Default Level 17 Tempest Suggestions on quests to focus on for gear?

Just durious what the folks here might suggest.

Since I may be repeating quests for experience, which level 15-19 quests have that "to die for" equpment on the loot tables?

Running an Elf Tempest Ranger, level 17. I run solo normally, with hirelings thrown in as needed.
    Thelanis - Solo Artists (level 15 guild)
    Saihung - 16 Ranger : Narir - 12 Wizard: Doodlebrain Wisenhammer - 8 Paladin
    Fuirwyn HalfFull - 14 Rogue Mechanic: Nephtalia Treehugger - 6 Druid: Wusai - 6 Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Feihung View Post

Since I may be repeating quests for experience, which level 15-19 quests have that "to die for" equpment on the loot tables?

Running an Elf Tempest Ranger, level 17. I run solo normally, with hirelings thrown in as needed.
    Just go random gen you're almost to epic where everything heroic is pretty much trash

Community Member

Go for Cormyrian weapons from the Eveningstar challenges. You run each of Ring of Fire, Sunset, and Defenseless one time (may have to repeat ring of fire another time) and you can pick a weapon of your choosing. For a TWF character you can get some nice stuff, but you can also get some ****. But hey you get to pick the min level and type. These challenges are easier to run solo anyway since they scale up big time with a full party. Ring of fire is just an arena fight, nothing special there, trick in defenseless is to keep reviving the trees if they go down and upgrade them all at least once, in sunset you need to bring overwhelming force to bear on the werewolves or they will break the ritual (FvS blaster hire helps, and beat em down).

I pulled these and am pretty happy with them overall, all ML16:
    +4 Shocking Burst Khopesh, Disintegration, Vertigo +6
    +4 Screaming Khopesh, Steam, Wounding
    +4 Flaming Burst Khopesh, Magma Surge, Stunning +8
    +4 Icy Burst Khopesh, Steam, Cursespewing
    +4 Acid Burst Khopesh, Corrosive Salt, Shattermantle

The disintegrate is nice with tempest II, and it hits for 500+ points. I use the cold one on Fire Giants, and the Fire/Acid ones on trolls, etc. Shock and Sonic damage are less resisted so I get a lot of mileage out of that pairing.

Community Member

I just pulled a couple more, to give you an idea of the randomness, really I was hoping for another one with disintegrate on it.

+4 True Law, Incineration, Maladroit
    +4 Shocking Burst, Crushing Wave, Weakening

Community Member

For heroic twf I'd go with elite Axe of Adaxus, one of the Legend Tome page turnin rewards(special mention to Deathnip), or Envenomed Blades(or lootgen paralyzers at 10-15). (Paralyzers are the strongest general purpose weapons in heroic, they only start to slacken in the higher lvls, but are still good.)
    Last edited by HalfORCastrator; 06-11-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Feihung View Post

The bow from the "In the Flesh" chain is pretty good until you can get something better in epic levels.

Other than that? Nothing really.

Raid loot on the other had is good, especially if you plan on TRing a lot as much of the better epic loot is min-level 23-25. I'd still make shroud weapons but I do TR a lot so they really pay off there.

If you can easily access the Cannith Challenges, go for a Ring of the Stalker. The level 16 version is not all that difficult to get and it comes with a really groovy effect, Manslayer. Any humanoid you hit with a natural 20 confirmed crit is killed instantly if it has less than 1000 hit points. You'll be fighting a ton of drow on your way to level 25 and with the 100% off-hand hits a tempest gets, that is a lot of chances to roll a 20 and instakill a mob.

Plus you get some seeker, the ethereal effect and a bit of exceptional sneak attack. All in all, an awesome item for any melee character.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyputrid View Post
    If you can easily access the Cannith Challenges, go for a Ring of the Stalker. The level 16 version is not all that difficult to get and it comes with a really groovy effect, Manslayer. Any humanoid you hit with a natural 20 confirmed crit is killed instantly if it has less than 1000 hit points. You'll be fighting a ton of drow on your way to level 25 and with the 100% off-hand hits a tempest gets, that is a lot of chances to roll a 20 and instakill a mob.

Plus you get some seeker, the ethereal effect and a bit of exceptional sneak attack. All in all, an awesome item for any melee character.
    In support of a couple of the comments above, deathnips are very nice, but nothing beats 2x paralyzers in heroic. And the best paralyzers are elemental khopesh of water:
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Elemental_Khopesh_of_Water

Go for the level 12 tier 3 version and add holy, screaming, and master craftsmanship. You'll have ML16 blades that are +4, paralyzing, holy, icy burst, screaming, crushing wave. In other words a weapon that would be about ML25 if lootgen. This requires you to have access to a crafter. If you have a crafter yourself, then you could consider building one of those and a crafted vampiric with bodyfeeder. The 2 combined give you a ton of HP and a ton of crowd control, making most missions a breeze. Add in a frozen tunic for freezing ice effect and go nuts.

Considering the OP said ELF Tempest!

I've not been disappointed by...

2 x http://ddowiki.com/page/Fang_of_Siberys

Admittedly the character wielding them TRd instantly on hitting 20 and I would expect to have to farm Epic items if I carried on into Epics.