Default Animal Growth questions

Hi, I've a ranger but he's not high level enough to gain access to animal growth spell.
    I'm just curious, can you cast this spell on your summoned nature's allies? And on your improved-wild-empathized ones?
    Is there a way for a ranger to cast animal growth on himself?
    Thank you for answers

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mezzorco View Post
    I'm just curious, can you cast this spell on your summoned nature's allies? And on your improved-wild-empathized ones?
    Is there a way for a ranger to cast animal growth on himself?
    I totally forgot rgrs now get Animal Growth as a spell. Unfortunately, it's darn near useless to them: you can cast it on your summons, but they're so weak it's a waste of SPs; I think you can cast it on charmed animals, but using Wild Empathy is so rarely done I can't see it as being useful; and the only way to cast it on yourself is if you're a shapeshifter - and the TWF & ranged feats are useless to a wolf / bear, making rgr / druid combos problematic at best. If / when rgrs get a wolf pet like druids, AG might become useful; but as it is it's basically a wasted spell slot.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Thank you for your reply