Default Need assistance with a U19 ranger build

Was planning on just using a +20 lesser heart on live when the update hit. The character I was doing it on is a 20 halforc barb. I know half orc isnt really the best option for a arcane archer. anyways I was looking for a build thats going to be able to be somewhat self sufficient that could solo EE's and would prefer not to use silverflame pots, I dont like the penaltys to your stats you get from that lol. I wanted to try the str based ranger approach but im not quite sure how to stat a 36pt half orc and what feats I should grab
    Last edited by shabam; 08-18-2013 at 03:24 PM.

For an AA you need:
    Dex to hit
    Str for Damage (I believe Elves can use dex for damage with bows now? Need to check that)
    Con for health

Wis, Int and Cha are dump stats.

You get more than enough wisdom from items for spells so dont worry about that.

Point Blank Shot is one of your best skills it gives you +1 hit and +1[W]
    Combat Archery - Stacks ontop of PBS to get another +1[W] and 2% dodge
    Improved Critical
    Precision +5% to hit and 25% bypass
    Mental Toughness - You need spell points
    Toughness - You need hp
    Epic - The new haste feet, haste is a bigger oomf for ranged than melee so not being hasted isn't good.

Since you won't be dex based precision is a definite must and you can have this activated at the same time as Improved Precise Shot or Archers Focus.

Thats the basics to being viable at end game. I would also recommend looking at dodge and the other new epic feats.

I won't build it for you but I will point you in the direction of whats good and what to look at, make sure you look at the enhancement tree first and check prerequisites as always.
    "(Party): [Party] Mislabeled: you were killed by Qrazydirections"

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconShadow View Post
    For an AA you need:
    Dex to hit
    Str for Damage (I believe Elves can use dex for damage with bows now? Need to check that)
    Con for health

Wis, Int and Cha are dump stats.

You get more than enough wisdom from items for spells so dont worry about that.

Point Blank Shot is one of your best skills it gives you +1 hit and +1[W]
    Combat Archery - Stacks ontop of PBS to get another +1[W] and 2% dodge
    Improved Critical
    Precision +5% to hit and 25% bypass
    Mental Toughness - You need spell points
    Toughness - You need hp
    Epic - The new haste feet, haste is a bigger oomf for ranged than melee so not being hasted isn't good.

Since you won't be dex based precision is a definite must and you can have this activated at the same time as Improved Precise Shot or Archers Focus.

Thats the basics to being viable at end game. I would also recommend looking at dodge and the other new epic feats.

I won't build it for you but I will point you in the direction of whats good and what to look at, make sure you look at the enhancement tree first and check prerequisites as always.
    Excellent thanks bud! i ended up making a Helf 12bard/6ranger/2rogue and I love it