Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

I have to agree. Cormyrians are normal humans. Why they had to make your character look like some half-orc or WoW knockoff is beyond me. I made a character, but I really don't want to play him.

Edit: It is sad because the normal NPCs look cool.

The better question would be why some DDO designer felt a character who was so cartoonishly apish in appearance would appeal?

Community Member

It's time the PDK race got made to look like humans rather than Shrek clones. It's painful to look at the clown feet bobble head model.

Yes, give us a button at CharGen to let us use a human model instead of that thing with a horrific glandular condition.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

good luck with this, there was a much larger outcry when Half Elves were made to look like the banjo playing kid in deliverance and Turbine just shrugged and left them looking like they walked into at door.

Sadly I suspect DDO has neither a real full time skin/texture artist on staff nor a 3d modeler. That's my take away anyway.

Much like Helfs are show Helmet on = not an option, PDK's are best served wearing robes and a Helmet, though the female versions are much less Taz the tazmanian devil like in propotions, you need to have a thing for thick women, then again with some non smexy plate armor (if you can find some that doesn't magically turn into a metal thong when it gets put on a female), they can probably be made to look quite mannish..

The worst part of PDK's is the romper stomper run animation caused by having those ridiculously large boots, which appear to have caused the animator to widen their gate to the point where it Looks like a kid jumping in rain puddles in his dads rubber boots.

PDK look is awful :/

Ah! I was going to ask if Purple Dragon Knights were half-giant or half-ogre or some such thing. With the exception of some hair options and one female face option, they look horrible! I have created a few for testing builds, but quickly delete them.

Yeah, power wise... it would seem unavoidable for me to eventually run a PDK. I really like humans... and I really like epic play, so skipping 1-15 is nice.

But... unless I plan to play a brutish human (not real likely currently), the look of them is ridiculous. Giant hulking int based mechanic.... Giant hulking dex based assassin... Giant hulking wis based monk..... just not seeing it....
    Cannith Server :Vice Sovereign of The Guild of Calamitous Intent

Kalener (Monk) Renelak (backup band) Raoull (Mr. McStabby) Kaleray (laser heals) Kalrah (xbow rogue)

Community Member

Default Please, Please redesign Purple Dragon Knight!!!

I keep trying to play a PDK character, but I find the graphic depiction so offensive, that I just cannot make myself watch the toon in action.

Man-Bear-Pig would be a preferable alternative.

They are Quarter Orc.

Half human and half half-orc.

Or just humans with very fat necks and moon faces.
    I don't care...

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    It can certainly hurt to be on the receiving end of a nerf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12