Community Member

Default Recommended Past Lives for Druid

I have a level 20 pure druid (1st life) which I play as a caster and really enjoy. Which past lives are recommended for caster druids?

Thanks in advance for any info.

3 sorc 1 wiz

My druid is a DC caster with adequate melee & stunning fist. (17druid/2monk/1wiz)

I've done 3sorc lives, 1wiz life, 3fighter lives, 3monk lives & 3pally lives.

I was tempted to do 3fvs lives for the spell points, but ended up going with the melee option since I could fit the feats in without sacrificing DC's / spell power at all.

3sorc then 1 wiz is definitely the priority for any caster druid pastlives imo.

Ye. 3 Sorc 1 Wiz.

Everything FtD says is dead-on too if you're splashing monk for some melee action, particularly the fighter PLs.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Community Member

Thanks to all, and also the explanations :-) Will keep in mind the melee stuff, however that will be very far down the line.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Malleable View Post
    I have a level 20 pure druid (1st life) which I play as a caster and really enjoy. Which past lives are recommended for caster druids?
    I fully agree that 1 Wiz, 3 Sorc would be the low-hanging fruit here for you.

Also: 3 Druid are not useless if you use your Wolf (or summoned creatures, or even hirelings) much at all.

Not nearly as much of a priority, but decent, note that a few of your damage spells are Conjuration, so Cleric lives are helpful, too.

I am planning on 3 each Clr, Druid, FVS, Sorc, Wiz. If you are thinking long term, I might would look into Pally PL for saves.

**EDIT** I might would think of Barbarian PL for HP also. But the caster lives are much more useful.
    Last edited by susiedupfer; 09-20-2013 at 06:20 AM.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

My Druid still needs all 3 Sorc Lives, 2 more FvS and possibly a couple cleric lives. That's a lot of TRing to cram into the next couple of months to get it all done before the Epic TR system hits.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Tier 1: Wizard x1, Sorcerer x3, Cleric x3
    Tier 2: Paladin X1, Wizard x2, FvS x3
    Tier 3: Druid x3, Paladin x2, Barbarian x3

The Tier 2 Wiz/FvS lives are if you want to use the few spells with SR (notably Finger and Balance)
    The first Paladin PL gives you the extra multiplier so it has extra oomph, but all 3 are great for any class that does small bits of healing (bard/clr/dru)
    Barbarian is if you're a glutton for 30hp.
    Playing (and dying) since Open Beta...