Community Member

Default if i had this character, I would [INSERT ADVCIE HERE]

Once upon a time, I decided to build the ultimate sorcerer. It would be a completionist and have 3x caster lives. When the cap was 20, that was a pretty nice Sorcerer.

Well, time moves on and so did my Sorcerer. I have recently finished and have the following:

3x Wiz, Sorc, Cleric, FvS, Barb, Pally PLs
    1x All other PLs
    EDs all maxed
    Still haven't used the LR+20
    +5 tomes in CHA AND INT, +4 everywhere else

Current build is a Human Sorc, Lvl 27

My dream all along was to build a Sorc who could insta-kill and also deal lotsa damage. I have held on to my dream even though the game has moved on from me and am trying to figure out what to do now.

Between EDs and the Enhancement Pass, seems like Palemasters can get much further ahead on DCs (and I assume the game set the mobs up to be a challenge even for them).

I don't know what kind of DCs are needed to land Insta-death these days in EE content.

Obviously I am aware of Shiradi builds but I feel like its a bit of a waste of all the past lives to run that. I could roll a Bladeforged and get pretty darn close to my current Sorc probably in terms of damage output. When Bladeforged can TR, I will do 3x Sorc + 1x Wiz and then a bladeforged for a tradtional 18/2 shirdai with Pally. So I 'd rather not have two Shiradi Sorcs.

I looked at doing 18 Sorc/2 Wiz but it doesn't seem like it does much.

I could just TR/LR into a Wizard and move on but before I do, would like to see if anyone has a suggestion.

So, creative people - I call on you. What would you do with this Sorc? Can you build a Sorc who can insta-kill good enough? Or do I bail on it?

I'm really not as good as you can be, so you'll gain little from my suggestion.

Be your choice wizard or sorcerer, I was thinking about race.
    According to me, if you want maximum DC, you should consider Drow. After Enhancement Pass, you can choose between dex, int and cha for ability-increasing enhancements.

So a human can start at 18 cha/int, +1 from enhancements. A drow starts 20 cha/int, +2 from enhancements.

Quote Originally Posted by Durten2 View Post
    Well, time moves on and so did my Sorcerer. I have recently finished and have the following:

3x Wiz, Sorc, Cleric, FvS, Barb, Pally PLs
    1x All other PLs
    EDs all maxed
    Still haven't used the LR+20
    +5 tomes in CHA AND INT, +4 everywhere else

Current build is a Human Sorc, Lvl 27

So, creative people - I call on you. What would you do with this Sorc? Can you build a Sorc who can insta-kill good enough? Or do I bail on it?
    I'd suggest grabbing your next 2 Druid Past Lives while you wait for the Next update and possible TR Changes personally.

If you get thru those Druid Past Lives too fast then you can always grab another Monk, Ranger, Rogue, Arti or Fighter Past Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Durten2 View Post
    Once upon a time, I decided to build the ultimate sorcerer. It would be a completionist and have 3x caster lives. When the cap was 20, that was a pretty nice Sorcerer.
    ~snip~
    The days of good ol' instakilling as we remember them are gone.

With that in mind I'm in about the same position as you are, 3x Wiz, Sorc, Fvs PLs, 1x everything else (was lazy to do Clr, Pally)

Except for the PW:K in new EE you'll pretty much have to prep the mobs before instakilling. I'm currently looking at 56 Necro DC on my Sorc which is somewhat reliable on low fort mobs such as casters. Everything else will pretty much require one or two energy drains. Alas as a sorc you have your nukes which will deal with that.

I'm kind of happy with how my DI necro nuker is preforming in EEs, yet it's far behind how it used to work while endgame was 20.

Note: Not as gamebreakingly good as shiradi mm spammer but 10x more fun and challenging to play.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=