Community Member

Default savant resist penalties

Is there a bug with savant resist for picking an element or am I reading the enhancements wrong? I only have 3 core nodes in earth savant and 1 core node in fire but my resist energy spells are terribly reduced. +20 resist in electric gets me only 3 out of 20 resist. 20 resist in cold gets me 10. I don't have elemental form yet and that's the only enhancement I saw that says it actually reduces resist by 10.

I tried using items instead but they act just like the spell and are still at reduced numbers of 3 and 10. acid and fire buff fine.

Community Member

no one else is having a problem with this? I find it strange that I lose 17 resistance to electric when i use a 20 electric resist gear enhancement of spell just for investing into the earth savant line. The same things started in cold when i started investing in fire savant core passives. Not only that the timers are reduced by about 5 mins as my 8 my fire and acid resist buffs go for 8 mins and my electric and cold resist buffs last for 3 mins.

The savant lines say nothing about losing any resist outside of elemental form and I don't even have elemental form yet.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledtyrant View Post
    no one else is having a problem with this? I find it strange that I lose 17 resistance to electric when i use a 20 electric resist gear enhancement of spell just for investing into the earth savant line. The same things started in cold when i started investing in fire savant core passives. Not only that the timers are reduced by about 5 mins as my 8 my fire and acid resist buffs go for 8 mins and my electric and cold resist buffs last for 3 mins.

The savant lines say nothing about losing any resist outside of elemental form and I don't even have elemental form yet.
    What level are you? Your core abilities increase and decrease caster levels 1 each, so you may just be seeing the reduced effectiveness of the reduced caster level (though your #'s don't makes sense unless you have some sort of elemental resistance buff/penalty on top of that in small increments, like One With Soil).

Community Member

it looks like I was getting reduced caster level from resist energy becuase of my earth savant nodes. I did not know resist energy was treated as an elemental spell. My electric caster level was reduced so my electric resist energy was doing casting at below caster level. What I don't understand however is how a +20 electric spell got taken down to +3.

I also don't get why equipping electric resist through gear enhancements is under the same penalty. Sonic for whatever reason was not effects by my earth savant nodes.

At level 7 I received 3 electric resist out of 20. At level 9 now I received 10 electric resist out of 20. This is with 3 enhancement core earth savant enhancements.

Soon I will have protection from elements at level 10 so I guess I can ignore the resist altogether, but I have been getting really screwed over by electricity lately since my buffs for resist are so suppressed. It only takes 1 ball lightning or 2 casters popping chain lightning and I drop without even being able to respond. This is at 145-164 hp under false life in level 9-12 dungeons normal-elite.