Community Member

Default 14 sorc 4arti 2pally

ive been experimenting with an air savant build, with the first 3 slas from arti, so far ive been running around as a bf at 9 sorc 2 pally 4 arti and ive been destroying other pure sorcs in terms of kills, and the sorc i was running with oom'd 3 times, yet me with 400sp less didnt need to shrine once (epic madstone). I know the build works, but my question is this, do i stick with my current build, or drop 2 levels in sorc to get the enhance in arty that grants 1 temp sp everytime i cast a spell (slas are included), means i will miss out on lvl 7 spells, but is it worth it to make me never run out of sp ever. another bonus to the 2 arty levels is the extra skillpoints, with base int of 16 im having trouble keeping all the skills i want at max. thanks for your time

Community Member

So the Arty SLA's are not based on artificer level?

Community Member

my pure 20 arti actually does about the same if not slightly less with his SLA's because of the +3max caster levels to elec, so im guessing its not based on arti level, because if it was i would have 10caster lvls in arti and 7 in the multiclasser, but it may be based on caster level but the 4 max caster levels you get from air savant offset any loss in arti levels
    edit: if it is based on arti caster level, going 6 arti would make the slas just as powerful as full arti

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by richieelias27 View Post
    after testing the arti slas do use arti level, which has made 12 sorc 6arti 2 pally win out. i am doing fairly significantly more dps, and at the cost of around 100sp i have made each spell cost 1sp less, so thankyou for pointing that out, it has inproved my spec by a fairly significant margin

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tdsthom View Post
    after testing the arti slas do use arti level, which has made 12 sorc 6arti 2 pally win out. i am doing fairly significantly more dps, and at the cost of around 100sp i have made each spell cost 1sp less, so thankyou for pointing that out, it has inproved my spec by a fairly significant margin
    Quite interesting... My main beef with the sorc level 12 ability was that it is difficult to make stacks of conduction without either blowing through spell points with maximized non SLA spells, or wasting time casting weak non SLA spells. Sounds like this fixes that issue. I'll have to try it out myself!

This seems like a good build for leveling and non-epic content, but how will you fare once you hit Epic High Road, Epic GH, and the New Epic Content?
    "Melkorr (Completionist "Toaster of Vengeance") ~ Angrond (TWF Jugg) ~ Telchacar ~ Celebrimor (Bank) ~ Manados
    Thelanis

Officer of The Innfellows

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thesnoman View Post
    This seems like a good build for leveling and non-epic content, but how will you fare once you hit Epic High Road, Epic GH, and the New Epic Content?
    havent actually done any epic content yet, my 2 mains are sitting at 20, so i will see how it fairs when i get there, might not work very well but we will see when i get there, after all nothing ventured nothing gained

Quote Originally Posted by tdsthom View Post
    ive been experimenting with an air savant build, with the first 3 slas from arti, so far ive been running around as a bf at 9 sorc 2 pally 4 arti and ive been destroying other pure sorcs in terms of kills, and the sorc i was running with oom'd 3 times, yet me with 400sp less didnt need to shrine once (epic madstone). I know the build works, but my question is this, do i stick with my current build, or drop 2 levels in sorc to get the enhance in arty that grants 1 temp sp everytime i cast a spell (slas are included), means i will miss out on lvl 7 spells, but is it worth it to make me never run out of sp ever. another bonus to the 2 arty levels is the extra skillpoints, with base int of 16 im having trouble keeping all the skills i want at max. thanks for your time
    Redoing my staginated level 12 arti gave me the same idea.
    So I rolled up a new sorc with a 4 arti splash. Been fun so far (level 6 2sorc 4arti) but its tough to make a build that doesn't smash everything below 10 even with out any twink.

-----
    By reading here I should consider going 6arti for more oomph on the arti SLAs.

:::::::
    Do you really think the 2 pally splash is worth it ? With an already multiclass the pally splash seems a bit tough to justify.
    Does it bring more to the party than huge saves that is worth while on a caster build that I'm missing?
    Last edited by Toro12; 08-25-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toro12 View Post
    Redoing my staginated level 12 arti gave me the same idea.
    So I rolled up a new sorc with a 4 arti splash. Been fun so far (level 6 2sorc 4arti) but its tough to make a build that doesn't smash everything below 10 even with out any twink.

-----
    By reading here I should consider going 6arti for more oomph on the arti SLAs.

:::::::
    Do you really think the 2 pally splash is worth it ? With an already multiclass the pally splash seems a bit tough to justify.
    Does it bring more to the party than huge saves that is worth while on a caster build that I'm missing?
    in all honesty 14 sorc 6 arti might work better, all the 2 pally brings to the table is the saves and loh really, but i wanted to make a bladeforged, and its either 1 pally, or 2 pally for the saves. 4 arti would work too, those 2 caster levels for the sla's are nice, but the 6 arti core skill that gives you 1 temp sp everytime you cast a spell tempted me too much, and it does help, i can do norms and hards at level without shrining, but most of the new quests have so many shrines it dosent matter too much, but i like it

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by richieelias27 View Post
    They are, but they cap at CL:10.

I'm intrigued by the build concept, but historically the issue for MCed casters like this has been getting your DCs high enough to keep your spells relevant in more difficult content. This goes double for electric-specced casters, since most of your spells have Reflex saves and so many higher-lvl mobs have Evasion. OTOH, there may be some interesting synergies w/Shiradi, if you can just cycle thru your lightning SLAs fast enough.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.