Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for the note. I'd be lovely if we had some more preview time. Like Ron, the ddowiki people would like to prepare as much as possible info on the new enhancements before the 19th onto the wiki.

Lamannia being up will help the community to adjust to the changes of Monday.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    We've brought Lamannia down this morning at about 10am eastern (GMT-4)

Thanks for coming out to the first open beta and keep your eyes here for more information to come!

Thanks!
    First open beta? That implies there will be a second Open Beta... I thought the target release date was in 6 days...

And you hit code freeze.

So things like:
    Elf Spell Pen/ASF reduction
    Cannith Challenge gear being borked
    Lack of Devotion in enhancement trees
    Traps dropped by Trapsmiths not being spottable
    The DM voice overs only triggering for one person in the quest
    Heroic GH map being fixed, but Epic still broken.
    *Infinte Loops in Stormhorns quest

Wouldn't be addressed.

(I expect the Infinite loop to be addressed actually. Though I guess there's a good chance you'll just go live with that one quest offline and the whole chain broken... like the CitW raid)

Haven't realy seen many bugs, but one rather irritating thing I found; the monsters in Epic Normal/Hard Storm Horns seem to show their levels as 10 to low, also notcied that the monsters in EH are just a bit low on hp and damage. Over all though, a real good Beta test period!
    Slow player: puggers beware!

Quote Originally Posted by Arianka View Post
    That's a great resource, it really is, it is very very impressive that he put all that together. So don't take what I'm saying the wrong way. Sadly, that PDF is virtually useless to us trying to program the planner data. It doesn't have the enhancement descriptions. It doesn't tell us what is a multi-box enhancement. It doesn't have the positions of the enhancements on the trees, etc.

That's fine, I'm not saying it should. It just wasn't designed with the character planner in mind It was designed for easy perusing by the users, and at that is excels admirably.

What we really need is to be able to see the trees in game. There just isn't really any other way to collect the data we need to have to program the text files.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    --snip--
    glad to see you guys are taking on the new enhancements. I had wanted to do an online version since it is already fairly similar to the destiny system, and would have been nice to use some of the ddodestiny.info code, but I just flat haven't had the time.
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

****. We were collecting data off of Lama for the Character Planner. We only managed to get data for 12 of the trees (each tree was taking us a couple of hours to input, so it's a pretty slow process). I was kind of expecting it to be up for the rest of the week, hehe. Is it going to be coming back up, or are we hosed?

If it's not coming back, we will have to wait for the 19th to start collecting data, which means we definitely won't be ready to release a new version of the Planner when the update hits.
    The dev's out to be emailing you the information in whatever form you need with all you do for the game. Good luck and thanks for what you do with the planner.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    The dev's out to be emailing you the information in whatever form you need with all you do for the game. Good luck and thanks for what you do with the planner.
    You would think that they would be much more supportive of the fans sites and user generated tools/planner/solvers and such. Much of it is free (extremely positive) marketing and much more helpful than anything "official" that is offered.

And Ron, I too wish to thank you for your efforts! It's a fantastic tool and the new one will be even better! Thanks!

Sadly, that PDF is virtually useless to us trying to program the planner data. It doesn't have the enhancement descriptions. It doesn't tell us what is a multi-box enhancement. It doesn't have the positions of the enhancements on the trees, etc.
    Perhaps y'all should get together, and set up a GitHub repo to store text files of all the collated data? That way anyone could contribute toward getting the data files complete, correct and updated, and anyone could use the data files for their own project.

We do our weekly sessions early in the week and I was hoping to try to do some builds before next Monday so that my team-mates who just want to play have decent builds...

Why can't you all just leave it up?

Being able to transfer characters over and try things is a boon to everyone.

It would be a great resource for everyone.

That and it would help us have the planner updated before launch !

I totally forgot it was down and tried to go in.

So, any word on when you guys will be putting it back up? Like everyone else, things to test and sort out before the 19th.

Thanks
    Psi

Edit: And for God sakes at least let Ron back on there, if no one else.
    Last edited by Psiandron; 08-14-2013 at 07:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Community Member thomascoolone64's Avatar

Devs! I want to play on the Beta... as much as these guys do! Let us play ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

"Ignore the text in the Lamannia launcher claiming to be from Middle Earth. Wat?"

Community Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12