or cone of cold every so often for massive cluster slaughter. Dmg wiLl roll off your screen. Things die fast. Its a ton of fun.

I took lightning as my secondary focus. Ive tried earth, acid before but was not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Catteras View Post
    Ice tears things a new one. Cycle through the SLAs for basic damage. Toss in a otiluke's or cone of cold every so often for massive cluster slaughter. Dmg wiLl roll off your screen. Things die fast. Its a ton of fun.

I took lightning as my secondary focus. Ive tried earth, acid before but was not a fan.
    Well since he's a fire savant ice would be kinda counter productive. I wasn't suggesting switching his savant...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    Well since he's a fire savant ice would be kinda counter productive. I wasn't suggesting switching his savant...
    Enhancement trees can be reset... I reset one yesterday for about 4k plat. Not too bad. If he takes fire tree, then he couldn't take ice tree, so yes, ice spells wouldn't be worth much at that point. Besides, the real kicker and the great thing about sorcs now is the SLAs. Practically free arse kicking. So, he would need to reset the tree to take ice tree, that's all. Not hard, nor expensive (at least for the first time afaik).
    -Taters
    Argonnessen: Catteras, Lukie, Totalle, Paularubia, Momentte, Complette, Malaena, Lethale, Tottalle
    Some clever quote is supposed to go here, right?

Community Member

It's not too debilitating to come across foes that are commonly immune to your primary element, as long as you have a decent secondary element. That's why I believe sorcerers should always have a decent secondary element. My personal favourite combination is Fire and Air. I've played that to 20 as both a primary fire savant, and a primary air savant, on two different lives. They're both evocation based schools, they both have good area nukes, air gives fire a boss-killer DoT (Eladar's Electric Surge), fire gives air persistent AoE (Fire Wall).

I also recommend picking up prismatic spray if you don't already have it - that's a nice off-beat spell to include, and has the potential to take out enemies with pesky immunities.

The good news for fire is that after the stretch you're presently on, you'll start to come across quests with some big fire vulnerabilities. Fire is a fantastic primary element for the demonweb.

Community Member

Another vote for Air + Fire. Get wings from air but capstone from fire.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Another vote for Air + Fire. Get wings from air but capstone from fire.
    Why fire? Is this now usefull at high level?

Quote Originally Posted by lestade555 View Post
    Why fire? Is this now usefull at high level?
    Fire is one the best element in the current end-game. Meteor Swarm is just awesome and Wall of Fire has always been good.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Fire is one the best element in the current end-game. Meteor Swarm is just awesome and Wall of Fire has always been good.
    Ok thx