Default Attaining 3 Past Life: Druid. What is the quickest way?

UPDATE: I was not clear in my request. I see that now. What I meant to ask is--

What is the quickest leveling build which will give me a druid PL when all is said and done, multi-class or not?

------------------------------

SAID ORIGINALLY:

I have two conceivable options:

1) Start a new 32-point druid and level them up three times.
    2) Gather green steel with my favored soul and TR them after I get a sweet collection.

Will green steel help me level a LOT faster after I get it, or can I forgo that step for the sake of alacrity?
    Last edited by Certon; 05-30-2013 at 04:42 PM. Reason: I was unclear in my request.

Greensteel Items are very good for helping you through the Level 11+

You will need to gather the Shards on the character as they are BtC, but the rest are not.

As for weapons that depends more on your builds for getting through. However, a GS scimitar for level 12+ can be helpful.

I would look into a chronoscope Set for Level 5 to 10. These 5 items are a utility belt useful for just about any build in that level range.

Default Need more information

You don't say what kind of druid you want to make. Druids are extremely flexible, so do you like to melee or cast? I build caster druids, but can't help on melee. I am willing to bet that someone out there is thinking the opposite. Tell us what you want to do, and we can go from there.

Generally speaking, though, I consider greensteel accessories(at the very least a Con-Opp and HP/Heavy Fort item) mandatory for TR. They just make that much difference.
    Last edited by Susie1262; 05-29-2013 at 06:30 AM.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zemuze, Zeeby

Quote Originally Posted by ~Susie1262 View Post
    You don't say what kind of druid you want to make. Druids are extremely flexible, so do you like to melee or cast? I build caster druids, but can't help on melee. I am willing to bet that someone out there is thinking the opposite. Tell us what you want to do, and we can go from there.

Generally speaking, though, I consider greensteel accessories(at the very least a Con-Opp and HP/Heavy Fort item) mandatory for TR. They just make that much difference.
    It doesn't matter how I build it, as long as however I build it, I can level it as quickly as possible.

Cool /bump

My apologies for the bump, but I'd think this is better than a new post.

Community Member

Default Don't have to do pure.

If your just going to tr 3 times...having a rogue lv will help get more exp and you wont have to try to jump over traps if doing some quests solo. I have been doing 2 rogue on my builds that plan to tr.

Why do you want 3 druid past-lives?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

I'm doing a 2 rogue melee druid right now. Will be going the cleave/great cleave route with reaving roar for aoe goodness.
    With shillelagh and rams might on a quarterstaff (not using wolf form)I'm just destroying low level elites. Being able to trap has been great as well.
    He's only level 6, still a long way to go but I only see things getting better.
    Quote Originally Posted by teh_meh View Post
    1337 x Pi = 80081E5

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Why do you want 3 druid past-lives?
    This is why:

3 druid PL for +6 to all controlled creatures and hireling's stats
    Augment Summon for another +4
    Grand Summoner for another +4
    ---
    Grand total of +14 to all summons and hires stats

plus:

Twist in Natural Shielding for +100 HP and +30 PRR.

---

In the end, I'd want a Monk/Pale Master Grand Summoner with Epic Wolf Whistle, a 20 Arty with a killer dog, or a Druid with said killer dog and awesome summons.

Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is why:

---

plus:

---

In the end, I'd want a Monk/Pale Master Grand Summoner with Epic Wolf Whistle, a 20 Arty with a killer dog, or a Druid with said killer dog and awesome summons.
    If it gave a +14 to AI, I could see the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    If it gave a +14 to AI, I could see the appeal.
    While the AI is not perfect, the dog is useful. I've seen a couple folks that created supertank dogs. Works great for caster druids.

My current druid's dog is less than survivable, but mainly because the toon is multiclass so the dog is several levels lower than it should be. However, I trained him along the way to experiment with my build which has 11d6 SA die from helf dilly, wolf attacks, and the helf dilly enhancements. The dog was trained to bluff and trip, which allowed this toon to pretty much have SA every hit. It's quite impressive, and I hope to experiment some more with a pure druid so the dog won't be held back. I think there's a lot of potential there if you're willing to work with it.

A heel command that actually makes the dog stay by you would be the only thing I really think the AI needs. Other than him running off and biting off more than he can chew out of range of heals, he's pretty useful.

With 3 pls and augment, it would only get better.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

Will green steel help me level a LOT faster after I get it, or can I forgo that step for the sake of alacrity?
    Well, Fawngate's 3rd druid life was also a handicapped life.

She restricted herself by not taking anything out of her reincarnation bank at all.
    She did use an Otto's Box.
    She went Wolf Form, pure Druid with points in STR, CON, WIS.
    Since Wolf Form has its own attack base, she was easily able to use less good equipment.

The life went smoothly enough since she understands druids,
    and she had a good time.

I repeat, she had greensteels and choose not to use them.
    Instead she used the equipment from the Otto's Box.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

This is why:

---

plus:

---

Sounds awesome.

I love it when I take Thistle the lvl 3 permanent hire all sorts of places.

The only problems you will encounter are:
    Epic Elite ~ summons tend to agro the whole room yet some parties can only handle
    pulling a few monsters at a time.
    Raids ~ some raid leaders have a "no pets" policy.

Good luck, I know I enjoy summons/hires with Fawngate even without the Grand Summoner
    or the Epic Wolf Whistle.

PS Haystack still dies even with evasion....lol...