Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Angry [Epic Destiny Feats] HellBall

Does anyone know how to really get hellball?
    I've got a level 28 character with 2 capped arcane ed's yet i can't obtain hellball feat.
    Also, i selected toughness feat as my level 28 feat, yet i can't exchange it for a different epic feat.

Just to double check you have 2 saying "maximum epic xp achieved"? That's all you should need. As for fred, he's always buggy it may take an lr instead, fred hasn't worked right since motu.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Irenicus View Post
    I've got a level 28 character with 2 capped arcane ed's yet i can't obtain hellball feat.
    Also, i selected toughness feat as my level 28 feat, yet i can't exchange it for a different epic feat.
    Do you actually have them capped or do you just have them at level 5? There are 4 more pips and a final bar of exp to fill after level 5 for it to count towards epic destiny feats.

Hellball sucks anyway, you'll be disappointed.

Its DC is 20 + caster stat modifier, so even if you have a 60 cha/int, that will still only get you a 45 DC which is not nearly good enough for EE and most EH content.

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post

Its DC is 20 + caster stat modifier, so even if you have a 60 cha/int, that will still only get you a 45 DC which is not nearly good enough for EE and most EH content.
    Very true I took mass frog for fun on my druid, it's fun, it works like old wail and is a blast in lowbie content where you don't need it anyways. I'll probably switch it out for more spwr soon as it's pretty useless.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Very true I took mass frog for fun on my druid, it's fun, it works like old wail and is a blast in lowbie content where you don't need it anyways. I'll probably switch it out for more spwr soon as it's pretty useless.
    Just to play devils advocate here, hell isn't so bad. Maybe they should change hellball to be like dancing ball except with a bunch of demons summoned to mosh along and do aoe stomp damage.

Now that's a hell ball.

I was pretty annoyed to see a spell pen check on mass frog
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

That's it? We should get evocation DC bonuses at least. Guess I won't waste my feat on that.

Hellball (and Mass Frog and Forced Escape) are level 10 spells. Thus the usual spell formula applies (10 + spell level + casting stat + modifiers).

Hellball is a evocation effect. Mass Frog is a transmutation effect, and Forced Escape I don't know (but sounds like Abjuration).
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

If a feat is called 'hellball' you already know that is completely useless and worthless designed by a dev who never played DDO end game most likely.

A lot of the ddo epic destiny feats are screwed up in what they say they need.

Like the spell power feats... even with CAPPED (not tier 5 but full exp) draconic they wont show up, with CAPPED magister they don't show up.

With CAPPED sentinel the 1 destiny epic focus's wont show up, you have to cap angel to.

Sorry for the caps on capped, but every time a thread like this shows up someone has to ask "do you have them capped or just teir 5" to anyone who complains about the ed feats being boned

That's not all of em that are boned either, just a few.

So turbine boned implementation, and a lot of the feats themselves, what a surprise.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by phillipsjr1 View Post
    Do you actually have them capped or do you just have them at level 5? There are 4 more pips and a final bar of exp to fill after level 5 for it to count towards epic destiny feats.
    After i TRed, it was fixed.
    However, hellball feat shouldn't be counted as epic.
    It only does 200-400 damage :/
    I'm very disappointed.
    Last edited by Jon_Irenicus; 09-03-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Just to play devils advocate here, hell isn't so bad. Maybe they should change hellball to be like dancing ball except with a bunch of demons summoned to mosh along and do aoe stomp damage.

Now that's a hell ball.
    Well actually it's based on http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/hellball.htm

At least it didn't keep the "The character takes 10d6 points of damage upon casting (in addition to burning 200 XP)" component. I guess this is how DDO is going to get epic spellcasting? Burn a feat?

Quote Originally Posted by Fundamental View Post
    If a feat is called 'hellball' you already know that is completely useless and worthless designed by a dev who never played DDO end game most likely.
    I can't blame them for naming it "Hellball" since the spell is older than DDO.

After i TRed, it was fixed.
    However, hellball feat shouldn't be counted as epic.
    It only does 200-400 damage :/
    I'm very disappointed.
    It does more then that. Was in group with wiz who did over 10k on a crit so not bad I guess.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    It does more then that. Was in group with wiz who did over 10k on a crit so not bad I guess.
    How much spellpower did this wiz have elemental wise on his character sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by phillipsjr1 View Post
    You have to Completely finish an ED. Not just get it to level five. Finish it. Max XP.
    Argonessen: Breyard, Kayuss, Breymer, Vilar, Zhanmadao
    Disclaimer: All my posts are in the official DnD language of Common. Common is not a standardised language, so if you think you see a spelling mistake - you are wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Hellball (and Mass Frog and Forced Escape) are level 10 spells. Thus the usual spell formula applies (10 + spell level + casting stat + modifiers).

Hellball is a evocation effect. Mass Frog is a transmutation effect, and Forced Escape I don't know (but sounds like Abjuration).
    That's how it should be, I definately don't get any + to transmutation from the druid capstone or gear on mass frog.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post

it costs 94 sp, and does on average for my sorc 200+200+200+200 for a total of 800 damage over 4 balls.

this is a terrible feat, and a trap for those who are uninformed.

either reduce it to like 6 sp cost, or make it do about 20k damage consistently every cast, cause non crits for my eburst do 4k damage, and it is about 1/5th the price.

Please uber buff hellball.

edit: no clue how your wizard friend got 10k, but if he linked a single 10k nunmber (like 10,000 acid rather than 2k of this plus 2k of that plus 2k of this plus 4k of that) then you got the wrong ability lol.
    Last edited by kierg10; 09-03-2013 at 07:17 PM.
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Wait a minute... Am I understanding this correctly?

Our "host of new Epic Spells & Feats" includes just four spells that are actually feats that aren't any more epic than regular spells? Please tell me I'm missing something important here. No, I don't have a bunch of capped destinies so I can't see the list. Are there any of this "host" that are worth taking? If so, what sphere(s) are they attached to?
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast