Community Member

Default +20 lesser reincarnate heart with alignment change

Is there a way to use the +20 heart and switch from 20paladin to 20barbarian or viceversa ?

It seems to me that I can't change alignment before the lesser,
    but I can't use it during my lesser either 'cause when I try to use the alignment change item from the store It says to me I need to be in a tavern.

Any Ideas?
    Yeela - Favored Soul Healer and Nuker
    Xylah - Pally Arcane Archer
    Redsonjah - Barbarian DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Aviya View Post
    Is there a way to use the +20 heart and switch from 20paladin to 20barbarian or viceversa ?

but I can't use it during my lesser either 'cause when I try to use the alignment change item from the store It says to me I need to be in a tavern.

Any Ideas?
    Pretty much sol, I've had cases where I forgot to use an alignment change before an lr and the gm response was "Too bad you should have read closer and paid better attention." I don't think you have any real options.

Community Member

Any Ideas?
    That's a tough one as you have to be Lawful Good to be a Paladin and you can't swap it out before you LR. Might have to choose a class that can be LG or TR into a barb. Sucks, I feel for ya. :/

Community Member

It's ok Prep, I was only testing this thing on lammania so I didn't waste any money to buy alignment change.
    It is still a bit silly cause the fix would be so simple!
    They should just make the lesser reincarnation airship a tavern area so one can change alignment on the ship before take lvl 2.
    We could be able to lesser from 20 barbarian to 18 paladin/2 fighter or from 20 paladin to 18 barbarian/2 fighter.
    They would have sold many alignment change tokens tomorrow and instead they will get no money XD
    Epic Fail

Any Ideas?
    LR+20 from pally into anything BUT barbarian, bard, or druid.
    1776 Growing Liberty for Centuries 2022

Community Member

Actually Can't they change the lesser reincarnation airship for the next patch? That way we can save the heart and reincarnate only when it will be possible to change alignment on the ship.
    Would be nice to have a dev answer to this

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

They stopped allowing alignment changes on the reincarnate ships due to characters becoming bugged or illegal combos so I don't see a way to do it I wish there was I would love to get a barb life that easy on my monk

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Member

Any Ideas?
    This has caused me to stop playing. The spec on my bard was broken (still playable but not in a way that feels immersive or interesting to me) during the enhancement pass. Found a new class combination that appears interesting but involves a monk build. There is apparently no way I can use the +20 LR to switch to a class combination I want to play even by spending in the store for alignment change tokens. I don't see any reason why setting alignment should not be possible for the one-use LR. Utterly frustrating...

Quote Originally Posted by Talan View Post
    This has caused me to stop playing. The spec on my bard was broken (still playable but not in a way that feels immersive or interesting to me) during the enhancement pass. Found a new class combination that appears interesting but involves a monk build. There is apparently no way I can use the +20 LR to switch to a class combination I want to play even by spending in the store for alignment change tokens. I don't see any reason why setting alignment should not be possible for the one-use LR. Utterly frustrating...
    As was mentioned above, allowing it to be used mid stream could cause broken characters and illegal characters - in fact it DID when they allowed it originally. Monk/Barbarians are bad...well...broken anyway

I find it silly for you to say you stopped playing over this. Your options are:

1) Start a new character
    2) Use the LR+20 to get you most of what you want, then alignment change, then an additional LR+whatever
    3) TR

If you really quit over this you were done playing anyway.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    They stopped allowing alignment changes on the reincarnate ships due to characters becoming bugged or illegal combos so I don't see a way to do it I wish there was I would love to get a barb life that easy on my monk
    actually what they dubbed illegal comboes are totally legit in PnP as players can in PnP through role play actions change alignment, and in fact for a number of years the standard is to just allow it as long as there is some minor lvl of RP justification because in the end one cant expect a person to enjoy or bother to continue playing a character they do not really want to be using.

Keep in mind alot of what we do here in DDO is illegal by pnp rules like being able to go back to classes like paladin and monk and lvl them up after multi classing out of them, those are meant to be hard limits only certain PRC had as a benefit to allow working around.

In PnP nothing stops a barbarian from leaving behind the simple life of a savage and becoming an orderly lawful follower of a good god and becoming a paladin, he even keeps all his abilities except rage, but due to options like the elven barbarian wind dancer who instead of raging got a speed boost and flurry ability during their wind dance, which did not get removed if they where lawful, an elven barbarian/paladin of some nature diety was a pretty common thing to see around table tops in my experience.

While some including old devs saw it as broken, it is actually not to allow things like a bard giving up his chaotic nature to become a paladin, while still retaining his bardic skills.

The limit we have is just another heavy handed nerf by turbine, dont think its justified or acceptable as all it does is lead to issues like the OP is having.

Community Member

I understand the issues about avoiding illegal classes in a standard LR. However in the +20 LR the character is basically being redesigned from scratch due to fundamental changes in the game design. The alignment selection could take place in the creation screen before a class level is even selected.